PDA

View Full Version : Crufts making history!!!

carrie
03-10-2002, 02:59 PM
22,000 dogs competed and it is all over!

For the first time in history a non-British dog has taken best in show!

An outstanding Standard Poodle from Norway took the Best in Show title against very strong opposition.

A fantastic show all round this year.

Dixieland Dancer
03-10-2002, 03:13 PM
Next to Westminster, this is my all time favorite dog show to watch! I hope someone will post when they get ready to show it on Animal Planet.

Carrie you silly girl, your not suppose to tell us who the winner is though!!!! :eek: Oh Well, Maybe I will forget who the winner is by the time I watch it! :D

Logan
03-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Chris (ktreva) went for the whole week!! She left last Monday and will be back in Tennessee tomorrow night. Can't wait to get a full blown report from her!! :)

Carrie, I know this bit of news will make Pam's day!!! :D

Pam
03-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by carrie
22,000 dogs competed and it is all over!

An outstanding Standard Poodle from Norway took the Best in Show title against very strong opposition.

This is what I have to say about that! ;) LOL!

Heather Wallace
03-10-2002, 05:28 PM
An amazing fact (well maybe) Crufts takes place in the City where I live, Birmingham.

carrie
03-11-2002, 02:18 AM
Oooops! Sorry for letting the..um, dog(?).. out of the bag!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-11-2002, 12:09 PM
Carrie, I know you made Pam's day, those standard poodles are beautiful.
Jackie

Pam
03-11-2002, 09:17 PM
That is one gorgeous girl!! She looks like she never spent a day digging in the mud, unlike some other poodle I know. :rolleyes: Thanks for the links Chuck.

carrie
03-12-2002, 01:41 AM
The Standard Poodle's pictures do not do the dog justice! When you see the dog move and see the expression on his face and the pure love of life he exhibits you will see what I mean. He was immaculate in the ring but you just know by the dog's attitude that he spends most of his life belly high in mud and water having a ball!
(The Saluki was still my favourite though!)

Angels3
03-12-2002, 05:31 AM
Thanks for this news, Carrie. And, SpencerTheLion...you always come up with really useful links. Thanks, too.
Norway happens to be a country that breeds some of the best Tibetan Spaniels in the world...it's a popular breed in the Scandanavian countries.
Looks like they're pretty good with poodles, too.
Marie

Pam
03-12-2002, 06:15 AM
Oops Carrie I think I referred to this very handsome dog as a girl. :o My apologies to him! His coloring reminded me so of Bella that I lost my head! :rolleyes: Yes poodles are just all around dogs like every other breed. Don't let those fancy cuts fool anyone! I know that when we went to get my Whitney (RB) her mom and dad were show dogs and their ear fur was tied up s to protect it from getting all frazzled and worn, so the owners of these beautiful dogs do have to take some careful steps to preserve their coats and fur. I can imagine a gorgeous dog like that having a fun day in the water or mud. Do you think he'd give Bella a second glance? She'd love to spend a day like that! :D