PDA

View Full Version : Oh. My. God.

Cheshirekatt
09-03-2005, 05:01 PM
So I have a friend who's married to a man with a child from a previous marriage. She loves the little girl like her own and they've been trying to get custody of Noelle for years. Noelle spends most of her time with them and mom is a drug addict and is too concernced with her skanky boyfriend and scoring drugs. The judge denied them custody just last month and Noelle cries and cries everytime she has to go to moms.

Well, just a couple of days ago they found a man shot in the mom's car (her name is Melanie) and Melanie was no where to be found.

They found her body last night. Stabbed eight times in the face and shot. Skanky boyfriend is on the run. They think he found her with the other guy, shot him, took her and stabbed and shot her.

Unbelieveable.

Thank goodness Noelle wasn't with her mom when all this happened. I just can't believe it. But I'm so thankful that Noelle will now have a stable family life.

People. *sigh*

new mom to a veiled
09-03-2005, 05:28 PM
That is SOOOOOOO horrible............what a thing for a child to have to go through!!!! Thank heaven she will now be in a stable home:)

moosmom
09-03-2005, 06:23 PM
What an absolutely awful thing for such a young child to go through. I hope your friends will petition the court for a temporary custody order. This little girl needs a stable, loving home. Unfortunately though, there may be relatives from either the mother or father's side of the family that might fight the petition.

She and your friends will definitely be in my prayers.

finn's mom
09-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Wow. That's a blessing in a very thin disguise, from the sounds of it. How old is Noelle? If she's not old enough to remember, are you going to tell her about her biological mother and what happened to her?

EDITED: I just reread the original post...sorry, I thought you were the ones taking her in...I hope they keep the lines of communication open with this little girl about what happened to her mother...I hope she's going to be all right, that would be a hard thing to go through.

Cheshirekatt
09-04-2005, 01:17 PM
She's like 7.

cute_pup
09-05-2005, 03:55 AM
7???well she obviously will remember that horrible time in her life...though i got to say iam glad she is in a stable home...

mugsy
09-05-2005, 02:09 PM
And people wonder why I say I hate people.....hmmm...

And we wonder why so many of our children are not succeeding in school, etc.

Will you be given custody now?

Cheshirekatt
09-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
And people wonder why I say I hate people.....hmmm...

And we wonder why so many of our children are not succeeding in school, etc.

Will you be given custody now?

This is my friend's step daughter. So far, everything looks good for little Noelle. The grandparents aren't looking like they want custody so everyone keep your fingers crossed for her!

cute_pup
09-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Fingers Crossed!!

;)

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
The grandparents aren't looking like they want custody so everyone keep your fingers crossed for her!

Poor little mite - if the grandparents had any interest in her welfare at all they would have stepped in long before now. Fingers crossed for all involved

new mom to a veiled
09-06-2005, 10:06 AM
Hopes and prayers for Noelle...

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
Poor little mite - if the grandparents had any interest in her welfare at all they would have stepped in long before now. Fingers crossed for all involved

I agree. Poor little girl. It makes me sad that she had to go through so much at such a young age but it looks like your friend and her husband are ready and willing to give her the best possible care. Fingers crossed that nothing else will happen and the custody hearings go smoothly.