PDA

View Full Version : Pets & their Celebrities

Angels3
03-08-2002, 10:40 PM
I just saw some lovely pics of dogs in a British magazine called 'Hello'. The article was about a book called Pets & Their Celebrities. An American photographer raised money for an animal charity by asking celebrities to pose with their pets.
And the pets are not just handbag items...many of them are much-loved older dogs. Best of all, many had come from rescue sources.
Like there's a great picture of Brad Pitt with his Weimaraner, Purdy...& he also owns Blanco, a stray dog he rescued from the street. Other actors own a Dalamatian called Dot, a Labrador called Moise, a Terrier called Hogg...& golden retriever/collie X, Dylan, that found his celebrity owner by putting his chin on her foot at an Austin animal shelter. Years later, Dylan goes to the movie sets with his owner. And there's lots more. Hope this link takes you to some info on this book.
(Oh, & Goldie Hawn is pictured with a little red/gold Tibetan Spaniel called Clara Bow in her arms. And I love Tibbies!)
Marie

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/reframe.html?http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/10_01/10_22c.html

tatsxxx11
03-09-2002, 05:00 PM
I heard so much about this book!!! Your link had so many great photos to drool over!! Thanks for the smile:)

Logan
03-09-2002, 06:37 PM
Isn't that neat? Thank you, Marie, for the link to the story. I haven't heard of that book, but I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoy my Purina Celebrity Calandar.....this month, Sarah Ferguson with two Golden Retriever puppies......adorable! :D

TopSpoT
03-25-2002, 03:42 PM
I didn't see a pic posted on the site of the dal. Just curious! :)

AmberLee
03-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Angels3
... And the pets are not just handbag items ...

I've not heard the phrase "handbag items" before. Does it mean something that is just for show not something that is truly valued? (That's my best guess, but I'm dubious about using it without your confirmation!)

Thanks!

Angels3
03-25-2002, 06:15 PM
"I've not heard the phrase "handbag items" before. Does it mean something that is just for show not something that is truly valued? (That's my best guess, but I'm dubious about using it without your confirmation!) "

Your definition of 'handbag item' is right, AmberLee. A dog that is acquired as a fashionable accessory can be discarded like a handbag.
Breeds which become popular at a certain time are at risk for this happening to them.
Marie

aly
03-26-2002, 12:53 AM
I want Shannon Doherty's dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoudLou
03-26-2002, 02:15 AM
Shannen Doherty's dog is BIGGER than she is!!! But boy, is he cute. Just makes ya want to "Scrunchie-face" Kiss him!:p

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-26-2002, 06:12 AM
I just loved that link! I will stop at Barnes & Noble sometime soon and see if they have the book.

I just love Ozzy Osbourne. He has so many dogs, too!

Pam
03-26-2002, 07:08 AM
Oh my heart is melting! A precious puggily!

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/dailynews/extra/10_01/images/petbook4.jpg

nsweezie
03-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Too sweet!
I just love pugs, and that last picture is adorable.