PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again

MHMama
08-17-2001, 07:38 PM
I noticed we have a new member ROXY. Well, Roxy is Chantelle and Marllie or whatever name she was using. this is a 12 year old child so please try not to give in to temptation and answer her posts. I just received another private email from her because I didn't recognize her trademark. I also see where she has posted a "I hate cats thread"

carrie
08-17-2001, 07:49 PM
I was tempted to answer, even to ask about her snail as I have about 43 at the moment! But, like you say the worst thing that this immature individual can be given is attention until she has learned some social skills. When we have such fantastic and caring people here from all age groups and have very strongly opinionated debates about subjects that we care passionately about with all of these people, remain friends and do not upset each other on purpose. This is not a good way to get people to notice you or make friends and it is a lesson most kids learn at a much younger age.
Total respect to the cat board for their total and unanimous decision to ignore this person.

Daisy's Mom
08-17-2001, 07:51 PM
I agree, let's just ignore her. I absolutely can not stand people like her. They are the reason there are so many older people who look down on my generation. It's people like her that give people like me a bad rap :(

Rottieluver45
08-17-2001, 07:59 PM
Good Idea!!
I`m mean you would think they would get the idea and just stay away!!

And I thought you had to be 13 to be on this board?!?!?! I don`t know why because People here are so nice!

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: **Rottieluver** ]

zippy-kat
08-17-2001, 09:25 PM
Ok...*blush* I'll admit, I answered her.

NO..I didn't email her and no the post was not tacky...I just simply noted that she had a cat listed as a pet in her profile. Later, I noticed that the whole post had been deleted.

Sorry, guys. :( I promise to ignore them from now on.

OMGosh! I just checked the cat board again. There's another post by her! Did anyone see her other post earlier this morning?

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

MHMama
08-17-2001, 10:03 PM
Zippy-kat,
Don't worry about it. I posted on one of hers until I realized that it was her again with a different name. She emailed me privately again and as always she was very insulting. I went back and deleted my comment to her because she doesn't deserve an answer.

zippy-kat
08-18-2001, 01:12 AM
You know what guys? I just got to thinking about this...

The reply that I sent her: (1) pointed out the fact that she had a cat as a pet listed in her profile and (2) that we were not willing to fight with him/her; if s/he had any doubts to take a look at Mallerie's post 'I don't like dogs.'

Mysteriously the 'cats are stupid and ugly' topic disappeared shortly after my post. I assumed it was Karen or Paul who deleted the topic.

I never dreamed of Roxy being Mallerie. But that would explain why the post disappeared shortly after I replied; afterall, I did direct Roxy (Mallerie) to her own post.

And now there's the new topic up...with no replies. It'd be interesting to see if the topic would disappear again if Mallerie's post were mentioned. But everyone's right, we should just ignore the trouble makers.

Karen
08-18-2001, 03:02 AM
I feel that I must explain what I feel about this sort of thing. When someone posts a deliberately insulting post, with no real point but to offend, as the 'cats are ugly and stupid' post yesterday, I simply feel it does not belong on this board. Mallerie's initial post spoke of her bad experiences with dogs, so that, at least, we could speak to, and perhaps help her with.

A person, by law, must be thirteen to register, UNLESS they have a parent's permission. So a small child CAN post, but no one here should be rude or insulting, despite their age or lack thereof. Enough said?

Eudora
08-18-2001, 03:09 AM
Can someone please fill me in on what was going on?
Thank you!

Karen
08-18-2001, 03:12 AM
Eudora - someone new was just posting insults about cats. I rarely have to take such drastic measures, but I deleted her posts. This is not the place for that kind of behavior.

Rottieluver45
08-18-2001, 08:12 AM
Karen can`t you like push a button and block out her posts?

Logan
08-18-2001, 12:26 PM
Karen, I applaud you for taking the action you did. http://www.plauder-smilies.de/party/yelclap.gif

Most of use love this site because of the mature, pet loving individuals who post here. They can be young or older, but if they love their pets, this can be "home" to them too! No room for http://www.plauder-smilies.de/krach.gif
argumentative people on this site!

Thanks again for taking the appropriate step as the moderator of the site.

Logan :)