PDA

View Full Version : ***URGENT! PLEASE READ ASAP!!!*** Warning-graphic photos

luckies4me
09-06-2005, 01:27 AM
This is a serious situation. I cannot hold back tears as I type this. This little one has taken up such a huge part of my heart already. :( :( :( Stumpy needs your help! Two days ago Stumpy was brought to me at work, with a severe infection in his left back foot, and the right back foot having only part of it left. The left foot was so bad that maggots had started to eat the flesh away. We are still fighting off the maggots. Stumpy is recieving Ketoprofine injections four times a day, as well as subcue fluids to keep him hydrated. He was SEVERELY anemic. When I bathed him yesterday (bathing was neccessary in this emergency situation because the flea infestation was very severe) the water was literally blood. I got most of the fleas off last night and we got more off today at work. We are rinsing the left leg out with a curved pipette syringe trying to flush out the maggots. They are growing bigger and bigger and it seems as if the whole leg is just a maggot filled lump. We weren't certain but after having just looked at his leg again I now know. We are stearing clear of pain medication due to it causing depression and the poor guy is already depressed as it is. If his depression becomes severe he will die. :(

I am also rinsing his wound twice a day with Chlorhexydine solution to fight off infection. Stumpy will need BOTH of his back legs amputated. His left leg will be taken at the hip and the right leg we will "clean" up, so he is left with a little bit of a foot so he can get along well with three legs and use that back one for support. At this time he is eating and drinking well for me. He is purring when stroked, batting at my hair and pulling at my heartstrings more than any other rescue of mine has. This little guy has fight!!! Please help save him!

It saddens me so much....this is so hard for me. I cannot stop crying. Please people SPAY AND NEUTER your pets! If you do we can avoid situations like this from happening, and this little kitten would have never been born, or would have been born into the home of a responsible breeder. This little boy will never have the chance to run around like other kittens due. He will never have the chance to pounce on his mother's face after feeding and annoy her. He will be my little hopper if he lives.

PLEASE SAY A PRAYER FOR STUMPY. HE NEEDS ALL THE PRAYERS HE CAN GET. PRAYER THAT HE CONTINUES TO GAIN STRENGTH, THAT WE CAN GET HIS INFECTION UNDER CONTROL AND RAISE ENOUGH MONEY TO GET HIS LEGS AMPUTATED AND SAVE HIS LIFE. PRAY THAT HE DOESN'T GO SEPTIC AND HIS LIFE END ABRUPTLY. I HAVE HOPE FOR THIS LITTLE ONE AND GOD IS TELLING ME TO TRY FOR HIM. I CAN FEEL IT IN MY HEART AND SEE IT IN HIS EYES. HE WANTS TO LIVE!

Please everyone, I know that people are donating already for Katrina, but if you can find it in your heart to help my little one please do so. You can reach me at home at 541-747-9537 or at Banfield Animal Hospital (my work) at 541-342-5227. Ask for Cassandra. We can take cash, checks made payable to Banfield, or you can even pay over the phone with credit card.

I am trying to raise enough money to get this little one the help he so desperately needs. No one else would have given him the chance. The Humane Society and Animal Regulation would have euthanized him immediately! He has fight. We even nicknamed him Rocky.

My vet bill already is around $200 for his daily treatments with antibiotic injections and fluids, and I cann't imagine the cost of the surgery. I get a discount thankfully which helps. Most of you here know I do rescue work and I have spent close to a grand already this month and last vaccinating, treating illnesses, and over care for the rescues I take. Unfortunately I cannot afford to do this on my own, which is why I am asking for your help. Please please please help us! I am 100% sure that Stumpy would appreciate it. I cannot bare the thought of seeing his maggot filled leg any longer, watching those very sad eyes look deep into my heart and beg for his life. :( Tears, tears. I have cried so many tears over this little one. Please help us. I will attach a few photos of him in my next post. Please if you are squeamish I suggest scrolling down fast as to avoid seeing the photos.

luckies4me
09-06-2005, 01:43 AM
Also, I can fax out copies of the estimate for the surgery to anyone who wants to see it as well as the charges for his current treatment. Here are his photos.

