PDA

View Full Version : Sphynx Rescue - Permission to cross post

moosmom
09-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Urgent Sphynx Rescue...

I need everyone to read this. There is a serious Sphynx rescue going on in Ohio. A small cattery has been shut down because the owner lost her job, her home and everything she owns. A friend of mine who I met at a cat show emailed me and said this is urgent.

Here's the link. If you have ANY way of either fostering or adopting one of these precious babies, please, help these guys out.

www.sphynxrescue.com Once you get into the site, click on available Sphynxes.

I've already got my application in for girlfriend for MooShoo, even if it's only to foster. Yeah, yeah, I know I said no more fostering. But how could I resist???

If you can help out, please email or call Brenda at 330-530-1227 or email her at [email protected]. The cats won't be in Ohio until next week (transport is being planned).

I'm going to crosss-post in Cat General as well.

Thanks guys!!!

catmandu
09-07-2005, 05:43 PM
I WOULD TAKE A KITTEN,IF IT WASNT TOO DEAR,AS MY HYDRO,HAS DOUBLED,AND THE FOUND CATS,ARE DUE,FOR THIER SHOTS,NEXT MONTH.
I MET A SPYNX CAT,ON THE WAY,TO THE CAT SHOW,AND FELL IN LOVE ,IWTH THEM,THEY ARE SO WARM,AND FRIENDLY.
I HOPE,THAT THOSE CATS,WILL BE ALL RIGHT.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos934.jpg

doolittleky
09-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I want one!!! I have wanted a Sphynx forever but didn't think I would ever be able to get one since they cost so much. Do you know how old they are???
Melissa

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Looks like the adoption fee is $100 - $300. And alos looks like varying ages. Some look like kittens other adults. Why not drop an email to the address Donna provided. I am sure they will answer all your questions gladly. :)

doolittleky
09-07-2005, 07:24 PM
well I filled out an application but I don't know if they will consider me since i have so many other babies. but I thought I would try.

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 07:25 PM
Good Luck Melissa. I know they couldn't find a better person for one of these babies.

moosmom
09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Melissa,

Good luck. I hope you used me as a reference. I told them how many cats I had and Brenda, the founder of Ohio Sphynx Rescue didn't even flinch. If you ARE approved, I'm no sure where you live, but I could probably pick it up. Brenda is located in Ohio close to PA. We're going to try and work out some kind of transfer (like meeting half way). The cats won't be arriving in Ohio (they're Illinois being spayed/neutered, tested and vaccinated. Some are being treated for URIs.)

Here is Brenda's number. Give her a call, tell her I suggested you call and talk to her. She's a great lady. Ohio Sphynx Rescue, 330-530-1227.

Let me know how you make out.

doolittleky
09-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks Donna,
I will call and talk to her. When I was filling out the application online I was at work and couldn't think of anyones number off the top of my head except katiekt_luvs_ kitties and a friend here at work so those are the references I used. I will tell her what you said. Thanks so much. Katies was wanting one too. I don't know if she is going to fill out an application though

moosmom
09-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Melissa,

Like I told you, it's going to take a while because the cats are being transported from Illinois. Before they transport them, they're all going to be fixed, tested, and vaccinated.

Michelle, the woman I met at the cat show, mentioned me to Brenda because they also have a couple of blind sphynxes that need homes and she thought of Moo.

I'll keep ya posted as I hear things.

doolittleky
09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Donna,
I am so excited i can't stand it. but i still think if they have that many applications that i don't have a chance since i have so many babies already. but i am hoping.