PDA

View Full Version : I am so upset.. :(

Nomilynn
09-02-2005, 02:12 AM
Tonight at work a cat came in that was partially blocked. The owners decided to euthanise him.. well that made me so upset that we asked them to surrender him to me and he's in my spare bedroom right now with special food, water and a litter box.

I don't want to keep this cat. I can't keep this cat. But I couldn't let him die. If he does get blocked he's going to cost me a ton of money that I can't afford to get him better. I have to find a home for him. He's an orangie, about 6years old, with really pretty eyes. He's really scared right now and hisses alot but hasnt tried to bite or anything.

I am in a lot of finacial trouble right now because I don't think I will be able to afford my way through this coming month. What am I going to do? I feel sick to my stomach with fear. I don't know what to do... :(

Craftlady
09-02-2005, 03:41 AM
I did a google search got the following link for rescue groups. Call these groups, I'm sure they can help you out.

rescue groups (http://www.h4ha.org/shelters/index.php?cat=2&subcat=53&subsubcat=339)

orangemm
09-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Bless you for taking in this poor, desperate cat. I can imagine that you are torn between helping him and your own situation.

I can't offer any help other than what craftlady said; call a rescue group in your area and see what they can do for you and him.

Just because you can't keep him doesn't mean he won't get help and a new home.

He will be eternally grateful!!

catmandu
09-02-2005, 08:36 AM
THTAS A GOOD IDEA,MAYBE A RESCUE GRUOP,WOULD HELP YOU,WITH THE VET BILLS,OR YOU CAN WORK OUT A DEAL,WITH THE VET,WHERE YOU COULD WORK,THE NEW CATS BILL,OFF,OR MAYBE,THESE PEOPLE,NEVER BOUGHT MEDS,FOR THIER CAT,AND JUST GAVE UP,ON HIM.

AND THE VET,COULD GIVE HIM SOMETHING,TO HELP,THAT POOR CAT.
BLESS YOU,FOR TAKING HIM IN.
AND WE ARE PRAYING,FOR THAT POOR CAT.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos929.jpg

sirrahbed
09-02-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh Naomi - I am sorry you are feeling so upset:( But, you have opened your heart and given a temporary home to this sweet cat. I cannot give anymore advice - just want to let you know I feel for your situation.:( Please update us about what you find out from the rescue groups OK??

slick
09-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Nomi: I've just now responded to the email you sent me.

I have a coworker in mind and she just lost Pashie to kidney failure this week. It may be too soon, but I'll check with her and let you know. I'll also put a sign up at work.

I know that as of a few weeks ago there was "no room at the inn" at my local Humane Society but will check again.

Bless you Nomi...you've got a heart of gold.

Craftlady: That's a great link but there is a shelter missing from the list. Nomi, it's in New West and I think it's the city pound. I will call them because I'm not sure if they will take a cat from Langley. You may just have to drive in and drop him off. More later.

Edit: Also need more info. Obviously he "sorta" gets along with other cats but how about dogs? Could you possible take a pic and email it to me?

As much as I've always wanted another orangie, I can't take him because of Max and Specks. Specks might be OK in time but Max would be very upset if I brought another kitty in here. Besides the Strata bylaw only allows 2 animals per condo. :(

sandragonfly
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM
nomi,

I'm doing the same thing now and I wish you good luck - I know you'll do your best.

lucky cat! :) hugs,
..gina

shais_mom
09-02-2005, 11:36 AM
thoughts on the way for you and the kitty

slick
09-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Unfortunately my coworker doesn't think he would fit in with her existing cat and dog but she is going to put the word out among her friends too. Something's bound to come up.

Nomilynn
09-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks Vic. Right now it's too hard to tell what he would be like around other cats because he's sooooo scared. He hisses at me a lot but he's never tried to bite or scratch. He's just terrified :( Poor little guy. His name is Tigger, by the way, and since he's six, that name might have to stick.

I will work on getting a picture.. I don't have a digi cam but I'll see what I can do.

CalliesMom
09-02-2005, 04:29 PM
:( Poor guy. I can't believe his owners would just want to put him down and he's got so much life yet. Thank you for being so kind as to bring him home and I hope everything works out trying to find him a home.

krazyaboutkatz
09-03-2005, 12:07 AM
Naomi, I'm so glad that you brought him home and I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts his way so that he'll be able to find a new loving forever home. I've been through this with 2 of my furkids and I'd never be able to put them down because this is a treatable condition. I also hope that your financial situation improves. Please continue to keep us updated and take care.

wolf_Q
09-03-2005, 12:12 AM
What a sad story. :( I'm glad you were able to save the poor guy. I hope he is able to find a home soon!

Nomilynn
09-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Thanks for being supportive. I am really questioning my decision to bring him here as if he does block again I can't afford to fix it :( The whole thing scares me to death. And the poor guy is terrified. Sigh. I just really hope he doesn't have fleas.. I didn't think about that beforehand and although Tilly and Nutmeg are treated with flea prevention, I would hate to have them in my house. Gross.

K & L
09-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Hopefully you're keeping him secluded from your other cats, then you won't have to worry so much about fleas etc. Is there anyone else you can pursuade to foster this guy that could afford to properly treat him? If you can't afford the medical treatment he needs, as much as this sounds cold, he would be better off not suffering. It is wonderful you rescued this guy and I wish you the best of luck finding him someone that can care and love him. Good luck!

Nomilynn
09-03-2005, 12:21 PM
I am keeping him in a separate room and there are no fleas yet. I'm kind of just watching the spots that he sleeps.. no fleas and no flea dirt.

Thankfully, right now he's not suffering, which is why I felt like I had to give him a chance. He wasn't blocked in the first place, and so I am trying diet right now. If I have to, I can give him subq fluids to keep him peeing. That is something I can even do at home. If he does block, then I have to consider his quality of life. Last night he was playing with some toys I took in there. He's still eating and he's getting more bold. I'm kind of just taking it one day at a time.

CalliesMom
09-03-2005, 12:25 PM
Thank you again for saving him. I know the whole money thing is stressful, but he was meant to have a second chance. You are a truly wonderful caring person. Take care of yourself and your kitties.

luvofallhorses
09-03-2005, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much for saving him! :)

K & L
09-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn
I am keeping him in a separate room and there are no fleas yet. I'm kind of just watching the spots that he sleeps.. no fleas and no flea dirt.

Thankfully, right now he's not suffering, which is why I felt like I had to give him a chance. He wasn't blocked in the first place, and so I am trying diet right now. If I have to, I can give him subq fluids to keep him peeing. That is something I can even do at home. If he does block, then I have to consider his quality of life. Last night he was playing with some toys I took in there. He's still eating and he's getting more bold. I'm kind of just taking it one day at a time.

Well it sounds like he's in good hands. One day at a time is the best way to handle this. Good luck with everything!

Nomilynn
09-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Tonight when I went in to check him he's a total love bug! He's starting to feel better and hating being cooped up. Does anyone want a very sweet orangie? I can take him across the border into Washington, too. Just needs a rabies shot.

rg_girlca
09-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Naomi, bless you for stepping in to help this poor kitty. You have a big heart.
I can't help you with taking the cat off your hands, but if there is anything I can do to help you, please don't hesitate to ask, okay. Just PM me if need be.

Nomilynn
09-04-2005, 03:50 PM
He is eating very well, drinking very well, and peeing regularly. This little guy NEEDS a home! If you know of anyone willing to take him please PM me. He will need to be an indoor kitty as he will have to only eat a special diet. He lived with children before but I've not seen him with any.. and he doesn't appear to like other cats too much but he desperately wants out of his little room.

moosmom
09-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Naomi,

Give me your address and I'll send you a tube of Advantage. My daughter originally bought it for her cat when we took her down to the beach, but never used it. I didn't have the heart to tell her she spent $14 for nothing. But now it's for a good cause!!

Donna

Nomilynn
09-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Tigger is doing quite well. I let him out of the room tonight just because I was curious.. other than some hissing he did very well. I think he would adjust to a multiple cat household rather well. Please keep the word out about him.. he needs a home!