PDA

View Full Version : urgent computer help

MariaM
09-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I just accidentaly closed a window...i had a long email typed and I need it back! It hadn't gotten sent yet...GAHH! I'm so mad. Is there any way to get it back?

Kfamr
09-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Afraid not. :(

luvofallhorses
09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
I don't think you can get it back after you closed the window. Sorry :( That happens to me sometimes. :rolleyes: I know how you feel.

Karen
09-04-2005, 03:09 PM
Nope. Next time, try typing in a Word Processor, not your browser. That way you can save it, close it and get it back!

MariaM
09-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Ok, that is what I was afraid of. Thanks for the replies. Don't you think you should be able to get it back though? They should have some computer shortcut where you can get it back...you'd think they would have thought of that by now.

:o

Almita
09-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Yea just what Karen said when I'm typing to someone and it is gonna be long I always go on my word processor and then when I'm done I will copy and paste and if I accidently click the exit button it will say if you want to save so that is what I think you should do sometimes in a while. When you think you are going to write a long message.

G535
09-04-2005, 07:29 PM
You can always press Ctrl-z or select "undo" from the Edit menu (depends on what browser you're using) but it has to be done immediately, not after you've done something else.

buckner
09-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by G535
You can always press Ctrl-z or select "undo" from the Edit menu (depends on what browser you're using) but it has to be done immediately, not after you've done something else. I believe MariaM closed the entire email by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner. I don't think it was just her message - it was everything.

MariaM, if it was just your actual message, you could've pressed ctrl-Z, but like G535 said, it has to be right after you delete it.

I know how you feel though and I'm really sorry. Last February, I was typing a research paper. I was on the 5th page and silly me forgot to save. I didn't save ANYTHING. And something happened to my computer and I lost everything. I really need a program that saves every 10 minutes... or just initially, heh. I always forget to save until the end.

G535
09-04-2005, 09:06 PM
There's a programme called "Auto Archiver", a friend uses it and says it's pretty good. I can't try it out as I use only Mac and Linux. There also used to be a lot of free archiver type programmes for Windows but not sure if they're still available. The programmes save all typing automatically and the files can be restored at any time. Too late for you now but maybe worth trying for the future. Actually your email might still be there on the hard drive but most likely been overwritten by something else by now.

slleipnir
09-04-2005, 10:58 PM
I've done that before too...after a REALLY long, detailed e-mail!!! Arg!