PDA

View Full Version : *UPDATE* Lilith back to see the whitecoats

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Well guys my celebration for her recovery was premature. Lilith is far from well. She is back to the heavy breathing, not eating, not drinking, and no litter box use. She went back today to see the vet and was give another steriod shot and some more fluids. The vet said that it could be one of 2 things. Either respiratory or heart failure. Can someone tell me how a 18 month old cat enters heart failure? Hubby and I are devasted. I was given Clavamox for her and prednesone. She is to be on prednesone for 10 days and clavamox for 10 days. She goes back tomorrow for a chest x-ray. The vet did not want to stress her more than she already was so once the steroid shot and the antibiotic kicks in and settles her then it's x-ray time. I don't know what else to say. Hold my baby girl close and keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Let's hope this is something we can treat. I don't want to lose her she is too young and I love her soooo much. Thank you.

Michelle & Lilith

Barbara
09-06-2005, 02:58 PM
I am so sorry. It looks as if heart problems can arise early. I hope nevertheless that it is something the Clavamox and prednisone can cure.

Paws and fingers crossed for Lilith.

Donnaj4962
09-06-2005, 03:01 PM
I am so sorry to hear of Lilith. I will say my prayers that she gets better soon. Poor little girl, and poor Meowmie also. I know it is stressful to have a sick furrbaby.

Fingers and paws crossed for good news soon.

furrykidsmother
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Michelle, my heart just dropped reading this. Lets hope that it is nothing serious. She is way to young and much to loved to having anything like that happen. We hope that it is something easily treatable! Lots of good thoughts, prayers and hugs heading your way.

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 03:06 PM
oh no.. :( I'm sad to hear this! I know how muccch this heart cat means to you.

of course, she (and you all) definitely are already in my thoughts for good/better treatment & news next! (please god!)

I'm so sorry, this really sucks especially you're gonna move somewhere else this soon - crap.

well, I don't have sandpapered tongue but my cats do and there's plenty of them here! *meowing, sending sandpaperkisses right away!* where we hope lilith can hear us!! :D

and (((hugs))) - I'm squeezing you hard! (not too hard to make you into an ant!) ;) take care, michelle.

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 03:12 PM
and of course, have lilith come in here, tell us how she's doing. I pray so hard it will never result to a heart failure. I can't imagine for this, your little girl. :confused:

hugs again!

Lobodeb
09-06-2005, 03:13 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this!

Please know that me, Sammy, Payton (and even Maggy) are saying prayers for Lilith.

Get better soon!

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Prayers on the way for sweet Lilith

petslover
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
I am so sorry about Lilith. Prayers on the way.

JenBKR
09-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Poor kitty! She is so young! *Hugs* my thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious Lilith

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
thanks sooo much everyone. Hubby is taking this very hard. Lilith is the first animal of any kind he has really had a bond with. I spent about 30 minutes earlier trying to comfort him. He cried so much it broke my heart. I do my crying alone. I had a little crying spell at the vet office when I was first told and now while I reading and typing this I am having another. I hope that steroid kicks in soon and gives her some comfort and calms her.

Thank you all again. I will update later with a progress report.

Michelle

Craftlady
09-06-2005, 04:07 PM
We will keep good thoughts and prayers here at our house.
Hopefully the medications will start working soon. It's so hard to see our fur babies sick. Only thing I could think of when your vet mentioned heart problems, is that maybe she had a defect since birth that is just now showing ifself?

prechrswife
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this news...:(

luvofallhorses
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
Oh my gosh, Michelle. :( I can't even find the right words what to say. :( I am so so so so so sorry! :( This can't be happening to your little girl. :( (((((MICHELLE AND LILITH))))) I will hope and pray with all my heart that she is going to be well, she has to be. Come on Lilith please be strong. Please keep us updated on her health, Michelle.

chocolatepuppy
09-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Prayers headed Liliths way.

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Please light a candle for Lilith and say a prayer. http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm
To search for our candle enter the initials M.S.

This (http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?id=863849&p=4375&l=ENG&s=f&cid=863849) is our candle for Lilith.

Lobodeb
09-06-2005, 04:46 PM
I just lit one for her.

orangemm
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
I just lit a candle for Lilith. I am so very sorry to hear about her. Seems so unfair for such a young cat.

all of us will pray for her recovery and health.

Hugs and gentle scritches..............

CalliesMom
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Oh God. I am so so sorry. Prayers are on their way and I truly hope the vet is able to find out that it is not as serious. :(

luvofallhorses
09-06-2005, 04:58 PM
I just lit one for her, too.

