PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* on Lilith September 7th

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 08:30 AM
OK, well it seems the drugs are helping relieve her breathing problems. I called the vet this morning and her respiratory rate has come down significantly. Yesterday it was 100 and now it is between 30 - 40 when resting. 20 - 30 is normal. She ate for me around 5:00 am. First some wet food earlier in the night around 11:00 or so and then she had more wet food and some dry at around 5. She also drank some water. I found her at her water bowl twice between 5 and 5:30 this morning. Then around 6:00 she went and used the litter. She sleep on her side finally when she settled down after her potty break. She is right now loafing on the coffee table watching out the window and breathing normally. The vet believes that with the drugs taking effect so quickly and her responding so well that we can almost...ALMOST rule out heart failure. She will not get an xray today. We are going to get a full day of meds into her which means one prednesone and one clavamox this morning and one clavamox tonight. We want to see how much of an improvement this makes to her and we want her to be as calm as possible for the x-ray which will happen tomorrow. So keep all those fingers crossed and keep those prayers coming and those candles lit. We are looking for another PT miracle. And it seems we are on the right track. Thank you all so much caring and being so supportive. We appreciate it sooo much.

((((HUGS)))) to all

Michelle & Lilith

furrykidsmother
09-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Michelle, I am so happy and relieved to hear that Lilith is making some progress. That does sound good that the meds are helping so quickly. Hopefully, it is something very simple to treat and nothing serious. Good thoughts and prayers still being sent! Will be looking for updates and hoping that each one is better.

slick
09-07-2005, 09:11 AM
Good news Michelle! You must be so relieved. All fingers and paws crossed here and mega prayers on the way for tomorrow.

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm with furrysmother, relieved too. and that lilith's news is going her way on her positive path. I hope she will not get lost and resulted a heart failure, I refuse let that happen..

but too, lilith is very lucky to have a really good meowmie like you! she knows you'll help her get through and love her each day.

a huge, huge good vibe sent, winging through every cat on way there to lilith from our ark! (more cats, more hopes!) will keep you both in my thoughts and how is your hubby doing now?

((((MICHELLE&LILITH))))

..me & lilith's all furriends! :)

catmandu
09-07-2005, 09:22 AM
WE,ARE ALL PRAYING,FOR OUR FRIEND LILITH,THAT SHE CAN GET ALL BETTER,AND GET,TO GO ON HER TRIP,TO ITALY,AS SHE WOULD HATE,TO MISS OUT,ON THAT.
PLEASE GOD,OF ALL CATS,MAKE LILITH,WELL AGAIN.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos933.jpg

Lobodeb
09-07-2005, 09:24 AM
I am so relieved to hear this! I was so worried about her last night! Let's keep praying that she continues to recover.

orangemm
09-07-2005, 09:30 AM
oh, what a relief to hear that Lilith is doing better! I have been thinking and praying for her all night.

Give her some gentle scritches from me........

and hugs to you!

JenBKR
09-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Yay! Glad to hear that Lilith is doing better. What a relief. Poor little thing. I will keep praying and sending out those good vibes. :)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Adding my prayers too....

luvofallhorses
09-07-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm so relieved to hear this, Michelle. May she be well soon. ((((((((hugs)))))))))

Love,

Krista and the furkids

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Michelle, I'm also so relieved to hear this good news.:) Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent her way.

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I want to thank you all so much. Lilith is mad with meowmie and pawpie now as we gave Miss Cranky Pants her meds. Not a fun thing. She absolutely hates to be pilled. Her breathing rate is increased a little it is now about 55. This morning it was about 40. But that is because of the pilling. She is resting though in her basket and given another 30 minutes she should be ok. I figure in about an hour she will want food. Hopefully anyway. Well another clavamox in 12 hours and then she is ok til tomorrow. I hate that it stresses her out but she needs her meds and has to take them. I have a feeling it will only get worse too with the meds not better. BLECH. Again thank you. Each and everyone of you. Your support and caring means the world to us.

((((HUGS))))

Michelle & Lilith

Lobodeb
09-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Can you crush the pills and mix them in with some wet food so she won't get so upset?

Poor thing, I hate to think of her being sick and then upsetting her on top of it all.

