PDA

View Full Version : A visit with Karen and Paul

gini
09-08-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid185/pe97fcdda9d1a04499b8c57927a4f92b6/f2644cb4.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid185/p42fa431888f663a64e636781b526040f/f2644c77.jpg

I don't think Paul liked my flash!

Here you are, I finally downloaded my pictures of my trip to the Boston area to visit family.

It was just wonderful finally being able to meet Karen and Paul. They were kind enough to drive down from their home to Hingham, Mass where my family now lives.

I was very quick to tell them that it is entirely their fault that I now have this annual BBQ in my backyard and have the fire department and my Korean neighbors in an uproar!

I complained that it would have been wonderful if they could have been here too. Shhhh, word has it, that if I hold another in 2006 - they just might attend. WHOOOPPEEEE!

They were so generous in bringing gifts and even included some wonderful animal stickers for my two nieces.

We had a great time over a long dinner (we closed the restaurant) and I got to ask them all of the questions that I have been saving.

And if any of you think it is easy running Petoftheday.com - think again!!! I gather that they have just given up on having a private life and getting some sleep.

They were also very helpful with great advice for my sis in law on the care and feeding and home environment for bunnies. My niece has been promised a new bunny by Thanksgiving to live in their new home.

The time went by way too fast and it was time to say goodbye.
I just cannot believe that I have actually met them now - and they are just as you would imagine - FAMILY!!

Karen and Paul - this was a must do for me - and certainly a highlight of my trip. THANK YOU for everything!

K9karen
09-08-2005, 11:41 PM
WOW! How wonderful you had a chance to meet! I had the pleasure of meeting them at a mini Pa meeting. Aren't they wonderful? They have time for everyone! So dedicated and hard working! I'm thrilled you had a wonderful time! They sure are 2 of the nicest people I've ever met! I love them to pieces! Maybe Paul was trying to catch some ZZZs? :p ;) :D

Karen
09-08-2005, 11:47 PM
Guess he didn't want anyone to see his pretty blue eyes! ;)
Thanks again for a lovely dinner, Gini, glad we were able to answer your questions - satisfactorily, I hope! We all gabbed so long that they were literally closing the restaurant around us ... they don't call us PetTALKers fer nuthin'!

It's funny, but in the photos, it looks like I'm taller than Paul - which is not true, he's just all legs, so sitting down, he shrinks! :)

beeniesmom
09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
OH WOW!
Sounds like the trip was a success!
You all look so nice in those photos! HAPPY PEOPLE! :)
I hope to be able to visit with Karen and Paul sometime.
:)

anna_66
09-09-2005, 08:53 AM
How wonderful that you all were able to get together and have a nice evening just enjoying each others company.
Gini, aren't they just the best?!

Daisy and Delilah
09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
We love Karen and Paul!!! Meeting them in person must be a great honor indeed!! Glad you all had fun!

Terry, Daisy and Delilah:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Awww , how wonderful that you met Paul and Karen!! What a shame we cannot see Paul's eyes:( . I know, he saves those for Karen ;) :) !!
I am glad you had such a good trip, Gini! After such a hectic BBQ, you deserved it ;)

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 09:01 AM
:) Oh how so neat to get to meet & all.. Hey Paul need to open them eyes for the pictures ;) :p ..

slick
09-09-2005, 09:06 AM
Paul, wake up!!! :D :D Great pics and it looks like you guys shared alot of laughs....and they are coming to the bbq next year! YIPEE!!! Now we can all meet them and thank them in purrrson for our addiction. :D

lbaker
09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Maybe it's just as well my Boston Meeting was last month - if we had all met for dinner they would have had to serve us breakfast too! :D :p

new mom to a veiled
09-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by slick
Paul, wake up!!! :D :D Great pics and it looks like you guys shared alot of laughs....and they are coming to the bbq next year! YIPEE!!! Now we can all meet them and thank them in purrrson for our addiction. :D

Paul:

Paint some eyes on your eyelids...that way nobody will ever know if your catching some zzzz's.

Sounds like you guys had a blast. The pic's are great!!!!

luvofallhorses
09-09-2005, 01:02 PM
It looks like you all had a great time! :)

wolflady
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
How fun! I'm so glad that everyone had a good time. It would be totally neat to have Karen and Paul attend next year's BBQ! ;) Gini is by far the hostess with the mostess! :D

**hugs**

ramanth
09-09-2005, 01:35 PM
:D Very cool! Sounds like you guys had a great time. :)

NoahsMommy
09-09-2005, 09:17 PM
How nice you got to meet the Mayor's of PT, Gini! :)

Looks like you all had a very nice time.

Glad you're back!! :)