PDA

View Full Version : We might take in a family(Hurricane Victims)

sammy101
09-04-2005, 09:04 AM
We're thinking about taking in a small family from the hurricane victims.We have more than enough room,since it will be just my mom and i for a month or so,(my dad is going to egypt to work).Theres a shelter only about 3 minutes from my house,and were probly going to volunteer and give some clothes,toiletries,etc.My mom isnt willing to drive to the astrodome,she doesnt like driving in the city by herself:rolleyes: Even if we dont take a family,we'll be helping out alot. It really affected us,since we lived in New Orleans for 5 years. I really loved it and its never going to be the same.
My mom wants to drive to new orleans and rescue all the dogs,but we cant get there:( But a good thing is the houston SPCA got in over 300 dogs the other day from New Orleans.

also,if anyone is looking for family/and or friends,please look up there name HERE (http://www.familylinks.icrc.org/home.nsf/home/webfamilylinks) You can find out what there whereabouts are.

cloverfdx
09-04-2005, 09:27 AM
That would be wonderful if you could take in a family, that is very generous of you and your own family {{Hugs}}.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2005, 09:35 AM
I think that's great! I wish I could do more to help than just donate. I'm sure whatever you do, you will make other's lives much better.

petslover
09-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Thats great for you to do. We went to donate some dog food and toiletry items to our Red Cross. Thanks for helping these people out. I wished we could take them in, but our house isn't big enough for anybody else. Whoever you take in will become a friend and will be grateful for your family.

sirrahbed
09-04-2005, 10:19 AM
What a wonderful idea:) I think every single one of us want to do SOMETHING and are donating...but I think that actually physically doing something like this is a terrific gesture. Let us know OK??

kuhio98
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
That's a great idea. I hope more people come forward. Our mayor was on the news last night asking for volunteers to take in families. I think that's great but I can't imagine why they would send a family to Anchorage, Alaska! :eek: So far away from their friends and family...

Daisy and Delilah
09-04-2005, 10:34 AM
I hope you know you guys are my heroes!!! God Bless You for this noble gesture. This is wonderful. Thanks for posting this and please keep us updated. We're all feeling so helpless I know.

Terry:)

luvofallhorses
09-04-2005, 11:54 AM
How very generous of you to do this!! ((hugs)) and kudos to you!! :D

Ginger's Mom
09-04-2005, 12:17 PM
How wonderful of you and your family!!! Please let us know how things work out.

sammy101
09-04-2005, 08:48 PM
thankyou!I will keep you updated.We're already getting soo much stuff together to donate. I'm going to be giving about 6 pairs of jeans that i dont wear anymore,plus shirts and shoes.We're probly going to donate to the Houston SPCA too.I would really like to foster,but i'm not sure my mom would like to or not,she wouldnt be able to give them up;) i wouldnt either. My school is doing a drive for donations,and money.I know soo many people at my school who are getting families.This one guy is getting a family of TEN!:eek:
My mom and i are going to go sometime this week,probably after school to donate,and volunteer.And see if anyone needs a place to stay for a while. I think my mom is worried about people stealing(which i highly doubt,since the people are at a church) our things. We're still not 100% sure if were going to take a family or not,but its a mabye.
I dont see the point in making people who dont have a home stay in a shelter for the next 6 months,sleeping on a cot,when we have 2 empty queen size beds for them.:)