PDA

View Full Version : Do you drink? If so, what.

slleipnir
09-06-2005, 08:09 PM
Alcohol I mean ;)

I don't drink a lot...but every now and then I like a drink or 2. Right now I'm into Kamora (same as kaluha just about...) and milk

Yum!

Jamieejo85
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't drink a lot either but when I do my three favorite drinks are long island ice teas, cosmopolitans, and tequila sunrise. LOL I hope I don't sound like a boozer:p :)

BitsyNaceyDog
09-06-2005, 08:14 PM
I very rarely drink, but when I do it's a strawberry daiquiri.

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by KBlaix
I very rarely drink, but when I do it's a strawberry daiquiri.

Me too. I love frozen strawberry daiquiri. I also enjoy a glass of wine now and then.

kuhio98
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't drink much either because it gives me headaches and sweet drinks pretty much make me throw up. But, if I do drink, it's tequilla, vodka or champaigne (Brut/extra dry).

slick
09-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Bloody Marys and Richard's slushies. :)

CagneyDog
09-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Tequila.

jackie
09-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Vodka, red wine, or beer.

kimboe
09-06-2005, 08:44 PM
I like to drink white wine and smirnoff ice:p

Lady's Human
09-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I don't really drink much, but when I do it's either Irish coffee (heavy on the Irish, light on the coffee) or GOOD beer (Schlitz and Meisterbrau don't count)

Desert Arabian
09-06-2005, 10:50 PM
I am underage and am not supposed to be drinking, but I have tried peoples drinks here and there. Never have gotten drunk before, don't plan on doing so any time soon! By far my favorite is Jagermeister- plain or with red bull. Vodka comes in second, plain or mixed with raspberry lemonade or orange juice. Miller Light and MGD are two good beers, gotta support the local Milwaukee Brewery! Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss is anoter good one. Mikes Hard Lemonade is also good. Brandy Old Fashion's aren't too bad. Can't beat rum n' coke either or Jack n' coke. I think that is all I have had.

Haven't tried anybodys drink for a *long* time now. :)

cocker_luva
09-06-2005, 10:54 PM
i like some weak drinks like flavored smirnoff, bacardi, mikes. also some hard stuff like JD, scotch whiskey and some absolut.

slleipnir
09-06-2005, 10:56 PM
I like coolers too. Mikes Cranberry..Rockaberry and Bacardi Breezer (orange).Also Mudshakes (strawberry). However, I'm getting sick of them (sad seeing I rarely drink them haha)

I've tried rum and coke and hated it. Tried beer - hated it.

We have good mixed drinks at work though...one called Tropical Popsicle which is 1/2 oz banana liqueur 1/2 oz Malibu Coconut Rum and 1/2 oz of peach schnapps. Mix that with 3/4 cranberry juice and 1/4 pineapple juice. yummy. We have a house special...but I don't remember what's in it -__-

anna_66
09-06-2005, 10:58 PM
I rarely drink, but when I do it's a good frozen Margaria (raspberry being my all time favorite!):D

finn's mom
09-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I don't drink often anymore...but, I love Patron Silver and Jager for shots. I like key lime and apple martinis, malibu and pineapple juice, captain morgan and coke for mixed drinks. I love red wine and an ale called Lindeman's Lambic...raspberry is my favorite. :)

king2005
09-07-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't drink. Its in my nature to get addicted to things & abuse it. I drink far too much pop. & I have discovered the Frozen Hot Chocolate & I've had WAY too much of that, but I still want more & will have more.

grybai
09-07-2005, 01:20 AM
I drink on a fairly regular basis, though I rarely get drunk these days. I'm not a very experienced wine drinker (though I'd like to become one) so usually drink pinot noir. I'm also a big fan of margaritas, but it's rather a popular drink here in southern Arizona.

At the bar, I'll usually get a whiskey sour or if I'm feeling especially girly maybe a midori sour. If I'm hanging out with the guys, though, I'll probably get a Guinness or Fat Tire, though I've recently gotten into Negra Modelo...

Sigh, and I'm not even 21 yet... eeep... :rolleyes:

RICHARD
09-07-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by slick
Bloody Marys and Richard's slushies. :)

lololol, Served on a wooden deck in July?

I love a good drink and good friends.

You end up telling really personal stories, everyone laughs a
tells you personal stuff.

I guess it all depends on the time of year, the time of day and the closest holiday.

Eggnog and rum in july sucks!

Cold beer in January bites!

;)

What ever the host is serving or what I can afford.

;)

cloverfdx
09-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Bundy and Coke, i prefer it to be on tap though ;), i think they are Watermellon Barcardi breezers, Midori (Melon) and Lemonade.

