PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of this? (Need advice)

dogzr#1
09-06-2005, 08:27 PM
What do you think could have made this pawprint? There was only one on the hood of my brother's truck. It couldn't have been drawn on there so we don't know what made it. We live in the city where the only wild animals are coyotes, rabits, and squirrels. All answers will be greatly apreciated:)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Monica_Valdez/Random/Footprint.jpg

dogzr#1
09-06-2005, 08:29 PM
IT IS SOO BIG!! Sorry for the size.:)

dogzr#1
09-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Here is a smaller pic

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/Monica_Valdez/Random/Footprint.jpg

jackie
09-06-2005, 08:42 PM
It looks like a human foot print, just with their toes dragging.

dogzr#1
09-06-2005, 08:47 PM
I thought that to when I first saw it but it would have been hard to balance on one foot on the hood of a truck when it is wet with the morning dew. HMM...

luvofallhorses
09-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I have to ask but what the heck is it? :confused:

jesse_3
09-06-2005, 10:42 PM
It loks like a bear! Obviously, it probably can't, but that is exactly what a bear print loks like in the mud!

Steph and the gang!

dogzr#1
09-07-2005, 07:24 AM
It is a pawprint of something. Sorry the pics isn't all that great but it was already dissapearing because the dew was going away. I don't know; it could be a bear but we don't have any here. thanks for advice:)

IRescue452
09-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Looks like a bear. Just because they aren't native to your area...
I have an upside-down dog pawprint on my wall in my room. There's no way my dogs could have reached that high and definately not upside down. I think there's an alien in my room.

Barbara
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
A sasquatch? Or a yeti?;)

lv4dogs
09-07-2005, 02:40 PM
Is there any scratches?
It looks like a big print, and only one on the hood of a car I'm sure if it was anything with claws it would of left a scratch or 2 or 5. By the size of it it seems as there would be some type of dent too.

It does look a lot like a bear print. But I'm sure if it was you'd find at least one scratch, possibly a dent.

Maybe it is just a fluke. Thats where the wax stuck better & the dew didn't really stick to those spots? Kind of like how you can see designs in clouds?

It is neat no matter what the cause.

sammy101
09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
looks like a Raccoon,since you live in Texas. Looks more like a bear though:p

dogzr#1
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Nope there is no scratches or dents. Hmm good point that it probably would have made a dent since it is only one paw print. It could be the wax stuck better in that area. Or maybe it could be the chupacabra. I don't know if you have heard about it but down here in the texas, mexico border there have been some sightings. The chupacabra means goat sucker in spanish. Hmm it is kinda cool to wonder. Thanks:)

IRescue452- If that happened to me then I would take random pictures of different places of my house to see if any ghostly images come up.

luvofallhorses
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
I didn't mean to sound rude by asking what it was! :o

dogzr#1
09-07-2005, 08:55 PM
You were in no way rude.:)

Uabassoon
09-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Or maybe it could be the chupacabra. I don't know if you have heard about it but down here in the texas, mexico border there have been some sightings. The chupacabra means goat sucker in spanish. Hmm it is kinda cool to wonder. Thanks

I remember the chupacabra! I didn't know that myth was still around! I grew up in Brownsville, maybe about 10 years ago it was such a big deal they would even have news reports about the chupacabra and people were so afraid of it!

It isn't actually a real animal. It's sort of like big foot, people claim to have sighted it, However from what I rememeber it appered to look like some kind of dog/alien/vampire/dinosaur animal. It's never actually been proved to exist.

dogzr#1
09-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Yup it is still going around scaring people. ;) Yea I remember some of those news reports. I lived in brownsville until I was 7 so I can still remember what's going on. I remember reading about one lady who was even attached my one. She said that it comunicated telephathicly (sp?) and told her it wasn't going to kill her. She described it as some monster with big red eyes, wings, big claws and other weird featurers.
She had these three scratches going down her back. Once she went to the doctor they started dissapearing and the next day they were gone. Kinda weird if you ask me.

Corinna
09-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Putting aside the si-fi explaination (I beleive in some of that ) . It looks very much like the black bear print we see here . There are bears in Texas and with the weather and storms you have been having ,they could be changing their migration patterns. Not to scare you but I would be a little more aware of your surroundings until any thing is confirmed or denied.
The weather here has stirred up unusual patterns here also I'm sure you all have heard about the people that were mauled here at the park where I work, thoses petular bears were from another range in the park. Scarcity of food have caused the movemnet in to other bears rangees. I wouldn't leave any foods out side and like I said be aware of things around you. This is just plain good advice for all of us any way.

Uabassoon
09-08-2005, 08:59 AM
Certain parts of Texas do have bears, but a bear would have to hike a really long way to make it down to Harlingen. I grew up in that area and there are no bears around. There are bobcats and coyotes, but I think that's about it.

lv4dogs
09-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Ah the ever famous chupacabra. It might be. lol
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid185/pd38aa8c8ce4b7a939a0ba94d90ee3750/f266f688.jpg

dogzr#1
09-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the input on the bears. I will certainly watch for them and will not be putting food outside. That is kinda scary to think of that there are bears. Yup, usually no bears here unless one from the zoo escaped and traveld 30 miles and left a pawprint on my brothers truck. Thanks for replies:)

That's the chupacabra alright. I wonder what it really looks like. There are alot of different discriptions of it. I saw tha pic on google.

lizbud
09-08-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Barbara
A sasquatch? Or a yeti?;)

That was my guess too.:D