PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Dogs

elizabethann
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Seeing the cute picture of Fritz snoozing, I have to ask everybody....does your dog sleep with its eyes open???

I swear Fenway does sometimes. It creeps me out! How can he do that??

Is Fenway the only dog who sleeps with his eyes open?

Please reply...I'm curious!

:)

anna_66
09-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by elizabethann
Is Fenway the only dog who sleeps with his eyes open?

Definatly not! Bon does it quite a bit.

JenBKR
09-06-2005, 03:50 PM
OK, thank you for posting this...I have to say that I think that Roscoe does this too, only for a while I didn't know that he was sleeping. Then I realized that he was probably sleeping with his eyes open, which kinda creeped me out a little. It looks pretty strange. I thought he was depressed or something at first! I feel better knowing that other dogs do this too.

IRescue452
09-06-2005, 06:53 PM
I sleep with my eyes open. Autumn doesn't.

buttercup132
09-06-2005, 07:25 PM
i herd dogs never actually fall into a deep sleep like we do like they are always alert and stuff...but im not sur eif thats true im pritty sure you cant snore while your awake and dream like my dog dose lol

sammy101
09-06-2005, 07:29 PM
My two get into deep sleeps all the time,especially kodie. Kodie sleeps with his eyes half-open.:p

Vette
09-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Dogs do fall into a deep sleep though. the Dacshund my dad used to have.. he used to fall into such a deep sleep,, that you could pick him up and lay him in his bed without waking him.

ive managed to do this a few times with Kirby as well. but very rare. usually the slightest move i make wakes him. and he does sometimes sleep with his eyes open.

jesse_3
09-06-2005, 09:46 PM
OHH! This reminded me if something REALLY gross! Have you ever opened the eyelids of a your dogs when they are sleeping? It is sooooooo scary!

Anyways, back to this subject, Jesse has never slept with her eyes open as far as I know.....

Steph and the gang!

Giselle
09-06-2005, 11:39 PM
I remember reading about wolves and they mentioned that they sleep almost literally with one eye open and one eye closed. They said that even when the wolves are in a seemingly deep sleep, their minds remain quite alert. Giselle sure seemed to have read that bit. Even when she's chasing her dream bunny, her eyes will flick alive at the slightest disturbance within a 10 ft range of her. That's why I rarely get good dreaming pictures of her.:rolleyes:

wolf_Q
09-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Nebo often sleeps with his eyelids cracked open and his third eyelid covering his eye. It looks rather gross. I haven't noticed Reggie or Sydney doing that.

Almita
09-07-2005, 12:44 AM
I don't really know because if I move or something they wake up unless muneca is dreaming like moving her legs which she is slaping me or squealing in her dream I always have to wake her up but I never see her eyes open. So I'm not sure to be exact.