I dont drink much anymore, but dont mind one or two every now and then.

popcornbird
09-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Nope. Never have and never will. ;)

RICHARD
09-07-2005, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by grybai
though I've recently gotten into Negra Modelo...

lololol,

When I go to the store and get some stuff from the butcher, I'l ask him what kinda beer I should drink....

He recommended that.....Isn't that a great beer?

grybai
09-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Isn't that a great beer?

Oh yes, soo good and I'm a bit picky about my beer. :)

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-07-2005, 05:54 AM
I CANNOT drink: even the smallest amount of alcohol is a trigger for a migraine! So I usually call drinks "instant migraines";)
I am so sorry, because I love a glass of good white wine, and Amaretto!:(

Pam
09-07-2005, 06:23 AM
A glass of wine now and then, either red or white - makes no difference. ;) I make a wicked Brandy Alexander pie during the holidays. My co-workers now request it every year. :)

Killearn Kitties
09-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Pam
I make a wicked Brandy Alexander pie during the holidays. My co-workers now request it every year. :)
So where's the recipe????? :D

catnapper
09-07-2005, 07:19 AM
No alcohol whatsoever. Not even mouthwash... unless I wanted to be knocked out with an almost instant migraine/hangover. Alcohol hits me like a ton of bricks.

BitsyNaceyDog
09-07-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
We have good mixed drinks at work though...one called Tropical Popsicle which is 1/2 oz banana liqueur 1/2 oz Malibu Coconut Rum and 1/2 oz of peach schnapps. Mix that with 3/4 cranberry juice and 1/4 pineapple juice. yummy. We have a house special...but I don't remember what's in it -__-

Sounds good. I like the fruity drinks, though there are very few I've tried. I do not like beer at all, yuck! Justin likes Heineken and usually drinks that when he drinks. He hasn't found a domestic beer that he likes.

I've never drink unless I am at home. I've never been drunk or even close. Justin usually doesn't drink unless he's at home either. He has never been drunk, but has been tipsy 2 or 3 times. His cousins bachelor party was one of those times. He said he had a beer and then his cousin (not the one getting married) ordered a round of "wild turkey" for them. Justin then had a second beer. He said half way through the second beer he had to stop because he started to feel it. His cousin laughed and said "yeah, those wild turkeys will sneak up on you". That was all he drank that night.

Samantha Puppy
09-07-2005, 07:37 AM
*sniff* I haven't been able to drink in 5 months! Not that I was a boozer before, but I did enjoy being able to kick back with friends and have a few if I wanted to. Now that I CAN'T drink, I miss it SOOOOO much!

My favorite drinks were basically any conglomeration of the following: fruity, tropical, with a non-existent or low taste of alcohol. Banana daquiris were probably among my favorite frozen drink, with pina coladas a close second. I also love any mixed drink with the combined tastes of banana, coconut and pineapple.

There is a bar in Blacksburg, VA (home of Virginia Tech where my husband went to school) and Lao the bartender will take very good care of you (if you're cute). He knew I hated the strong taste of alcohol, so he'd set me up all night with drinks where I couldn't taste any AT ALL. The Grasshopper was good, but heavy (I can only take so many cream drinks). My favorite, however, was the Sweettart which tasted JUST like the candy. Ohhhh man. Blue Motorcycles were good but put you flat on your @$$ after a few (they're basically Long Island Iced Teas with blue curacao).

Oh man!!! Thanks a lot for this thread, now you've all got me craving my fun drinks!!!! *sniff*

109 days to go...

slleipnir
09-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Haha, sorry about that.

I've never been drunk myself. And I never drank before I was 19 (drinking age here) even though all my friends did it...I'm such a goodie goodie..-__--' My dad thinks I'm too young though I think ;) Says he's concerned.....like I'm gonna go get drunk or do soemthing stupid...which I have no plans for. I just like a nice drink after working all night or if I'm hanging out with people at a party or something

LKPike
09-07-2005, 08:16 AM
vodka, smirnoff

Pawsitive Thinking
09-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Anything and everything (hic!) ;)

luvofallhorses
09-07-2005, 10:52 AM
I am underage as well and not supposed to be drinking. I drink occasionally if that. So, it's very rare that I do it. I have tried Apple Pucker, Kahlua and Cream, those chocolate balls filled with kahlua and cream, mike's hard lemon-aide, beer(GROSS), vodka(gross again), rum(another gross one).....but I hardly ever drink and I don't wanna kill my liver.

wolf_Q
09-07-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't drink alcohol.

binka_nugget
09-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't drink much but I love Vodka and those coolers from the grocery store (there's .5% of alcohol or something like that. It just tastes like juice and 7-up). Rum and coke is okay.. not my favorite. I hate beer though. Blech

beeniesmom
09-07-2005, 12:50 PM
I'll have a glass of red wine every once in a while.... maybe twice a month if that. I'm not a fan of liquors. I like a good beer occasionally, preferably a RED one! YUM!

