PDA

View Full Version : I just did something really stupid at work!!

JenBKR
09-02-2005, 09:16 AM
:eek: I just answered a call, and the caller sounded like our quality assurance manager John playing a joke (which he does frequently). I said something like, I'll transfer you to John who can help you, but he's a real pain in the a**. The guy laughed and said he was a pain too. It was at this time I realized that the call was real. I just sat here. I feel so stupid. I put him in John's voicemail. The girl next to me heard me, and said hopefully this guy doesn't say what happened and I'll be ok. I feel so stupid!! :(

jackie
09-02-2005, 09:19 AM
OOOOPPPPSSS. lol

RobiLee
09-02-2005, 09:37 AM
Ooops, is right...lol. It will be ok. What can you do except giggle and brush it away!

{{HUGS}}

bluekat
09-02-2005, 10:55 AM
lol don't worry, I'm sure he knows it was probably meant as a joke :p

caseysmom
09-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Sounds like something I would do! I am sure he won't say anything.

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
LOL it sounds like something that would happen to me. I wouldn't worry too much about it, especially since the guy laughed about it and agreed with you ;)

JenBKR
09-02-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys! I feel a little better now. I sure hope I can look back on this one day and laugh! ;)

catnapper
09-02-2005, 11:44 AM
LOL... too funny! I'd have said something like... somewhere in the past I'm sure I did!

kuhio98
09-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Awww, it's wasn't that bad. To make you feel better, I'll tell you my most embarrassing moment...

I worked at Burger King thru high school. The summer before going to college, I got a job in an office as a receptionist/ manuscript typist. The first day on the job, the phone rang.

In my best professional voice, I answered it and said "Welcome to Burger King. May I take your order?" Then I screamed and hung up phone and ran for the bathroom in embarrassment.

Feel better now? :D

JenBKR
09-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by kuhio98
Awww, it's wasn't that bad. To make you feel better, I'll tell you my most embarrassing moment...

I worked at Burger King thru high school. The summer before going to college, I got a job in an office as a receptionist/ manuscript typist. The first day on the job, the phone rang.

In my best professional voice, I answered it and said "Welcome to Burger King. May I take your order?" Then I screamed and hung up phone and ran for the bathroom in embarrassment.

Feel better now? :D

Oh thank you so much! LOL I think I needed another embarrassing story to know that I am not the only one! :D

JenBKR
09-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Whew, John called the guy back and my 'incident' was not mentioned. I could just go home and curl up under the covers...;)

cali
09-02-2005, 01:51 PM
lol its ok, I did something similer once, I called my friend and her brother answered and I thought it was her and she was playing a joke and I laughed when he said he was not my friend till he handed her the phone...turns out it really was her brother lol I felt like such an idiot!

K9karen
09-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I think I can beat that. My coworker was riding me unmercifully one day (he loved picking on me-he was hysterical) when I laughingly cussed him out just as a call beeped in my ear! So the only thing the caller heard was my last 2 words to my friend! And they were probably what you can imagine! Talk about shock and embarrasment! I forgot to turn my phone off! Luckily, I knew the client and she recognized my voice and knew my co-worker's sense of humor so all was Ok, but I never forgot it or did it again!

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2005, 12:53 AM
:eek:

Like the time the Customer called to ask if we'd "Had time" to
work on the radio he'd dropped off less than an hour ago ...

"Lemmie go check on it ..." sez I;
lay the phone down and *THOUGHT* I'd punched the "HOLD" button ...
(NOT) :( ...

Then proceded to <rant> (out loud) about the "slim chance in "heck"
that we'd even found time to turn it ON, let alone FIX it!
What's he think this is - the Zippy-Fix Shop!?"

I was just going to let him "Blink on Hold" for a minute or two
to give the impression that maybe I HAD checked on it - but *I* knew
it hadn't gotten any closer to being repaired - it was still sitting
on my desk where it was put when he dropped it off!

THAT's about when I noticed the "HOLD" lamp was NOT *flashing*
on the phone!

:eek:
:o

I called one of the Techs into the office ...
>pointed< to the phone and then my ear ...
and we began an "animated" discussion of WHAT my be wrong with
so-an-so's radio that the Tech was "working" on.

Then I offered to go into the Shop and take a "quick look" with him ...

By the time I came back and picked up the "live" phone,
I was hoping ole so-an-so had long forgotten what he heard!

(I did promise him it would be "finished" by morning ...
then had to stay late myself to actually make it happen!)

:rolleyes:

joycenalex
09-03-2005, 06:40 AM
i once blurted out the common word for *fecal matter* in front of a patient once. granted my thumb was caught and broke by a piece of xray equipment, that the patient bumped, but i still cringe at the thought...and the patient "laughingly" told my boss about it. my boss, months later told me about it, and said it was semi-understandable, but try not to do it again:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
09-03-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex

... my thumb was caught and broke by a piece of xray equipment ...

... my boss ... said ...
"try not to do it again" :rolleyes:

:confused:
Don't do WHAT again??

Have a patient break yur thumb;
or
Shout NawTee words???

:D

Sorry bout your Thumb! {ouwchie!}

moosmom
09-03-2005, 06:33 PM
Deny it!!! It's his word against yours.

I did a dumb thing last week. I work for Michigan Memorial Funeral Home. I was SO exhausted (one of the many busy days) I said, "Michigan Memorial Furniture". My supervisor was standing there and just about spit her coffee out. She was laughing so hard. Thank GOD Dan wasn't there. Hey, let's face it. Everyone makes mistakes.

king2005
09-03-2005, 09:35 PM
I don't remember what I said to a customer, but several months ago I was really sick & my voice was coming & going, but mostly going. I forced my words out & it was as if I was telling the guy off.

Before he had any time to react to my tone & freaked out & told him sorry a dozen times, that I didn't mean to sound so rude and angry at him. I explained I was ill & I have to force my voice sometimes & this time my voice cleared at a bad time.

I think I went beet red & the guy had to calm me down cause I felt so bad. He actually jumpped a little when I said it.

Luckly he could see & hear I was ill & had little control over my tone at times.

JenBKR
09-06-2005, 08:02 AM
LOL thank you so much guys **hugs** Hearing that other people make stupid mistakes always works!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by JenBKR
I think I needed another embarrassing story to know that I am not the only one! :D

Ever tried answering the phone by picking up your mouse? Doesn't work but you can guarantee your colleagues will dissolve into hysterics!!! :D

Or....how about picking up the phone and dialling out using the numeric keypad on your computer? Announced to the office that the phone system was out of order before I realised what I'd done :o

JenBKR
09-06-2005, 09:03 AM
Brody's Mum toooo funny LOL!

Pawsitive Thinking
09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
My all time favourite is forgetting that I'm at home and answering the phone "good afternoon, MDJ Services.........." the number of people who say "sorry, wrong number" and hang up :D :D

JenBKR
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Brody's Mum
My all time favourite is forgetting that I'm at home and answering the phone "good afternoon, MDJ Services.........." the number of people who say "sorry, wrong number" and hang up :D :D

Yep, I've done that!