Look at this face. How can you deny that?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/rocky.jpg

Picture of the bad leg.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/rockysleg.jpg

Being a little trooper during bathtime.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/cuteface.jpg

Red tears. :(

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/redtear.jpg

NoahsMommy
09-06-2005, 01:55 AM
Oh Cass...I WISH like hell I had a job. I'd donate in a second. But, with my current situation, I can't. :(

I'll pray hard for this little guy. He's truly lucky he has you. I just know he'll be OK with you're love...and PT miracle prayers.

Lots of hugs,
Kelly

QueenScoopalot
09-06-2005, 07:04 AM
Cass my heart is breaking for that poor infant kitty. Being a rescuer/ foster home myself, there is no $$$ to help with bills, but I am sending multiple prayers for the kitten. :( Maggots can really do a number on kitties (fleas too). I hope he can be built up enough to withstand the surgery. :( You may want to contact http://www.imom.org/ to see if they can help financially. Keep us posted, and many prayers for the tiny guy.

rosethecopycat
09-06-2005, 07:42 AM
Please give the mailing address for donations.

Heartbreaking.:(

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
Any way of donating online? cheque would take too long to arrive

Lobodeb
09-06-2005, 10:25 AM
Do you have a Paypal account that we can send money to? Poor little guy! :(

catmandu
09-06-2005, 12:49 PM
WE ARE PRAYING,FOR ROCKY,BUT VET BILLS,ARE COMING UP,FOR ME,AND MY OWN RESCUE FOR4ANGELS,IS LOOKING,AS THOUGH,HE HAS SOME HEALTH CONCERNS,TOO.
PRAYING,FOR LITTLE ROCKY,TO PULL THROUGH,GARY,AND THE FOUND CATS.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos519.jpg

luckies4me
09-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by rosethecopycat
Please give the mailing address for donations.

Heartbreaking.:(

For now I am going to wait on donations. Rocky doesn't look so well this morning and this may be his last day. :( I will update when I get home.

If you need the mailing address you can call me at work. I don't know it off hand.

541-747-9537

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 01:37 PM
OH MY GOSH.. please don't let it be his last day!

sorry I couldn't donate right now but praying harrrd for this little fellow's luck!! I'm SO sorry. :(

please let us know how he's doing.. I'll be checking back in -

:( hugs,
..gina

doolittleky
09-06-2005, 02:49 PM
what a doll, I am praying that that poor baby has the strength to make it. here is another link that you might get fianancial help with vet bill

http://www.ears.org/lifeline/index.htmls from.

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Praying hard for little Rocky...I hope he makes it through!!

I wish I knew what else to say :(

rosethecopycat
09-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Lighting a candle as a vigil for Rocky.
If it's meant to be, I will be there to help you.
If it's not meant to be, just love him all you can and he will know he's loved.

CalliesMom
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
:( I don't have anything to give but my prayers. How is he doing?

NoahsMommy
09-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Oh sweet Rocky...be strong little one. This world needs and wants you.

Lots of prayers being sent.

emily_the_spoiled
09-07-2005, 12:35 PM
Is there any update??? When I phoned and made a donation yesterday luckies4me said that Stumpy was doing better than in the morning.

BTW, can we please think of another name for this poor guy??

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 07:39 PM
checking in.. anything? :(

new name.. hmm good idea...

CagneyDog
09-07-2005, 09:35 PM
OMG :( Lots&lots of prayers coming for him.

Stay strong Rocky!

NoahsMommy
09-07-2005, 10:30 PM
She named him Rocky. :)

Cass...how's the little guy doing tonight? Any better??

Continued prayers....

(((Hugs)))

Accord
09-09-2005, 10:24 AM
We the JETs and the Pets are sending prayers, love, courage, and strength to that little one, Rocky. We pray he gets through this.
Sending Tonz of Love-
J5, Emily, Tazsie, Thomas O'Malley, Buggy, Hunny Bear and Lucky

emily_the_spoiled
09-11-2005, 03:15 PM
Cassandra, is there any news on the little fellow????

