PDA

View Full Version : Where did you find Pet of the Day

Harmanie
09-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I just thought it would be interesting to know how people found out about pt....I found out by surfing the net. I was looking at funny pictures of animals...animal jokes etc...and pt came along. Where did you find pt?

luvofallhorses
09-03-2005, 11:36 AM
In a search for pet message boards. I am glad I found it! :D

Daisy and Delilah
09-03-2005, 01:43 PM
My daughter told me about it:D

:)

Almita
09-03-2005, 01:45 PM
I did the same as Loveofallhorses I was wondering if they had any pet message boards and I found this like a long time ago I had another screenname but I forgot the password and didn't know what e-mail i was using so i made another one!

gemini9961
09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
I was looking for a place to ask a question about Sadie and Maggie.

Roxyluvsme13
09-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Umm.....well ive been going to dogoftheday since like 2nd grade OMG 6years AGO!!! and i finally just noticed the little pet talk icon and clicked it and signed up...LOL im so slow....

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-03-2005, 02:56 PM
I've been coming to petoftheday since 1999, but just joined PT last year. Same as most people--just doing a dog breed search and found this! And I'm sure glad I did!!:D;)

buckner
09-03-2005, 03:53 PM
My friend Cori (Molucass) told me about this forum and demanded I joined. Hehe, I'm glad I did!

dogzr#1
09-03-2005, 04:09 PM
My mom sent me an email containing alot of dog things. One website was dogoftheday, then after a few days I saw the pettalk icon and decided to join.

poofy
09-03-2005, 10:51 PM
was looking fur a place to talk n read about animals,and I found it..:D

Tweety_Pie
09-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I was looking on google for something dog related.. I think it was pictures of Shetland Sheepdogs.. and I remember clicking on a picture of a dogoftheday. I always used to look at the Petoftheday, Dogoftheday, and Catoftheday... and then I realized there was a Pet Talk button!! I "surfed" the forums for a while before I actually joined, but I am so glad I did!!:D

CalliesMom
09-03-2005, 11:36 PM
I was looking around for cat pictures and came across Cat of the Day...then I found the Pet Talk icon and have been hooked ever since.

smokey the elder
09-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Browsing the Yahoo pet sites, about 5 years ago. I joined in 2002 after lurking for about a year and a half.

cloverfdx
09-04-2005, 08:00 AM
I realy dont remember :o. It may have been through DOTD, but it was quite a long time ago.

Anita Cholaine
09-06-2005, 03:30 PM
A person I know had a link to Cat of the Day on his website. So, I decided to enter and I then found Pet of the Day, Dog of the Day, and finally...Pet Talk!!:) I'm so glad I found it.....

EssTer
09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Well..first I heard of petoftheday.com (or dogoftheday.com I dont remember) in some magazine...I thought - wow that´s cool, that there are sites like that for pets...I checked it regulary - all those pet that were POTD, DOTD & COTD, but I never noticed the talk section...when I cheked it, I read alot, and saw tehere are some great people there...so I joined talk :) and all I can say this is really great place with awesome people and wonderful pets :)

horselover365
06-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I was doing a reasearch project for school like a LOOOONG time ago on albino rats and I came across the site and I started coming every day and I noticed PT and I joined and wow it took a really long time for me to notice PT boy am I glad I finally did.

I just realized that I put zero periods in that paragraph. Oh well.:)

Laura's Babies
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I was just looking for cat forums and this came up. I lurked for about 5 or 6 years before I signed up and I always came here to look at the PICTURES!!

Freedom
06-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Oh dear, I am in a totally different group.

I was searching for a copy of Nintendogs Best Friends edition (quite rare) and someone on here had one to give away, so this forum came up. By the time I found this, the game had already changed hands. I never did get that particular one.

So I looked around a bit, trying to figure out what this was; all the other 'hits' were gaming forums. At that time I had . . . 6 cats, I think! I was hooked!

I had just purchased my first laptop. I have learned SO much about forums and the internet since joining Pet Talk!

Suki Wingy
06-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Wow, this is an old thread! When searching for pictures of particular dog breeds, they often came up with the DOTD logo in the corner. One time I clicked, and the current dog was so cute I HAD to join and comment. That was February 2005, I think.

Casper
06-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Google.com, if I am not mistaken.
That site is like my best friend.. it always leads me in the right direction. :]
Not sure what I was searching for, but I somehow found my way here.

Alysser
06-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I was searching for puppy pictures and happened to come across pt. Been hooked ever since.

*LabLoverKEB*
06-24-2008, 05:20 PM
When I was about 12 years old, I got this magazine, (American Girl Magazine) and it was an all animal issue. When it had pet websites listed in it, one of them was DOTD! I was a lurker for quite some time, then I finially joined, and I'm glad I did!

ramanth
06-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Search engine after adopting Kia.

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Ralph found it a short time before we got Cincy. He told me about it, and I mostly lurked or posted using his name at first. He joined in May of 2001, but I didn't really know about it until late that year.. I joined for myself in Jan. 2002 and have a couple more posts then "Sadie's Dad"

Taz_Zoee
06-24-2008, 08:02 PM
I was searching for something having to do with dogs after I got Zoee. I can't even remember what I was looking for at the time. But I'm sure glad I found this site. :D :D