PDA

View Full Version : Photographic Evidence!!!!!!!

QueenScoopalot
09-04-2005, 10:51 AM
That lizards can be cuddly! :eek: :) :D Good thing I bought batteries for the camera as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Carmen (the iguana) was actually dozing with her head resting on Timothy's hip. :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/P8280002.jpg
I think Timothy was too shocked to move!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/P8280001.jpg
Even my hubby didn't believe me until he saw the pictures.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/P8280003.jpg
Carmen looks enormous compared to Timothy! :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/QueenScoopalot/New%20rescues/P8280004.jpg
Timothy shifted position, but Carmen stayed hoping for more warm kitties to cuddle with....silly lizard!

Kirsten
09-04-2005, 11:09 AM
OMG, that is way too cute for words!! I love lizards anyway, but this is just too sweet! Carmen obviously enjoyed the warmth from the kitty fur! :) But the expression on Timothy's face is kind of mistrustful! LOL

Kirsten

sirrahbed
09-04-2005, 11:19 AM
:eek: :eek:

Those pictures first startled me - but then after I stared awhile - I had to laugh at Timothy's face!!:D

Randi
09-04-2005, 11:20 AM
If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it!! :D What sweet pictures - but Timothy does seem to be rather alert! :eek: I'm sure that now they've realised how nice it is to cuddle, you'll see more of this. :)

PS. Koxka MUST see this!!

prechrswife
09-04-2005, 11:48 AM
Too funny. You should put a link to this thread on Pet General. I'm sure some of the reptile lovers would get a kick out of those pictures.

Maya & Inka's mommy
09-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Oh my :eek: , Timothy is a very brave cat :D !! How great that you were able to take these pics; nobody would have believed you !

furrykidsmother
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
What an adorable but odd couple!! That is so cute. I never gave a thought as to the companionship between furkids and lizards.

CalliesMom
09-04-2005, 11:55 AM
:eek: :eek: The lizard looked comfortable, at least. LOL

QueenScoopalot
09-04-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by prechrswife
Too funny. You should put a link to this thread on Pet General. I'm sure some of the reptile lovers would get a kick out of those pictures.
Good idea....;)

luvofallhorses
09-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh my gosh!! :eek: I can't believe what I am seeing, atleast you caught them in the moment!! :D

K & L
09-04-2005, 02:27 PM
Our cats and tortoise get along fine! As a matter of fact I think some of the cats are a little afraid of it!:D

Karen
09-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Hee hee - Carmen the cuddler!

catfamily
09-04-2005, 03:00 PM
How cute!!! This is a great picture Jan:D

rg_girlca
09-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Oh gosh Jan, what adorable pictures. Your Carmen is absolutely gorgeous.

How brave of Timothy to allow her to do this.

orangemm
09-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Carmen is gorgeous...and smart, too, to team up with a kitty friend! Nice warm body..........;)

QueenScoopalot
09-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Our cats and tortoise get along fine! As a matter of fact I think some of the cats are a little afraid of it!:D
Carmen comes and goes as she pleases from her 125 gallon tank. Smart girl knows exactly where to climb on her basking log to open the aquarium hood door and clambor out. :eek: :D Often she's surrounded by foster kittens that are fascinated with her tail, and needless to say, she gets a bit upset by the paws trying to play! :rolleyes: So it shocked me a bit to see her actually snuggled up to Timothy. :eek: :D

catnapper
09-04-2005, 06:50 PM
OMG... thats too much! Now I think I'veseen everyting! :D :D :D

G535
09-04-2005, 07:12 PM
Carmen looks like she's smiling at Timothy (or maybe at the camera)!

momcat
09-04-2005, 07:30 PM
Somehow I never thought of iguanas as being snuggle bugs. Those pictures are fantastic!!! Timothy is probably saying, "Okay Meowmie, what do I do NOW?" Tummy rubs to Timothy for being such a good sport about it. And tummy rubs, or the iguana equivalent, to Carmen. She is beautiful!!!!!