Accord
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
The Long silent... isn't good... Or shes probably busy fighting for that little furrykid's life. Lets power up the prayers!

Accord
09-12-2005, 12:37 PM
HipRelay: HRS CA1144F DIALING 541-747-9537...
HipRelay: RING 1
HipRelay: RING 2
HipRelay: RING 3
HipRelay: hello(f)(sounds polite)
HipRelay: yeah yep ga
AccordGirl1983: Hi I was wondering if you can give me an update on a black kitten, by the name of Rocky please. I think the handler is Cassandra. Please and thank you ga
HipRelay: ok the kitten we had to euthanized
HipRelay: because it was going blind in both of its eyes
HipRelay: ga
AccordGirl1983: And the maggot was spreading too
AccordGirl1983: isn't that right? ga
HipRelay: we actually got
HipRelay: all of the maggots out of THE legs, actually then umm the
HipRelay: infection w as getting under control but then the kitten went
HipRelay: blind over night we just decided
HipRelay: it was better for the kitten
HipRelay: to be euthanized because its polarized would not have been good
HipRelay: ga
AccordGirl1983: Aww, poor Rocky...
AccordGirl1983: I wonder how Cassandra is handling that... I hope she's ok ga
HipRelay: umm ok (ha)( you can tell her im fine and you can tell
HipRelay: tell her that i will update the forum today before
HipRelay: i go to work ga
AccordGirl1983: ok, do u want me to put it up for you? ga
HipRelay: tell her yes she can do that ga
AccordGirl1983: ok
HipRelay: because im
HipRelay: super super busy ga
AccordGirl1983: sure no plm
AccordGirl1983: I would be happy to do that.
AccordGirl1983: We miss you and keep your chin up
AccordGirl1983: you did your best, and we are proud
AccordGirl1983: take care ga
HipRelay: tell her thank you (ha) ga
AccordGirl1983: ur welcome
AccordGirl1983: bye ga
HipRelay: just bye ga
AccordGirl1983: good luck
AccordGirl1983: sksk
HipRelay: Thank you for using Hamilton IP Relay.

Kfamr
09-12-2005, 01:02 PM
I don't get that last post. :confused: :confused:

sandragonfly
09-12-2005, 01:06 PM
:( :(

first, thank you accord! I'm glad to hear the update sooner. I was waiting..

what I don't understand was why rocky had to be euthanized just because he can't see? or am I missing something here?

:( don't feel bad if it was to be your choice you had to chose cassandra, but.. what's wrong if he's blind? was it just more than the blindness. :confused: I also am wondering how did you find that rocky went blind overnight? sorry about these questions I asked but this has just upsetted me a little..

I'm very sorry rocky had to go and across the rainbow bridge this so fast & young. at least he is not suffering anymore!! red tears & those maggots were horrible. now may you rest peacefully, rocky..

:( ..gina

furrykidsmother
09-12-2005, 01:13 PM
Kfamr, Accord is deaf. I have just learned about this way of communication. It is relay and that is the transcript of her communication with the place that Cassandra works. Relay because she types what she wants to say and it is relayed via the operator to the person on the other end and when that person responds the information is typed back to Accord.

sandragonfly
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
thank you furrykidsmother, I was going to respond the same thing.

the operator service are for deaf/hard of hearing or people who can't speak.. using the relay can be done via phone, online or even AIM now.

we and the reciever also has to say "GA" as of "go ahead"-"and talk". so we wouldn't mess the operator up when we are talking at the same time.

I miss you already rocky!! :(

Accord
09-12-2005, 01:19 PM
Thank you, I tried my best to explain that to KFamr in PM.. And I tried.. But thats a lot better way to explain then I could. Thanks ;)

Accord
09-12-2005, 01:23 PM
OH I forgot to mention its FREE! here are some websites and some AIM add ons you can use

www.ip-relay.com

AIM/AOL only:
HipRelay
My IP Relay

You can call just about anywhere... It wont cost you money. But sometimes you just have to be a little quick with typing... Always have your numbers ready to go at all times.

