PDA

View Full Version : Husband and I are separating

Palomino21
09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Hey all. My husband and I are separating for awhile and moving into separate apartments. I know Star can sense something's up, and seems a little sad. How can I make this easier on her? Should I get her another cat so she can have a playmate?

Annie

sirrahbed
09-03-2005, 07:38 PM
I am sorry Annie:( Kitties are very good at sensing our sadness...so I bet Star is showing you that. I would just keep giving her lots of attention and you can comfort each other. I don't know if getting her a playmate would help with that. But, it might cheer you up?? If you want another kitty - then I think you should get one:)

catmandu
09-03-2005, 08:52 PM
THAT,IS BETTER,FOR STAR,AS CATS CAN SENSE TENSION,THE FOUND CATS,ARE NOT HAPPY,WHEN I GET UPSET.
AND ANOTHE CAT,THAT NEEDS A HOME,WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER,AND THERE ARE SO MANY CATS,ESPECIALLY OLDER CATS,THAT WOULD MAKE STAR AN EXCELLENT FRIEND.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture704.jpg

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( Debbie has already given you some great advice and I'm sure that Star will settle down when she senses that you're happier. If getting another kitten/cat will make you both happier then I say go for it.:)

CalliesMom
09-03-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your separation. I also believe that our pets can sense our stress and act in ways to show this. I hope everything works out and it would be a great thing to adopt a friend for your kitty. :)

sandragonfly
09-04-2005, 06:55 AM
oh I'm sorry annie! yes, star can feel you, cry with you.

well, if it's not finanically hard for you, I think it'll be grrreat to getur star a new furriend! for her & her new furriend bondship, should be worked out okay since star is still this young..

let us know! :)

annie, you can, if you like - pm me anytime, I do care and take care!

((annie))
..gina & the ark

rg_girlca
09-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Gosh, I'm sorry to hear this. :( I hope and pray that everything will work out in the end for both of you.
Take care.

luvofallhorses
09-04-2005, 02:24 PM
I am so sorry :( Please take care. ((hugs))

Palomino21
09-04-2005, 03:57 PM
The other day I let Star outside and there were too kittens a little younger than her, she ran up to them and wanted to play so I have bo doubt that it won't take her long to warm up to the idea of a playmate.

catfamily
09-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Getting another cat is a great idea.I'm so sorry for what your going through.Being by yourself isn't so bad.Maybe you'll find Mr.Right later on.But it's better to be living alone than with someone that isn't working out the way it should.Good Luck.

catnapper
09-04-2005, 05:11 PM
I am so sorry to hear that {{Hugs}}

I also think that getting a playamte might be a nice idea - IF you are up to having one. A separation is a major life change, and you might consider the stress a separation would bring as well as the stress of introducing a new cat.

lvpets2002
09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
:( I am so sorry Annie & hope things work out for the best.. Yes I agree Star will settle better once you have settled better.. Good Luck & my girls send lots of whisker hugs & prayers..

momcat
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Hi, Annie! I've been thinking about this for a few days now. If you're in a position to adopt another kitty, it might not be a bad idea. Star would probably love a full time playmate to do kitty antics with. Imagine the laughs and fun both would provide. The important thing for now is to give Star plenty of attention. Star knows a big change is happening and senses a change in you. Let us know what you and Star decide to do about another furkid?

sasha the cat
09-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Dear Annie,

I agree with others who feel Star is sensing that you are upset. Separating is never easy.

Star may enjoy a companion and since you already love cats, another cat will give you love and joy.

You may have to introduce a new furkid very slowly to Star but in the end it will be worth the effort.

Best wishes to you and Star and, perhaps, to your new furkid.