PDA

View Full Version : Bandit is gone

kittycats_delight
09-02-2005, 08:35 AM
My mom called me yesterday to tell me her bunny passed over to RB. Bandit was 6 years old we had her for 5 of those 6 years. She was fine until late Wednesday night when she stopped eating. Then she went downhill fast. She wouldn't eat or drink but otherwise seemed perfectly fine. Behaviour was the same and looked the same. Thursday morning my mom noticed her tummy had blown out huge and was hard. She called the vet. Bandit's regular vet was closed. My mom called everywhere and couldn't get anyone to see her. She also hadn't used her litter. Nothing during the night. Around lunchtime my mom took her out. She shed terribly so my mom always wrapped her in a towel. She wrapped her up and as she picked her up everything ran from her. It was liquid and full of these little wormy things with legs. Immedaitely my mom was on the phone again and no one could see her. She finally got an office that agreed to see her at 5:30 that night. Around 3:00 my mom says she took a turn for the worse. She could barely hold her head up and she was very weak. She again called the vets and no way no how would anyone see her and the office she got the appointment with said they could not take her before 5:30. So off my mom went to see if there was anything she could get for Bandit at the pet store. She came back about 1 hour later and checked her. Still the same as when she left. She rubbed her face and gave her a little lovin' and comfort then went to get a sandwich. When she came back about 10 minutes later Bandit was gone. She had her cremated yesterday and was talking to the vet about what had come out of her. The vet was soooo shocked that nothing was seen before. No worms anywhere or anykind. Apparently she had intestinal worms and they ate her from the inside. The vet was soo angry that no one told her to bring the rabbit in. She said in emergencies they will see them and this was an emergency. She told my mom she would deal with whoever was responsible for telling her no. Too little too late for Bandit. Poor little girl suffered. And no one would help her not even my mom who she loved and trusted.

I'm sorry you had to suffer Bandit.
We love you sweetie.
R.I.P. Bandit and hop freely at RB with all the other PT bunny angels.

buttercup132
09-03-2005, 07:50 PM
aww im so sorry

jenluckenbach
09-03-2005, 08:17 PM
I am sorry to hear this....RIP little bun-bun.

luvofallhorses
09-05-2005, 11:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. ((hugs)) R.I.P. Bandit, know that you were deeply loved.

sandragonfly
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
oh my.. :( grrr these invisible worms!!! :(

bandit, I'm so sorry that you had to go and made your bunmommy so sad even though you left your pawprint in her heart. now you're worm-free and you'll hop all way you want throughout all grasses, wildflowers and your new fuzziends under one bright great rainbow you deserve! now, rest peacefully, you'll still bee missed.

michelle, please let your mother know my condences, and I'm sending (((hugs))) for both of you.

..gina & chaya

lvpets2002
09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
So sorry to hear of the lose of Bandit.. I know Bandit is Resting in Peace now & looking down from heaven on mom.. Mom as well hold Bandit in her heart forever..