Kfamr
09-12-2005, 01:23 PM
Okay, I just didn't understand what "ga" and all of the abbreviations meant. I've also never heard of that type of communication.
Thank you for explaining, Accord. So, the person you were being relayed with was Cass or was it someone who works with her?

Sorry Rocky had to be PTS, Cass. :(

luckies4me
09-12-2005, 01:29 PM
This is why I didn't want to come back and update right now. This has been very very hard on me. I feel like a family member has died. I've been depressed and haven't been able to sleep well the past week. A friend called at work the other day and asked about Rocky and I had to run into the back room and cry. Rocky is no longer with us. I am sorry but having to have BOTH legs amputated, and being blind and going blind in the other eye, that is no quality of life. If you can't walk and you can't see...I am sorry, but I will not make a kitten suffer that way.

Rocky's legs were doing great! In fact, he was even up and trying to walk at my house. :( He had a lot of life still left in him. He was eating great. I was going him his antibiotic shot every four hours, he was also on Amoxidrops and was reciving subcue fluids to help with dehyration. I have never seen such a pitiful looking creature in my life. Just looking at him made you cry.

Then overnight he went blind. Actually it wasn't even overnight. It was in a matter of a few hours. Now, in order for a kitten to go blind this fast he would have to have something terribly wrong with him. My vet was explaining to me that FIP usually attacks the eyes fast, and that is what she thought he had, since the next day his other eye was beginning to cloud. I will post a photo of it. IF this wouldn't have happened, if his eyes would have remained normal than I would have felt better letting him lead his life.

But after what Dr. A told me, and going home and then seeing him decline once again and become very lethargic I did not want him to suffer. I could NOT let him suffer. He had suffered enough and for me to make him life would be completely selfish of me. Dr. A didn't want to do the surgery until he was 8 weeks anyway. At that time we wouldn't have tested him for Leakemia and AIDS, and if he was positive she said she wouldn't do the surgery. The thought of me keeping him alive and him tested positive and doing all that for nothing just really weighed in on me. We were pretty sure he had FIP, and there is no cure for this. He also was having some breathing difficulties. I tried for this little guy, believe me! But, now Rocky is in heaven and chasing butterflies like normal kittens and enjoy running around and being able to see everything around him. I am sure he was greatful so many people cared for him, and that I tried helping him, but I am sure he is much more greatful that I was unselfish and knew when the time was right to let him go.

I can honestly say I have never had a kitten touch me more than little Rocky. He has impacted me in so many ways. More than you could even imagine! I knew the time was right to end his suffering when you could look in his eyes and see his plea for help. You could see the pain in his eyes. He wanted to let go. I think he knew. God, this is so horrible. So so horrible.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/BengalsBuddies/c7afdf20.jpg

You can see his eye, the green one in which he went blind. I do not need anymore justification. I loved this little guy and for that I gave him his freedom.

~Rocky I love you so much. I cry everything I think about you. Not a day will go by in my life where you won't be on my mind. I will be wondering how you are doing at the Rainbow Bridge and I hope I get to see you when I die. I miss you so much. I remember the first time you purred for me. If only for a second, it was one of the most beautiful sounds I ever did hear. The thought of you suffering has made me stronger and has made me more determined to help homeless cats out there, and trap the ones that need to be fixed. Rocky, I never want another cat to suffer the way you did, and I will not be happy until that threat is gone. You have touched me more than you know. I loved you with so much of my heart, even though I had only known you for a short period of time. You will always be with me, and there is always a spot for you here within me. Hopefully your story will help others understand the importance of taking care of their pets, so we can avoid situations like yours in the future. I miss you baby boy, and I love you.
:( :( :(