EssTer
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I dont drik often eitheir..but my favourite alcholhol drink is Passoa mixed with fruit juice (it´s mixed 50:50)..you dont feel the alchohol taste at all...

k9krazee
09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm underage but I do enjoy Mikes hard Lemonade and Wine Coolers. Beer is just plain NASTY! I shared a Hawaiian Daquiri with my Aunt last weekend and it was perty good!! Alcoholism runs in my family though and I don't want to be one of them someday!

Anita Cholaine
09-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I'm underage, but I think I'll never drink too much. Just a very little of champagne at parties. It's horrible to see my friends and people of my age dying for a beer, and then vomiting and with headaches...they don't know how much damage they are doing to themselves.......

CountryWolf07
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't drink much either - I like Mike's Hard Lemonades, Strawberry Darquis, Margaritas, any fruity drinks, I also like the Cruzan Rum, I tried Bud Light once - not bad. I don't like Coke w/ rum or Pina Coladas..

gini
09-07-2005, 03:47 PM
No, I don't drink either!

(liar, liar, pants on fire)

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 04:36 PM
hmmm, I've never had a sip and I absolutelyhave no idea what all ofyou're talking except pineapples. :D

well, I love a biiig chilled glass of virgin pina colada! & Gina Temple (homemade, started from Shirley Temple). ;)

(shirley temple contains only 7-UP & cherry syrup)

Cincy'sMom
09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Although I have tried many, many different drinks, and drink often (during the summer mostly) I don't drink a lot of volume. Rarely do I have more then one or two drinks and that will be over the course of an evening with friends. Beer is generally my default drink, but if we are at a "bar" (the bar at Applebee's or Fricker's) my current drink of choice is Cherry Bomb...Cherry vodka with Red Bull.

neko1
09-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I love rum and coke!!! I think I'll have one now;)

AllAmericanPUP
09-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Never have and never will....i hate alcohol

poofy
09-07-2005, 05:31 PM
HEE HEE HEE
lol..lol..lol..I drink, and I drink a lot....of Diet Coke..lol..lol..:) sorry couldnt help my self..lol.PJ

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Gina's Ark Inc.
hmmm, I've never had a sip and I absolutelyhave no idea what all ofyou're talking except pineapples. :D

well, I love a biiig chilled glass of virgin pina colada! & Gina Temple (homemade, started from Shirley Temple). ;)

(shirley temple contains only 7-UP & cherry syrup)

Actually Gina a Shirley Temple is Ginger Ale and Grenadine. :p

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
posted by kittycats_delight
Actually Gina a Shirley Temple is Ginger Ale and Grenadine. :p

yeah, they use ginger ale sometimes but 7-UP gives more "aah"! :D grenadine is a better word, thanks! :) "cherry syrup" was what the waiter/waitresses always write. :rolleyes: :p

slick
09-07-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by gini
**slaps hand over mouth**
Muhdflld jasdklmmei eyeeeee

:D :D

joycenalex
09-07-2005, 07:53 PM
back before my surgery, i'd drink a fosters' ("australian for beer")after i cut the grass...gotta replace those fluids after sweating right? or with pizza, inow i'll drink a minosa, maybe 3 times a year. and always champaign before i fly, mainly to calm me down a bit

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-07-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Nope. Never have and never will. ;)

Ditto. :D

Glacier
09-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I enjoy a good tequila--the kind Mexicans drink, not that Cuervo junk they sell in bars. Good tequila needs no salt or lime.

Stuart says I am a beer snob. :rolleyes: I don't like mass market beer, but I love some of the stuff from microbrewries. Our local brewer, Yukon Breweries, makes a Cranberry Ale that is delicious!

Logan
09-07-2005, 10:31 PM
If it makes anyone of the "underage" drinkers feel better, sometimes doing nothing is better. I am old enough to have made it through the raising of the drinking age in SC without being affected, but my husband said he had like one year, for several years, where he could drink beer and wine, until all were brought to age 21. I am past him!

