PDA

View Full Version : Wondering

merril
09-08-2005, 01:00 AM
:rolleyes: I was wondering how many people with cats such as Jasper like to put their toys in their waterbowl and enjoy climbing into the shower or bath when it's wet from someone just leaving it.
merril

lady_zana
09-08-2005, 03:07 AM
Mine somethings leave their toys in their water bowl but normally leave them in their food bowls (??) :rolleyes: Strange little kitties!

Eepie loves to get in the bathtub. She'll wait until the water is gone then jump in and lick the water droplets off the bottom of the tub.:D

Lightning SuperCat
09-08-2005, 04:03 AM
Lightning is always leaving toys in his waterbowl. Once he left his mousie that runs around in there, and now it doesn't work!
He loves getting in the tub after a shower, too. He will stand on the edge of the tub and put his one front paw on the faucet, and use the other to shake the water droplets off the hose to the showehead! He also likes to sit at the edge there he won't get wet and watch, saying "what are you DOING??? you are ALL WET!!! :p i told him one of these days you are going to slip and fall in, and a few minutes later, he did! :eek:
cats are strange.

Flatcoatluver
09-08-2005, 05:44 PM
my kitty's arn't big on toy playing, are youngust is but she just likes to play with you not toys

dab_20
09-12-2005, 08:10 PM
my cat HATES water. she hates walking on anything thats wet. she loves to play with her toys though. shes only 6 months. she loves to put all her toys in her little bed. then we dont have to clean up! lol

lvpets2002
09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
:D Yup yup sounds just like three out of six of my babies.. Oh every morning we have to have shower patrol just so I can get in & of course a welcome committee when I get out.. Now the other day was taking a bubble bath & Splenda my youngest kept bringing me her mouse & dropping it the tub with me.. It was so funny..:p

furrykidsmother
09-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes, Fluffy when she is about done playing with her toy, usually it is a toy mouse and one time it was a wind up one, she likes to put them in the waterbowl. Not sure why they do it, but it is cute isn't it!! One of her favorite "toys" is just a crumpled up peace of paper she may find in Daddy's trash bucket in his office. Those often end up in the water too!

Addie
09-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Timmy doesn't play, he kisses, that's his thing, but when i'm taking a shower he'll come in with me and it at the back of the tub by the drain so the water doesn't hit him directly. Or if the water in the bathtub is low enough he'll come and lay ontop of me, and sometimes he sleeps!

merril
09-17-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks everyone looks like it's turned into a good topic.
I am trying to see if I can get pics out there of Jasper if you could please click on the yellow box if there is one and tell me if you can go anywhere to see pics.
Otherwise I will ask my daughter to assist.
cheers

trayi52
09-17-2005, 08:33 AM
Grover loves to walk around in the shower after somebody has been in it. I haven't seen her put her toys in her water though. Most of the time what she likes to play with better than her toys is my ponytail holders or the rings off the milk jugs. Anyway something she thinks she is stealing!

Willie:D

Beauty17
09-19-2005, 03:33 PM
My cat Beauty likes to get into the bathtub after someone has just emptied it, when the weather is cold. I think she likes the warmth and does not mind the wet. She also likes to sleep on wet sweaters when they are lying flat on a sweater rack to dry. Funny, funny cat.

Sus
09-20-2005, 09:47 AM
My two first cats, Pepper and Chili, who were brothers from the same litter, were both nuts about water. :) They too were waiting for me to get out of the shower, so that they could get in!

I sometimes made a fish pond for them, using a small tub/washing-up bowl and some small dried fish. They usually scooped up the fish, ate them, and then afterwards they went in for a paddle! It was terribly messy! They kept shaking their wet paws all the time only in order to stick them right back into the water again... And I have a photo of Pepper, standing i a bucket full of luke-warm water. I swear he went in there himself! Unfortunately, I can't prove it, since the pictures are very old. I would have to borrow a scanner first.

Bella hates water, and she always has. It is my experience that most cats that love water, are young cats, and that they often outgrow their fondness of it... So enjoy the sight while you can! Take pictures!

Lots of love,
Sus and Bella ;)

Randi
09-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Fister likes to lick running water from the bathroom floor, but I don't think he actually would get into a tub if I had one - but you never know. ;)

Sus, I've not seen that picture, it sounds hilarious! :D You're welcome to come over and I'll scan it for you. :)

Beauty17
09-21-2005, 11:33 AM
And here is one additional remark, about my sister's late cat Tribble. He used to like to take showers with her, and he would sing in the shower. As someone else noted was the case with their cat/s, he did seem to outgrow this interest. He also liked to go deep water diving after bugs that happened to fall into water that was left in the bathtub. He was a mixed color-point Siamese, very vocal but with a melodious voice. He was a giant, but so gentle that you could pick him up in the middle of a cat fight (which he was always winning, because he was so fierce), and he would immediately retract his claws and smoothe his fur and return to being the cuddle bunny "tribble" for whom he was named. He also used to like to go sailing. He had his own little custom fit life vest.