catmandu
09-04-2005, 07:39 PM
THAT,IS A VERY INTERESTING INTER ACTION,BETWEEN,TIMOTHY,AND THE IGUANA,TWO VERY DIFFERENT SPECIES,LIVING TOGETHER,IN HARMONY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Pouncer2.jpg

QueenScoopalot
09-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Carmen is such a good girl! I never knew that a rescue (I knew nothing about iguana care at the time) would turn out to be such a special keeper critter! She is no "spring chicken" and is possibly going through kidney failure, but is thriving in the close to two years since I took her in. :) She acts like a kitty when I pat her..leans into the pats. :D I can only hope I have her for years to come. She's such a character! :D ;)

DogLover9501
09-05-2005, 07:48 AM
:eek: Wow! Those are great pictures! Carmen is huge, and beautiful!

My Beardies will fall asleep on the dogs/cats. Emma will try to chase them however. Of course, Iguanas are much different, so these pictures are so surprising!

chocolatepuppy
09-05-2005, 07:59 AM
That is way too cute! Carmen is so big! :D

Sonia59
09-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Amazing! Thimothy looks so brave and quiet, no moving at the lizard approach! Very interesting to see such relationships!

sandragonfly
09-05-2005, 11:34 AM
haha, neat pictures of rare moment!
honestly, I wouldn't be surprised! at how the world are now.. :D

still, great 'cuddlation' to share!! the kids can be so nice to each other sometimes. :)

Kirsten
09-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
Carmen is such a good girl! I never knew that a rescue (I knew nothing about iguana care at the time) would turn out to be such a special keeper critter! She is no "spring chicken" and is possibly going through kidney failure, but is thriving in the close to two years since I took her in. :) She acts like a kitty when I pat her..leans into the pats. :D I can only hope I have her for years to come. She's such a character! :D ;)

I'm sorry to hear she may have kidney failure.

I was wondering if iguanas need a lot of extra and special care? Just curious! :)

Kirsten

QueenScoopalot
09-05-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
I'm sorry to hear she may have kidney failure.

I was wondering if iguanas need a lot of extra and special care? Just curious! :)

Kirsten
She may not be going through kidney failure...the vet couldn't determine if she was developing eggs, or her kidney values were off. Bloodwork I'm guessing must be hard to evaluate with iguanas. They require a lot of care, and a very good diet mostly composed of dark leafy greens, and some fruits and vegetables. Calcium is also critical in order for them not to develop metabolic bone disease which can be crippling...or a slow death.
:( They also require specialized lighting that provides UVB/UVA light, heating lamps for night, humidity etc. Not an easy critter to care for, but I learned a lot along our journey together. :) It will be almost 2 years in Dec. :) Here's a good website devoted to iggys...http://www.greenigsociety.org/home.html
Carmen came to me via someone my husband met. She was in a totally inadequate makeshift cage, and was ice cold and on an awful diet of iceberg lettuce and celery! I'm actually amazed she survived at all in those conditions! :rolleyes: She is quite funny for a lizard. One day I had neglected to get her breakfast ready, and I came home to find her out of the tank and standing in the kitchen by the fridge...silly lizard. :D

catfamily
09-05-2005, 02:44 PM
OMG That's so funny waking up and seeing her in the kitchen looking for breakfast.You are a hero to so many animals:D

Kirsten
09-05-2005, 03:03 PM
QueenScoopalot, thank you for telling me Carmen's story. :) She really sounds like a special pet, and it is so cute that she came into the kitchen to look for her breakfast. :) What a smart girl! :)

It's sad that people get animals like these lizards and then have no clue what to do with them. :( So many exotic animals are getting ill because the live in the wrong environment! I'm glad that Carmen came to your house and now lives a better life!

And thanks for the link! I'm on my way now... :)

Kirsten

lvpets2002
09-05-2005, 03:10 PM
:eek: How too sweet & hey no one told Carmen she didnt have furr.. All adorable.. Need to enter on Funniest Animal seg..

Don Juan's mom
09-05-2005, 03:11 PM
I'll have to tell my brother Mike about this. He is a herpetologist on the faculty at IU Kokomo, and shares his home with one wife, two adorable little kids (one of each), a feline terrorist named Fee, and an iguana (don't know the name). :)

Liz