PDA

View Full Version : Good thoughts and prayers needed please...

carole
09-03-2005, 10:19 PM
I just heard from my sister today and an unfortunate accident has happened to my niece and her hubby.

They are both suffering from burns due to an accident in the kitchen, Nick was preparing a meal for my sister and her hubby coming over, cooking prawns in a small amount of oil when a droplet of oil spilled onto the gas hobb, it burst into flames, he picked up the pot to put it in the sink I believe and accidentally dropped it, he has superficial burns to his hand and arm, but Charlene was close by making the salad, and has received third degree burns to her foot, they spent over 6 hours in emergency last night,without any pain relief whatsover, surgeons deciding whether or not to operate, and finally were released.

Charlene is still facing the horrible thought of maybe having surgery and a skin graft if the healing process does not do its thing in a weeks time, they are doubtful and think she will have to have this procedure done.

I would so appreciate it if everyone could send some positive vibes and pray for her to make a recovery without the need for painful grafts.

I just talked to her a few moments ago and she said the pain was not too bad, I told her she will be cuddling Neo (their kitty) in the next few weeks, she said she was just so thankful he was not in the kitchen at the time too, and is glad it was not her face or worse.

All in all a distressing time, but I am glad they are not hurt more severe than they already are.

cyber-sibes
09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Prayers coming your way. Burns are so painful -- I hope your niece's burns heals enough they won't have to do grafts.

luvofallhorses
09-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Oh my gosh. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Lexi_Lover
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
OMGosh! Many prayers and HUGS coming her way! :( I got burnt 3 times, not 3rd degree, but 2nd degrees for all three. :( Not counting all my sunburns. Hoping for a very fast recovery!

carole
09-03-2005, 10:34 PM
Thank you all.:)

joycenalex
09-04-2005, 08:17 PM
how awful! prayers going up

finn's mom
09-04-2005, 10:16 PM
good thoughts coming your way...

carole
09-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks much appreciated.:)

davidpizzica
09-05-2005, 07:51 AM
Sis, Pittsburgh prayers are coming your way for your niece and her husband. I also pray the your niece doesn't have to go through skin grafts. {{{{HUGS}}}} go to you and your niece and her husband.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I'm so glad it wasn't worse. I'll be keeping them in my thoughts.