I am not a liquor drinker. A fruity drink, like a daiquiri or a margarita, periodically, maybe (certainly not while I am dieting like I am right now). The only beer that tastes good to me is the one that is extremely cold when I am extremely hot, and I prefer white wine (Chardonnay) more than any, but don't drink much these days. I'm dieting.....alcohol is a big no no. The weight loss is worth it to me. 14 pounds and counting.

Logan

RICHARD
09-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by gini

Time to call the Fire Department.

:eek:

Head over to the Dog House.....they 'drink' like fish over there.:D

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-08-2005, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
No alcohol whatsoever. Not even mouthwash... unless I wanted to be knocked out with an almost instant migraine/hangover. Alcohol hits me like a ton of bricks.

He he, I am glad I am not the only one...:D

crsvstang
09-08-2005, 01:18 PM
If I am at home I like to have a beer, my favorite is the Bud Weiser Select. I also like a dark liquor mixed with coke or sprite, and I also like those Smirnoff Ice Blacks.

If we are out at a resturant I like a nice fruity frozen drink like a Strawberry Daiquiri or a Long Island Ice Tea.

Pam
09-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
So where's the recipe????? :D

Here it is. It makes my mouth water just typing it! :p

Brandy Alexander Pie
32 large or 3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup of milk
1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
1/4 cup dark creme de cacao
3 tablespoons brandy

Melt marshmallows with milk over low heat, stirring constantly. Chill until slightly thickened.

In chilled bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff. Stir marshmallow mixture to blend and gradually stir in creme de cacao and brandy.

Fold above mixture into whipped cream.

Pour into graham cracker or chocolate pie crust.
Chill at least 4 hours

YUM!

gemini9961
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
I don't drink often but if I do I like to try new drinks. My favs are Malibu Rum and Coke, Pineapple Juice and Malibu and a well made Long Island Iced Tea is great. Rum is my favorite and if it has it in it, then I am bound to like it. Coconut Rum like Malibu is soooo good. Parrot Bay can be substituted if need be.

K9karen
09-09-2005, 12:00 AM
I have my own Happy Hour every night. White Zinfadel or white wine. Sometimes anything with vodka (Gray Goose or Skye) or Margaritas. But not all at the same time, tho sometimes I sure feel like it! :p Never red wine or champagne..instant migrane. I learned how to do shooters in New Orleans. :( Just acquired a taste for beer if that's all I'm offered. Other than that, in case you think I'm an alchy..Diet Pepsi of any kind, coffee or lemonade.

Mad Mags Moo
09-09-2005, 05:25 AM
Don't drink anymore....makes me ill:( Also Diabetes and alcohol do not mix.....i get everyone else's hangovers though!!!! If i do have the occasional drink it will be either Peach Snapps, Midori or a Sloe Gin but that is only very very occasionally...like at Christmas or New Year:)

lbaker
09-09-2005, 07:23 AM
Richard's slushies, white wine or ice cold beer or a nice Bloody can really hit the spot. No dark liquor for me please. I do enjoy sitting on a deck over the water on a summer morning and sipping a mimosa, but how often do I get a chance to do that? Actually I try to have the fixings for mimosas on New Year's Day (fresh squeezed OJ only) :cool:

edit here: how could I forget Slicks Baileys :confused: YUM! :D

CathyBogart
09-09-2005, 01:09 PM
I have a beer maybe once every two weeks, and a margarita about as often. I probably "really" drink once every...oh, six months or so. My favorite drink is a good Mojito, but I only have them occasionally.

Oh, and around Christmas time...a splach of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum in some hot eggnog....YUM!!

lvpets2002
09-09-2005, 01:28 PM
:cool: If I drink I only do it at home.. DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE
I do like rum light & diet coke or long island tea or margaritas

CathyBogart
09-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by lvpets2002
:cool: If I drink I only do it at home.. DO NOT DRINK & DRIVE

I'm almost always the designated driver when I go out with friends. Gets me out of acting stupid, which is good, but babysitting everyone else is a chore. :rolleyes: :)

molucass
09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
My newest drink of choice is vodka mixed with orange juice and cranberry juice.

Cookiebaker
09-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Nope, I don't drink alcohol. I'm kinda scared of it though I'm not sure why. Like one night we were seated in the bar area of Applebees, and I wigged out inside and had the waitress move us. I just don't like being in a bar. :rolleyes: :confused:

CathyBogart
09-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Cookiebaker: I used to be exactly the same way, I HATED to be around anything alcohol-related and tended to freak if I found a beer in our fridge, much less sat down in a bar!

My current BF managed to cure me of that, but I couldn't really tell you how he did it.

Jamieejo85
09-09-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm going out tonight to a club..might have to try a few of the drinks you PTers posted..lol just kidding!
Jamie