PDA

View Full Version : Kasha's History!!!

Glacier
09-08-2005, 05:26 PM
This afternoon, my husband got an email from a lady claiming to be Kasha's original owner--not the people who dumped her at the shelter. This person had heard through the grapevine that Kasha had been surrendered and was inquiring about her status. Stuart knows me well enough to know that I would not have given Kasha back, so he called her to find out what she wanted. Turns out she didn't want her back, but did want to make sure she was ok. So I called her just a few minutes ago. I rarely get the chance to find out anything about my critters' past as they all arrive as adults.

Kasha is a bit younger than we were told. She was born in 1991, early spring. So she's coming 15. She was born in Fort Nelson, BC and was adopted at 3 months old with her brother, Milo. She was spayed at 8 months, never had kittens. She is a very well travelled kitty. She has lived in several towns in BC and all across the arctic. Her first owner works as an air traffic controller so she has been transferred alot.

In 1997, while living in Fort St. John, BC she was shot with a bb gun. She was allowed outside. Fortunately, the bb only hit the end of her tail and not the rest of her body. She suffered a nerve injury to her tail and began to chew at it. The damaged end was amputated. I knew something had happened to her tail. She's a big, fluffy cat with a very short tail that doesn't fit the rest of her! That's been her only health issue.

She was rehomed 3 years ago when the couple had their first child. She was fine until the baby started crawling. Then she made it very clear that she does not like children. She scratched the baby quite badly and fairly often from the sounds of it. Milo also passed away about this time and Kasha did not like being an only kitty. So they found her a home with a couple who had another cat who needed a companion. Not the route I would have taken, but I can see where Kasha wouldn't like kids. She doesn't like being harassed and she's quick to use her claws.

She's always been a niphead, always liked to be carried. Her name comes from a princess in a fantasy novel that her first owner read years ago.

I gave her an update on Kasha and explained how we had come to adopt her, including Twicket's story. She seemed very happy to know that Kasha was ok. She has some brushes and old vet records that she is going to bring to me. I told her I would email her some pictures tonight and hopefully, I can get a kitten pic of her. I'd love to know what she looked like as a wee one.

When I called, I was prepared to be a bit b###hy with her, but she did seem to geniunely care about Kasha and relieved that she is well. It is nice to know more about her past.

Flatcoatluver
09-08-2005, 05:45 PM
awww

Uabassoon
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I think it's great that she called you to check up on her, it shows that despite the circumstances she still is concered about her. It's sad that she's had to be rehomed twice, but now she's in the best forever home :)

jenluckenbach
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Very interesting. Kasha has had the pleasure of making 3 families happy. :)

catmandu
09-08-2005, 06:53 PM
THERE ARE VERY FEW,OF THE FOUND CATS,THAT I AM NOT AWARE,OF THIER PAST HISTORY,BUT THATS BECAUSE,THEY CAME,FROM A BRREDER,MY BROTHER,OF FROM FRIENDS,OR ADOPTION PLACES.
THATS GREAT,,THAT YOU KNOW,A LOT MORE ABOUT KASHA,THAT IS ONE INTERESTING STORY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture723.jpg

furrykidsmother
09-08-2005, 07:16 PM
How nice that you learned about her past and that her previous owner still is concerned. It would be wonderful if you could get baby pictures of her. That would complete the picture!!!

CalliesMom
09-08-2005, 07:37 PM
Yes, it was a shame she had to rehome her but if Kasha doesn't do well with kids...at least she ended up in a great forever home.

I know we got Callie at a very young age but I've always wondered what her siblings looked like.

Sonia59
09-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Oh it's nice that you talked to the woman and can know more about Kasha's past! I hope you will get pictures of baby Kasha!
:)

Queen of Poop
09-09-2005, 04:16 PM
How wonderful to know her background. Of the bunch I'd have to say she's in the best home now.