Shady
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
My good wishes and prayers for Lilith to improve steadily.

I'm giving Kewpie meds right now, she's five and this is her first time for pilling. She's easy going, laid back and not much upsets her but she really resists this. (Tinkerbelle on the other hand, I would just say 'up on the desk, time for your pill and she'd oblige) pop it in and away we go.

I have to try at least four times to get it in and stay in, (I'm not a rookie at this, but she just wont swallow it easily even with holding her mouth shut, stroking her throat, and something I used to do with my RB Rocky, was blowing on his nose and he'd swallow) Nothing worked for me until last night, Kewpie loves cheese, so a small piece of cheese softened and the pill inside, and voila...down right away, no fuss no muss.

Good luck.

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Lilith is only picking at food so I don't think that will work. I wish it would. I will try crushing the clavamox tonight in the gravy of the wet food. Let's hope that works. And there is nothing she goes nuts for in the food department I wish there was it would make it so much easier. Vixen on the other hand would be a breeze to pill I am sure. She too loves cheese and I think I could get her to take pills that way. Thanks for the hints. :) I will give them a try.

furrykidsmother
09-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Michelle, sometimes putting a little bit of butter on the pill makes it taste better and helps it to slide down easier. I hope the next update we get from you is a good one! C'mon Lilith, try to stay calm. Don't let that nasty pill get you upset, it is for your own good sweetie! It will help to make you better.

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 03:51 PM
or you could try baby food in tuna flavor (or any flavoor lilith loves!) over wet food. maybe try to mash the pill, dissolve it, mix up?

lilith, never forget that we are pulling for you!!

hugs and come back on tonight, ok?

..gina & her loving ark

dab_20
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
i am so happy lilith is getting better!! it is going to be a miracle. i know she will get through this and be healthy again, and have a long life. prayers are traveling your way!

doolittleky
09-07-2005, 05:30 PM
I am glad Lilith is responding to treatment and I will continue to pray that she makes a full recovery!

CalliesMom
09-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Keeping our fingers crossed that the medications go well and that she doesn't become too stressed.

G535
09-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Poor Lilith, I hope she gets better soon. Pills are such nasty things and it's a shame we can't explain to the cats why they have to take them.

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Well...Lilith has been doing pretty good all day and evening. She is eating now and we put her clavamox in the food. She isn't complaining and this causes her no stress. :D I am so glad it is working. She has an appointment at 9:00am for her x-ray. I will post when I get back home.

A couple of things guys. I mentioned your suggestions to the vet the cheese and the butter. That is a no no. Any type of diary product counter-reacts with the antibiotic and they get no benefit from the drug. :eek: So no cheese, no butter. The food is working though.

Thanks everyone once again for holding my little girl close and sending her prayers and good thought. Cross your fingers for tomorrows x-rays.

((((HUGS))))

Michelle & Lilith

Daisy and Delilah
09-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Michelle and Hubby, I am on the dog side so much I'm sorry to say that I didn't know your precious Lilith is not feeling well. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Please get better Lilith and have a very speedy recovery!

Terry

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 10:37 PM
Thank you Terry. You can't be everywhere at once and you can't know everything either. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thank you we all hope we are on the right track with Miss Lilith and her treatments. :)

(((HUGS)))

Michelle & Lilith

Shady
09-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the info regarding the cheese/dairy.

I used real chicken tonight, so that should be ok. Still not a fun time, I am going to call and ask for liquid tomorrow. Hopefully that wont be such a fight.

I am glad to hear that Lilith is doing better. I have to wonder how much of a coincidence this was with the second vaccine. I would hope that giving her another so soon after the original didnt cause this.

Hang in there kittycats_delight, it's a real worry when the little ones are down and cant tell you what's wrong.

Good luck with the x-rays.

rg_girlca
09-07-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm glad to hear that precious Lilith is doing better and I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts on the way for tomorrow.

dab_20
09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
i am glad lilith is improving a little bit. still keeping fingers crossed!

kuhio98
09-08-2005, 04:23 PM
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88108

Lilith is at peace now. Her time here is over. Those who loved her are grieving and I'm sure they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.