PDA

View Full Version : Yay Kaedyn! *brag*

binka_nugget
09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Pointless post but I'm just so proud of my boy. :D

As some of you might know, Kaedyn has lots of issues I've been trying to work on. He gets jealous easily around Kai (usually leads to fighting), barks at everything (I swear he likes the sound of his own voice), and lunges at people (especially during walks). I have a lot of plans and things I want to do with my dogs but it's really hard to get started with all the issues he has.

A few weeks ago, I had Kathy from Custom Canine (http://customcanine.com) come over and do an assessment on him. It completely opened my eyes and changed the way I train my dogs. Then today we had our first in-home/outside session. After some exercises in the house, we took him outside. He came across another dog, a family and two people. I consider myself lucky when he doesn't react to just one person during our walks.. but this time, he barely reacted to any of them! The most he did was let out a bark and then turned around and walked away when I told him "leave it" (one of the exercises we worked on).

She mentioned how fast he was catching on too. That made me pretty happy since both my mom and I said that if he didn't improve at all after seeing a behaviorist, rehoming him to an only dog home might be best for not only him, but Kai too. I'm so, so, so proud of my boy! :D

lv4dogs
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Pointless post??? :eek: WHAT! No way. This is a major breakthrough.
I am so proud of Kaedyn & you. What an accoplishment.
COngrats & way to go.
Keep up the good work.

Suki Wingy
09-07-2005, 03:13 PM
WAY TO GO KAEDYN!!!
My Layla lunged out and that is mainly what made my parents surrender her.

luvofallhorses
09-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Not a pointless post at ALL!!! Good boy, Kaedyn!! :D

k9krazee
09-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Great news...Good job Kaedyn!!!!!

petslover
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Yay! Way to go Kaedyn. You are wrong this is not pointless at all. Congrats!

Ginger's Mom
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree, not pointless at all. As a matter of fact, I love seeing posts like this. Great Job Kaedyn and Ashley!!! I am sure that you have both worked very hard at this accomplishment. It shows what a Pet Talker will do for her dogs (both of them). :)

ParNone
09-07-2005, 07:57 PM
Way to go Binka_nugget and Kaedyn!!

Hey if you've got time, could you please post what the exercises are. Especially in relation to barking. Love to try it on Gull.

Par...

anna_66
09-08-2005, 08:45 AM
This is definitely NOT a pointless post girl! You should be totally proud of the way he's doing, I would be if it were me!

I'm so very happy for all of you!!!!

binka_nugget
09-08-2005, 11:50 AM
:D Thanks everyone.

Par, I'd be glad to share the exercises with you. It'll be a bit hard to explain but I'll try typing it up after I go through the booklets again. :)