PDA

View Full Version : Squishy...

animal_rescue
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I've been fostering a female guinea pig for a couple of days(she's leaving tomorrow) and Squishy has been going crazy over her! Now her cage was on the other side of the room of Squishy and since it was so nice out they spent these days in their cages outside, far away from Each other, but Squishy has been ahem doing stuff in his cage and out comes ahem stuff that is all on the side of the cage. He's done it three times now and I want to know that even though Sophia is going to her new home, will he continue to do this? Will neutering stop this? I haven't neutered him for a couple of reasons. 1. I don't keep any female guinea pigs I foster and 2. there are no stray guinea pigs running around my neighborhood. Well, now I don't want him to continue this so what do you guys think?

Jessika
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
I do believe he will stop once she is gone. I'm assuming she is not fixed either, and perhaps she may be in heat? Males sometimes go a little crazy even just being around a female and will display behavior like that. It's just... nature's way!