PDA

View Full Version : A reflecting anniversary

davidpizzica
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Tomorrow would have been my parents 66th wedding anniversary. It's sad to think of them both gone. You're not going to believe this, but they eloped! The hospital where my mom worked didn't allow their nurses to be married, so they got married on the sly. They were married fom 1939 to my mom's passing in 1997. They actually married for 58 years. Something for me to think about.

joycenalex
09-07-2005, 06:22 PM
wow! how different things were then, and what a testament to them, a durable marriage and a great loving son, who is a blessing to many

DJFyrewolf36
09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
I am glad that there are people in this world that believe in the commitment of marrage (not that I'm bashing people for getting devorced, as I know that there are legitimate reasons for splitting up). I've noticed that people who elope generally have better relationships, as they have already endured a lot just to be married (Not always the truth, I'll admit). My parents eloped and they are still very happily together 25 years later :D. I eloped with John, and I have a very strong feeling that we will grow old together too.

Thank you for posting this, David. It is an inspiration to me in my married life :)

slick
09-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Happy anniversary David's parents! May you have a wonderful celebration in heaven!

moosmom
09-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Happy Anniversary in heaven, davidp's parents. You've got a mighty fine, wonderful, compassionate son who is a good friend. You should be very proud!!

Celebrate in heaven. You certainly deserve it.