Accord
09-12-2005, 01:30 PM
As I was told, Yes it was probably Cass... Cause she said that she would post on the Forum later today... but not when.

luckies4me
09-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Sorry Rocky had to be PTS, Cass. :(

Thank you Kay. :(

luckies4me
09-12-2005, 01:35 PM
I am sorry for so many typos, but I am really upset right now. For now, I will stay away from this thread. I will come back when I am ready.

furrykidsmother
09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
I am so sorry about poor Rocky. If he was suffering then he had to be PTS. He is at peace now.

sandragonfly
09-12-2005, 01:46 PM
luckies, hope you'll come back so I'd give you a hug. :(

I now understand, wow.. that was way worst than what I saw. oh cass, I know you could do the best you could, no one would think you as selfish, you have done so, soo much for many, I've seen it! - two amputated legs & can't walk and can't see where he's going must be very, very awful.

I still am upset that things couldn't get better for this little poor black beauty. now you're right, rocky is full of energy, running in his full speed up there in flowers under fresh air, chasing butterflies and resting in peace.. you'll never be forgotten, rocky..never! at least he've gotten a couple more love days from you!!

(((LUCKIES)))
..gina & the sad ark

emily_the_spoiled
09-12-2005, 02:02 PM
When you are ready you will come back and read how much Rocky had touched all of our lives. You made one of the most difficult decisions a guardian ever has to make. You made it with love in your heart. Now Rocky is whole, healthy, and playing at the RB with Gary's Angels and all the others who have gone before us. He is now just waiting for the time when you are re-united and he will purr contently for you again. :( :(

CalliesMom
09-12-2005, 04:02 PM
:( Cass you are a wonderful woman for taking care of this kitten. He had a wonderful life for the time he was with you and I'm sure he will be eternally grateful. He is no longer in pain and I'm sure playing with all the other beautiful kittens at the RB.

orangemm
09-12-2005, 04:53 PM
This is probably one of the saddest things I have ever read about.

Rocky, I am so sorry that your short little life was so horrendous; I can only pray that you are frolicking at the RB and that all your cares are gone.

You did not go unloved or alone. Cass loved you very much and did all she could to alleviate your pain.

Rest easy, little one.

QueenScoopalot
09-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Poor little infant kitty. :( I'm so sorry that any animal or human rescue angel should have to endure such heartache and pain. Rocky is at peace now Cass. Just think...if you hadn't found him and given him a chance....:( RIP tiny boy.

NoahsMommy
09-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Oh Cass, I'm so sorry. :( :( :( ((((((((hugs)))))))))

You did the kindest thing for sweet Rocky. He needed you to help stop the pain and you did. RB is a much better place for that little soul. Now he can be happy and healthy, like he should be.

Hugs, sweetie. I'm so sorry. :(

kb2yjx
09-12-2005, 07:33 PM
BIG prayers for little Rocky!!!

dragonchilde
09-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Rocky will be waiting for you when your time comes, and he will thank you. You did the right thing, no matter how hard it was. Sometimes, the right thing is the hardest thing. You showed just how much strength you had. Thank you for trying so hard for him.

catmandu
09-12-2005, 07:47 PM
ROCKYS WERE WITH US TODAY,AT THE CHINESE BUFFET,YOUR ROCKY KITTEN,AND SHADYS ALMOST 20 YEARS OLD,A HIMALAYAN.
THEY WERE QUITE,THE ODD COUPLE,THOSE ROCKYS,LITTLE ROCKY RACIND AHEAD,TO THE NEXT BIN,SNIFFING,AND EATING,AND OLDER ROCKY,EXPLAINING WHAT THE NEXT TRAY HAD,VERY COMICAL,ACTUALLY.
AND LITTLE ROCKY,DOESNT WANT YOU,TO BE SAD,HE WILL SEE YOU AGAIN,AND HE CAN TELL YOU,ABOUT ALL,HIS ADVENTURES,ONE FINE DAY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture726.jpg

ANGELS,WILL KEEP AN EYE,ON ROCKY,TOO.