PDA

View Full Version : What odd treat will your dog(s) go crazy for?

Lobodeb
09-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Last night, as I was cooking dinner, I remembered (was reminded, rather) that Maggy loves raw potatos. She has since she was a puppy. She hears me on the cutting board and will not stop begging until I give her some. When I come home from the store with a new bag of potatos, she constantly steals at least one to gnaw on. She even grawled at Payton when he tried to see what she was eating! What's even more odd is that she could care less if the potato is cooked.

What are some odd food treats that your dog will just move heaven and earth for?

Ginger's Mom
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
Ginger is a picky eater and I haven't found anything particularly odd that she goes crazy for yet. But, my sister had a miniature schnauzer (RB) that went crazy for wheat bread. I thought that was the strangest thing, because it sounds very bland and uninteresting to me (wheat bread?). But as soon as I would open the wrapper, he would start dancing around in circles and jumping up on me. LOL, he was such a strange little boy (actually he was quite charming and loveable).

BitsyNaceyDog
09-02-2005, 12:01 PM
cream cheese! When Bitsy needs an allergy pill I give it to her in a little bit of cream cheese (she spits it out of regular cheese). I always let the other dogs lick the excess off my fingers after Bitsy has taken her pill. Well now every time I go to the medicine cabinet they all come running in hopes to get a little taste of cream cheese. :D

anna_66
09-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Bon goes nutso for apples and bread...you would think I was giving him steak!

IRescue452
09-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Autumn likes oranges, apples, and carrots. Pepper is too picky to go crazy for a treat but she does like cheese treats.

Glacier
09-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Cantaloupe and strawberries. Heyoka is a strawberry freak. Earle loves melon of any kind, but cantaloupe is his favorite.

CathyBogart
09-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Carrot sticks!! Star and Wilbur both love 'em!

GoldenLuv
09-02-2005, 01:47 PM
My dogs go crazy over cheese nips

Suki Wingy
09-02-2005, 03:35 PM
NiÑo is VERY picky, but he loves noodles and soy nuggets!

k9krazee
09-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Micki loves individually wrapped sliced cheese, he goes crazy when he hears you open the package and he also loves baby carrots!

lv4dogs
09-02-2005, 03:48 PM
Nanook goes crazy for butter.

Raustyk is pretty picky, she likes some non meat items but the only things she goes crazy for is meat foods.

Kaige, well he's at the age where he goes crazy for anything, from plain lettuce to prim rib. lol

Muddy4paws
09-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Meg LOVES grapes, she goes through the shopping bags to get at them lol they both love pasta aswell, their eye pop out of their head when they see it!

cyber-sibes
09-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Star is picky, but when it's strawberry season, she'll pull them off the plants! Sherman goes crazy over anything that's edible. One of his favorites is fresh grass. He loves to graze (didn't anybody tell him he's a dog, not a cow? :rolleyes: )

*LabLoverKEB*
09-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Baby carrots!:D :)

Kfamr
09-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Simba: He's really picky. I think his most weirdest is bread. Just plain bread. If I get a slice of normal white bread out, he goes nuts!

Nala: She loves apples and carrots.

Kiara: Pickles! She LOVES pickles. I guess she gets it from me because I often eat pickles as a snack. :p Pickles, Apples, Olives, Carrots, basically anything!

tikeyas_mom
09-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Tikeyas fairly picky..
She will do random tricks (her form of begging) for food, but if I offer it to her.. She just drops it and glares at me like I gave her the treat of death!! haha.
She's silly that way.. She wont eat treats when there arnt any other dogs around.. but if baby and oscar both have a treat, she will eat hers (because if she does'nt, Baby gladly would, or Oscar will hide it in his bed.)

beeniesmom
09-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Beenie would do ANYTHING for a carrot stick and for a few peanuts! Beenie eats pickels too!
Frankie will dance and do flips for just about anything!

cyber-sibes
09-03-2005, 10:07 PM
She will do random tricks for food, but if I offer it to her.. She just drops it and glares at me like I gave her the treat of death!! haha. She wont eat treats when there aren't any other dogs around.. but if baby and oscar both have a treat, she will eat hers (because if she does'nt, Baby gladly would, or Oscar will hide it in his bed.)
Hmmmmmm........maybe it's a husky thing? Star's just like that too!

cali
09-03-2005, 10:13 PM
Ripley goes insane for milk, he practically pulled my pants down this morning trying to get my cereal milk lol

K9karen
09-03-2005, 11:52 PM
"Rrrr Rrr's" Rice Krispies cereal, Logan's bedtime snack! All I have to do is open the cupboard at around 10p and she's right there! She's not interested in people food but her previous owners must have given her ice cream, because she can be in another room, but the second I take the carton from the freezer, she goes beserk! I let her lick the bowl.