PDA

View Full Version : Greenies for Kitties...

AmberLee
09-05-2005, 12:57 AM
These new treats are finally available in stores in the southern S. F. Bay area. I bought some of the chicken flavored one and Cassy and Livvy give them an enthusiastic 8 paws up. (Now let's hope I didn't jinx this review by crassly posting about it!) :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

kittycats_delight
09-05-2005, 01:04 AM
we can't get them here yet so we have not tried them.

NoahsMommy
09-05-2005, 01:46 AM
My friend, CiCi's cats didn't like them, so she gave me packages to try. My cats like them...except for Phoebe.

I gave Karen a package to see if her boys like them too. :)

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2005, 02:28 AM
AmberLee gave me a few to try out on my furkids. All of them liked them except for Storm and Starr which is very interesting because Storm usually loves treats and Starr will practically eat anything. I had just fed them all so maybe they just weren't hungry enough. I'm definitely going to buy some in the future.:) Thanks AmberLee.:D

G535
09-05-2005, 02:30 AM
What are they? If they're something new it might be years before we see them in Australia.

CalliesMom
09-05-2005, 09:29 AM
Callie is the only one in the house that doesn't like the greenies. She's strange and prefers human food. :rolleyes:

dab_20
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
my vet recommended Greenies for my puppy. i didn't know they had them for cats though. i might buy some for oreo.

catnapper
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
I saw them at Perco yesetrday... YIKES they are EXPENSIVE! I ordered a sample bag online from greenies themselves. I'll try that and hopefilly it'll come with a nice coupon. Outside that, I won't buy them. Too rich for my wallet.

Randi
09-05-2005, 12:12 PM
I have no idea what they are, but next time I'm in USA I'll get some. ;) Fister does like boiled corn, olives stuffed with anchovies and the occasioally green bean. :D

Who makes them?

AmberLee
09-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I've got the sack in front of me. The stores here carried either 4 or 5 flavors. I picked 'chicken' flavor for the kids... Cassy doesn't like tuna (gasp!) and I don't think Livvy does, either.

"Feline Greenies (r): The original green smart-treat" Cleans teeth, freshens breath. They are made by S&M NuTec in North Kansas City, Mo. Their website is

www.greenies.com (http://www.greenies.com)

Hmmm, the 3 oz pouch I bought was about $4 or so. I was so excited about finding them, I didn't do a per pound estimate. Dang, I could buy lobster cheaper... But the kids like them and they are healthy for them...

lvpets2002
09-05-2005, 01:20 PM
:D Oh yes my girls love them & now that Petsmart got them my girls make sure they are on the weekly groc. list..

luvofallhorses
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
We haven't tried them yet.

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2005, 04:41 PM
AmberLee, thanks for the link. I sent a few referrals to friends so they can also receive some free samples and I'll get more coupons.:)

sandragonfly
09-06-2005, 02:05 PM
I haven't tried them on mine yet.. but I'll bet about half of my ark will love them! :)

I wish somebody would send everyone of us a bucketful of free greenies.. I can't believe it's $2.079 for just a piece. well that's for a dog but still. :eek:

manda_moo87
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure my girls would love them.

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Well, I requested my free sample and they said it should arrive in 3-4 weeks :p Looks like my trio will have to wait for a while, as I haven't seen them for sale here yet. I'll be sure to let the furkids give a full review when they do arrive though!!

Catsnclay
09-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Ok, I must be in my "Dumb Blonde" mode or something, but I can't find anywhere on the site for a free sample.............can someone please guide me??!! :rolleyes:

krazyaboutkatz
09-07-2005, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
Ok, I must be in my "Dumb Blonde" mode or something, but I can't find anywhere on the site for a free sample.............can someone please guide me??!! :rolleyes: Bunny just scroll down and click on greenies family of products and this will take you to the page. Then scroll down to the bottom and it says to request a free sample click here.:) You can also refer your friends and then you'll receive a 50¢ coupon for each referral.:)

AmberLee
09-07-2005, 03:43 PM
*blush* I'd found the coupon link, but not the request a free sample link. Thanks for the info, KAK!!!

Lightning SuperCat
09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
I haven't seen them around, but I don't go to big pet stores like Petco or Pet Smart often. It might take a while for the store to get them, but they got them for dogs. I will definitly try them when they come!

AmberLee
09-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Lightning SuperCat
I haven't seen them around, but I don't go to big pet stores like Petco or Pet Smart often. It might take a while for the store to get them, but they got them for dogs. I will definitly try them when they come!

When you get a chance, right?

I hope your cats like them as my cats do. I sent off for the free sample yesterday. They estimate they'll be in in a little over a month.

DogLover9501
09-08-2005, 08:47 PM
My pups *love* the dog greenies, so I'm definatly going to try the kitty ones when I find them :)

moosmom
09-18-2005, 06:52 PM
I bought a bag of Tuna Greenies for my cats the other day. I gave each of them one. Bunch of snots that they are, licked them a little and walked away. At $3.99 a bag, I took them back. When I bought them, I told the lady I didn't think they'd like them. She said that everyone that bought them raved about them. I told her I know my cats, but they could prove me wrong. Once again, I was right!!! The only treats these little spoiled furbags like are the Whiskas crunchies in the can.

Geez!!!!!