PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat know any tricks?

sweet_stormy
03-10-2002, 02:02 PM
I taught my cats Smokey and Stormy how to sit when they see a cat treat in my hand. I get a treat out of the kitty treat bag and say "Stormy, sit if you want a kitty treat." And she sits. Isn't that cool.:D

Heather Wallace
03-10-2002, 04:54 PM
My 2 boys are quite clever to. When max is hungry you ask him "Give me a kiss", he puts his head to your mouth for you to kiss him.

Tatty knocks on the front door when he wants in.

sweet_stormy
03-10-2002, 06:45 PM
That is ssssssooooooooo adorable. My cat can open the back door of my house by looking at the door for a long period of time and it would open. Now we have to lock the door when we are home.

sasvermont
03-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Miley, my female Aby knows to bring me the can of half full cat food if she is still hungry after being fed dinner. She has done it several times. She brings the can in her mouth, leaving the saran wrap around the can. She will drop it wherever I am - at my feet. Since she started this - I feed her whenever she does it...thus....she knows to keep it up if she's still hungry. Smart kitty, eh? They (Miley and her bro) also bring toys to me that way too, in hope that I will throw the toy so they can run and try to catch it. They retrieve the toys until they get distracted by something else! They are also dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to other things. Guess they specialize!

sweet_stormy
03-10-2002, 07:29 PM
sasvermont that is ssssssooooooooo adorable. I wish my cats did that. But all my cat Stormy does is sleep, eat, use the litter box, drink some water, and cuddle up on my bed to sleep.

tuxluvr
03-11-2002, 05:37 AM
Ritz plays fetch with her fake mousie, chats with us while we make coffee, comes when we call her (most of the time) and knows what "kee kee brush" means. (kitty brush - she loves this and bcomes instantly alert when she knows she is about to be brushed)

Ritz also wants all of you to know that all of this behavior is because SHE chooses to, not because we trained her :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-11-2002, 10:19 AM
tuxluvr, let Ritz know that we understand that she is the one that has trained you, not the other way around. Anyone who believes any different is kidding themselves. ;)

Tubby is so smart that there are way too many things to list that he has learned to do. When I got him his kitty cube to help him jump up on the bed, it only took two practices for him to learn that it's way easier to get on the bed that way than to jump all the way up from the floor. He uses the kitty cube all the time now - such a smart boy.

Peanut on the other hand is even smarter, and has decided she's not doing any dumb tricks for anything. Although she has taught us to give her a treat when she sits on her little pad in the kitchen. Especially her daddy who is totally wrapped around her little paw. :rolleyes: