PDA

View Full Version : Courage the beanie baby...

Crikit
03-08-2002, 10:36 PM
:o Yes you read right it says beanie baby and I hate to admit this but I actually bought one today as well as a few other things that I'm sure you guys don't really want to know about all I can say though is I love pay day...so do the dogs they get more treats on pay days because mom can go and stock up on treats for training, anyhoo as I was saying I bought a beanie baby, that was before I went off on a tangent which I seem to be doing quite a lot recently like now for instance, I can't help really this is just how I write and well talk actually :D

So the beanie baby's name is "Courage" in case anyone is wondering yes it is a dog beanie that's why I bought it that and well because Courage is an interesting beanie baby, it was made to honor the heroes who lost their lives on 9/11. So Courage is a GSD with an American flag on it me thinks he's supposed to be a search and rescue dog.

I just thought I would tell everyone and ask if anyone else has seen him or Pierre whose the red bear with the Canadian flag on him, he doesn't have anything special about him he's just a red bear with a Canadian flag on it which I thought was cool what with me being canadian and all...and see there I go again with all the tangent. :D

Uh yeah that's it....actually just had a sudden realization maybe I should change my nick from Crikit to talkative Tracy ;) ...actually nah forget that one

aly
03-08-2002, 11:09 PM
I have Pierre. I got him on a trip to Canada. Courage sounds COOL!!!!!!! I dont have many beanie babies but I do have a small collection of ones I bought as souveniers or received as gifts. I want to go buy Courage! How much do beanie babies cost anyway?

sammi
03-09-2002, 06:11 AM
I want one too! Will be looking for Courage when I go shopping. (wonder if you can buy him on the net?) I have 2 bean babies (of course dogs) Luke & Spunky one was born in 1997 & the other in 1998. :D

anna_66
03-09-2002, 06:18 AM
Where did you get courage? I would like to have one!:D

RachelJ
03-09-2002, 07:53 AM
I thought of collecting all the dog beanie babies, but never did. I do have Gigi, the black poodle, and Tiny, the Chihuahua .

AdoreMyDogs
03-09-2002, 08:56 AM
I had about 10 beanie babies at one point, but I gave most of them away to kids. If I see that Courage beanie baby I am buying it (unless it's too expensive)!!!

ShepherdLover
03-09-2002, 09:49 AM
I have Courage & Sarge (who is the other GSD beanie baby). I think they made a Dalmatian, too, in honor of the firefighters (I don't think there were any firefighter dogs). Courage is really neat! Altough he's brown & tan, not black & tan.

You can get Courage beanie babies off of eBay (http://www.ebay.com).

Crikit
03-09-2002, 01:04 PM
I got Courage from a place called abbingtons animals, I'm not sure if they exsist outside of Calgary but I only paid around 8 or 9 dollars for him that's in Canadian so I have no idea what it would be in the states or outside of Alberta for that matter because of the pst and gst that the other provinces have.

Cincy'sMom
03-09-2002, 03:14 PM
I used to be nuts about beanie babies..then I started getting just the dogs and now I can't even keep up with that!! I have seen Courage, but I was short on cash and opted for "Rescue" instead. This is a dalmation beanie with the flag on it and since Sadie's mom was a dlamation I went that way. I founf them both for $6, and I may try and see if they still have Courage after I get paid this week....

Kfamr
03-09-2002, 03:38 PM
I have TONS of beanies! i have alot of kittie beanies too.. and some doggie ones!

Dixieland Dancer
03-10-2002, 07:42 AM
I was hit with the BEANIE craze before Y2K came along. I collected all the bears and dogs (of course!) and a few other ones that I felt were soooooo cute. When TY (the makers of beanies) announced they were no longer going to make beanies and retired all the current ones I was one of the ones who JUST HAD TO HAVE the bear named "THE END". Then after the Y2K stuff didn't hit and they announced they were going to start making them again, I got disgusted and said "Make all you want but you don't get another penny from me."

Anyway, I have over 125 beanie's and now I look back and think how crazy I was. Courage sounds great but I will keep my addictive nature away. If anyone wants some beanies that are just collecting dust in my house, please let me know! LOL

Gepansy
03-12-2002, 06:53 PM
I have about 50 beanies:D ...the other day I did happen to see Courage, I almost got him, but ended up getting a different one.

jackiesdaisy1935
03-12-2002, 07:10 PM
I have quite a lot of Beanie's, yes ole Nanna me, and they are all dogs. Dogs were the only ones I collected and my family got for me. I never did find out if they had a Schnauzer. They are stored away during the year and at Christmas I bring them all out and I have a ceramic christmas tree with dogs as ornaments. I put the tree up with the dogs all around it and I have a sleigh with two beanie reindeer and a beanie Santa. Yes, of course my family thinks I'm bonkers, but so what? LOL
It's like bringing out the dog family at Christmas time.
Jackie

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-13-2002, 07:14 AM
I never got into the Beanie Baby craze. I was a Junior in high school when it all happened. I was busy with other things.

I do have Courage though. Andrew bought it for me coz he knew how I love SAR dogs and how much 9/11 had effected me.

Dixieland Dancer
03-13-2002, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
I do have Courage though. Andrew bought it for me coz he knew how I love SAR dogs and how much 9/11 had effected me.

Andrew is very thoughtful! He sounds like a wonderful person and a GReat Husband! You are very blessed!

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-13-2002, 07:27 AM
Thank you Candy. I am blessed. Very much so.
Psst, you also broke 1000! I missed it :rolleyes:

03-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Hey Crikit.....

I have been a bad pettalker for a long time... I don't write much on here and trying to catch up is futile! But, I saw your topic today and just had to respond...

First off, don't EVEN get me started on beanie babies!! YIKES! I have a ton of them but I mostly collect the bears. I was over at my boyfriend's sister's house yesterday and she is the same way I am about beanies... well we went online to TY.com and saw Courage and America. You can only buy them online so we did!! One of each for each of us. I completely fell in love with Courage. He will be my treasure, I'm sure of that.

I have a lot more bears that I still need to get... like the Canada bear and Germania and Britannia... anyway, I know this should be about dogs - sorry folks. It started off that way with Courage!! He is the symbolic beanie of all the rescue dogs from 9/11.