PDA

View Full Version : I posted this in Dog Memorial

anna_66
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
but wanted everyon to see...

I haven't shared this with anyone but Robin yet, but one of the reasons that I feel I'm able to handle Angus's passing more is that on Friday I received something in the mail.
I had entered his picture in a calendar contest. Well I had actually forgotten about it until a package was at our door Friday when I got home. I had no idea what it could be and when I opened it there was this lovely letter...

Dear Anna Adkins,

Congratulations! I'm delighted to inform you that you are a winner in the Dogs Calendar Contest. your winning entry will appear in the 365 Dogs Color Page-A-Day Calendar for 2006.

Your photograph of Angus makes a wonderful contribution to the calendar and will appear on Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I'm especially happy to enclose a complimentary copy of the calendar, which I hope you'll enjoy all year long.

Best wishes for the coming year.

This was the picture...
And the caption says...
"Angus urges everybody to get out today and vote. With this massive rottie monitoring his hometown polling place, it's a sure thing there won't be any voting irregularities in Piqua, OH. Angus's owner is Anna Adkins.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid185/pe74dd4b10afa6fb47d303577468e6001/f26996a9.jpg

Now tell me, is that a sign or what?! I just felt like a heavy weight was lifted from me. I think it was his sign to me telling me I could move on and not be so sad when I think of him:)

beeniesmom
09-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Thank you for sharing this. I hope everyday gets easier for you.

ramanth
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
How sweet Anna! :)

lbaker
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
OH ANNA, LES at this. How very, very special for you and hubby. What timing eh? He's on TWO calendars this upcoming year and so yes, it's his dear, doggy message to you. What a very special boy. Tears of joy and saddness at the same time - I guess that's what being a PetFriend/Partner is all about isn't it.

pitc9
09-08-2005, 09:25 AM
Oh Anna, congrats!!!
That is soooo wonderful!
:D
Congrats to you too Angus!

Daisy and Delilah
09-08-2005, 10:04 AM
OMG Anna, tears are falling here for sure. Hello Sweet Boy. You look so handsome in your picture and have surely made your family so happy! What a fitting tribute to the sweetest boy the earth has ever known:)

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah

Lobodeb
09-08-2005, 10:11 AM
How special!

I can see how you feel as if Angus is speaking to you!

I have warm fuzzies in my heart.

DogLover9501
09-08-2005, 10:20 AM
Tears are falling here, too.

Anna, I think it's definatly a sign. What a nice surprise!

Angus has the perfect face for a calendar, doesn't he? :)

Glacier
09-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Oh, that's lovely! Definately a sign. They always find a way to let us know they are ok. That's a beautiful picture of your boy.

4 Dog Mother
09-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh, Anna, isn't it nice that God gives us such special signs!!! Angus was such a sweet boy and that is such a great picture of him! Congatulations!

luvofallhorses
09-08-2005, 11:52 AM
That's awesome, Anna! :) I do think it is a sign as well. :)

petslover
09-08-2005, 02:27 PM
I believe that was a sign too. That is wonderful.

wolf_Q
09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
That is wonderful Anna! What a great photo that shows off that handsome smile. I think it is a sign to remember the happy times with him not just think of the sad. {{hugs}}

Dixieland Dancer
09-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Now on November 7th everyone who gets to see that calendar will get to know what we already know on Pet Talk..... Angus is one very special boy! Congratulations, Anna, on raising such a super boy who will live in our hearts forever with much fondness everytime we think of him.

Jadapit
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh Anna, I also believe that had to be a sign. I bet that really did your heart good to see that. That is an awesome picture of Angus.

chocolatepuppy
09-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I'm sure it's a sign from Angus. I'm covered in goose bumps and teary eyed so I'm sure of it! ;)

gemini9961
09-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Anna my thoughts are with you as this is so hard, but Angus is telling you "it's ok Mom, I'm fine and I watch you and Dad everyday" it's him telling you it's ok and remember the good times and his wonderful smile.

RobiLee
09-08-2005, 09:20 PM
This is WONDERFUL!!! It makes me very happy also and I can't wait to get one for myself.:p

KYS
09-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh Anna that is so wonderful.
Many people will get to learn about this special boy in
the calanders. What a nice surprise.

((HUGS))

cyber-sibes
09-08-2005, 11:19 PM
How wonderful to get such a great sign from Angus - he sent you one of his big rottie smiles so you won't feel so sad thinking about him! Great timing, and you know there are no coincidences!;)

lbaker
09-09-2005, 06:35 AM
I already have a copy of the PetTalkDogs calendar that Kay Ann put together (and I love it) but I would very much like to have this one that Angus is starring in! How may I order it? May I?

Logan
09-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Bless his heart, he's still working magic, isn't he? :)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Clever boy Angus - what a lovely way to get in touch

shutterbug0303
09-18-2005, 10:40 AM
Anna!!! Another message from Angus!!!

My mom's birthday was the other day and I was looking through some of her presents....

Guess what I found?!?! The calendar with Angus in it! As soon as I saw the box, I ripped into it and flipped right to November 4th...and would you believe who was staring me in the face!?!? Funny how a PT angel wiggled his way into my home.

I just had to let you know that Angus will be with us all year :D

NoahsMommy
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Aww, Anna...that's so nice!! :)

I love the saying with his picture...and how neat your name is in there too!

I'm glad you can feel happy when you think of him, now. I'm sure he'd want that.

(((Hugs)))

K9karen
09-18-2005, 11:17 PM
Anna, you know how I believe in "signs", having received quite a number of them myself! Angus sent you smiles and thanks for a wonderful life. Isn't it a wonderful relief to know he's OK? I can't wait to get the calender! What a good little salesman! He wants us all to get one!

dukedogsmom
09-19-2005, 05:14 AM
That is such a cute pic of Angus. I always loved his sweet face. I'm glad this is helping you deal with his passing. It's so great that he got picked to be in that calendar. Thatls something really special. Thanks for sharing this with us.