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Thank you guys sooo much. You don't know what it means to me. (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) Thank you all for being so caring and kind. Your support means more than you will ever know.

catnapper
09-06-2005, 05:52 PM
Oh Michelle, I am SOOOO sorry to hear this. How heartbreaking. I'll say a few prayers extra for her tonight

(((HUGS)))

NoahsMommy
09-06-2005, 05:59 PM
((((((((((hugs))))))))

and lots of LOVE: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

To you all.

I just lit one for her as well...and I'll keep you all in my prayers.

I'm so sorry sweetie, this has to be so hard for you.

Hugs,
Kelly

doolittleky
09-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Michelle,
I am thinking about you and Lilith and the rest of your family. I know how very hard it is when one of your babies is so sick and there isn't anything you can do to make them all better no matter how much you want to. i will be praying for lilith to have a complete recovery.

catmandu
09-06-2005, 06:29 PM
WE ARE PRAYING,FOR YOUR DEAR LILITH.I HAD A LITTLE CAT,BUSTER,THE TUXEDO,BUSTER KITTEN,AND HE WENT SUDDENLY,AT TWO,AND A HALF,AND DR MCKENZIE,SAID,THAT IT WAS PROBABLY,A BIRTH DEFECT.
WE ARE PRAYING,AS HARD,AS WE CAN,FOR LILITH,THAT HER YOUTH,WILL PULL HER,THROUGH THIS ORDEAL.IN THE NAME,OF OUR LORD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture720.jpg

furrykidsmother
09-06-2005, 07:17 PM
I lit a candle for Lilith too. Michelle, you have been such a wonderful addition to PT and your girls pictures have brightened our days many times as have all your responses. You brighten our days will all your beautiful siggies and avatars and art work, I hope and pray that all will be well and that it is something easily treatable. Please keep us posted. Continued good thoughts and prayers to you, Lilith, Guido and Vixen. We love you and we are here pulling for all of you!! Keep the faith!! Please PM me if there is anything I can do or if you need a shoulder to cry or lean on.

(((hugs)))
Amanda

momcat
09-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Another candle lit, many more prayers are being prayed. Groucho sends you comforting purrs and kitty kisses. Lilith, get better very soon!

dab_20
09-06-2005, 08:49 PM
that is soooo sad!! Lilith is such a pretty baby!! you and lilith are in my prayers! ((((((HUGS))))))

GET BETTER LILITH!!

dab_20
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
i lit one.

kittycats_delight
09-06-2005, 09:23 PM
Thank you so much. Lilith was just given her first clavamox. She wasn't impressed and was very stressed about it and still is. She doesn't like being pilled. We used a pill popper but she was still difficult to pill. She has been panting ever since we pilled her about 15 minutes ago. I just hope this stuff starts to work and make her feel better. Your thoughs and prayers are greatly appreciated and an extra thank you for those of you who lit candles for her and left a little prayer.

Amanda I will PM you if I can stay focused long enough to do so.

I just can't get my head around this. It's hard enough having to deal with her being ill and not knowing what to do for her or if there is anything we can do for her. I just want to know what exactly it is and start getting her treated. She doesn't deserve to suffer like this. I hate feeling so helpless and not being able to take away her all that makes her feel bad. Hubby is still having a very difficult time with this and it makes it that much harder to see him in so much distress over her. Please just find out what it wrong with her so we can make it better. Thank you all again for listening and caring.

Michelle & Lilith

AlleyCat
09-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I missed this thread before. I am so sorry to hear about Lilith - I'll pray that she'll pull through this!

slick
09-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Dear Michelle,
I've just lit a candle for you and Lilith. You know, Pet Talk prayers do work and miracles can happen and this will be no exception.

Big {{{hugs}}} to you from Canada.

wolf_Q
09-06-2005, 11:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Lilith. :( I hope you will be able to find out what's going on for sure and she can be helped. {{hugs to you and sweet Lilith}}

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Michelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Lilith.:( Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way. Please take care. I'll go light a candle for her now.

jenluckenbach
09-07-2005, 05:05 AM
I was off line almost ALL of yesterday and missed this. Adding my prayers to Lilith. and a few {{{{{HUGS}}}}} as well.

smokey the elder
09-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Poor Lilith! Has she had an echo (Heart ultrasound?) We've had cats in our rescue with similar symptoms. I hope Lilith feels better.

kittycats_delight
09-07-2005, 08:32 AM
I have made a new thread with Lilith's update for this morning. I will also update later today in the same thread. Tomorrow I will make a new one for that day. Here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88027) is her update for todat september 7th.