PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is a big day!

catnapper
09-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Miss Poopy Butt (aka Angel) is going to see a brand new vet at a brand new vet hospital!

I am nervous and excited at the same time. The vet I REALLY wanted to see is not available for at least a week (he's on vacation -- my luck! :rolleyes: ) and they tried to give me Dr.B who has been known to eat up foster moms and spit them out. I told the rescue "NO! I can't take that treatment! I had enough of that with Dr. C at the other clinic!" so they called and got me in with another vet that is just as good as the vet on vacation. Whew!

So please everyone.... pray that we get some answers!

Look at this beautiful face!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/Skilesg/MissPoopyButt.jpg
She just wants love and to be healthy! The poor thing gets even more lovey when her tummy hurts, which is exactly when youre hesitant to give her love for fear of walking away covered in poo :(

Anyway, the Royal Canin was a bust. She got leakier on that (if you can believe that!) and do you know what she's been eating and doing well on? the NUTRO KITTEN! This is the same exact stuff she REFUSED to eat two months ago. Now that Flutter's sisters are here and eating it, she's suddenly interested in it! :rolleyes:There must be a virus of some kind affecting the little ones. Not the big guys because they have full, healthy immune systems, but the little ones aren't old and strong enough to have developed full immune systems to fight off whatever virus it might be.

Well, we'll find out tomorrow what's going on! Please pray we do!!! :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2005, 04:35 PM
I hope the new vet can give you some answers! Nothing is worse than having a sick furbaby paired with a vet who is a total jerk.

*cuddles* with Angel...if I didn't have my hands full with Onyx butt (and I lived closer lol) I would at least help you out with the little ones and take a couple in. Bless you for taking in those sweet kitten girls. Thanks to you they have the oportunity for a very good life filled with lots of love!

CalliesMom
09-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I feel so bad for you and Angel not being able to figure out what's what with her..poor leaky butt girl. I truly hope this new vet is able to get you the answers you need because she shouldn't have to feel icky for this long. (((((HUGS))))

furrykidsmother
09-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Of course! Good thoughts, well wishes and prayers heading your way!

Craftlady
09-01-2005, 05:32 PM
Good Luck at the new vet.
Yeah for Nurtro food :)
I swear by it for it cleared up Skinny's coccida problems.

jenluckenbach
09-01-2005, 06:08 PM
GOOD, no GREAT luck at the vet tomorrow!!!

catmandu
09-01-2005, 06:14 PM
THE FOUND CATS,STARRY CATS,AND ANGELS,ARE ROTING,FOR ANGEL,THAT SHE CAN GET,TO THE BOTTOM,OF WHAT IS CAUSING HER PROBLEMS,AND TAHT SHE SOON,WILL BE A WELL,AND HAPPY CAT.
MUNCHKIN ANGEL,WILL BE ANGELS GUARDIAN CAT,TOMORROW,SO ANGEL,IS NOT,AS NERVOUS.
GOOD LUCK.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture704.jpg

momcat
09-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Looking forward to a post with GREAT news from the vet tomorrow. I sure hope this one is one of the good white coats!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
09-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Prayers and pawsitive thoughts headed Angels way! :)

G535
09-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Poor little kitty, I really hope that they find out what's wrong and fix it yesterday!

catnapper
09-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Well, we are back form the vet, and she has CAMPY!!!!

I hpe this is all. If it is, then she'll be better in a few days and good as new in 10. If not, back to the vet we go. Poor thing hates to be medicated, and now I have to give her meds 3 times a day. I don't know who hates it more, me or her! :D

Now, I'll be a little peeved if it was only Campy all along. How did the vet miss that with the 100 fecals I asked them to do? With the two observations? The SEVERAL DIRECTS I requested?

Ok, Kim, stop ranting, just breathe. It'll be all right. As long as she gets healthy, right? the ultimate goal is to get her healthy and adopted.

kittycats_delight
09-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Let's hope this vet diagnosed Angel right and she will be all better in a little bit. All toes, fingers, paws and whiskers are crossed for that sweet little girl. Wouldn't it be great if she can be fully cured in 10 days. Then maybe she can go to that new home you approve of. :)

furrykidsmother
09-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I sure hope that is it and that she will be all better in 10 days. Fingers, paws and whiskers crossed.

jenluckenbach
09-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I sure hope that is the answer!

RedHedd
09-02-2005, 04:15 PM
OK I'll play dumb ... actually I'm just asking a stupid question because I don't know what Campy is .... what is it?

CalliesMom
09-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
OK I'll play dumb ... actually I'm just asking a stupid question because I don't know what Campy is .... what is it?

LOL I thought the same thing. Glad to hear you migh have a proper diagnosis.

prechrswife
09-02-2005, 04:23 PM

Glad you asked first...:) ;)

kittycats_delight
09-02-2005, 04:36 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what campy is. I didn't want to ask and sound dumb. I figured I would try to search it up online or in one of my cat books.

catnapper
09-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Ooops... sorry folks. I thought you all knew what it was; I have had oodles of experience with campy. Its official name is campylobacter. Its a bacteria in salmonilla family. Nasty little bug! Both Harry and Abby came to me with it. Then they got it again 6 months later when we fostered Murphy and Katrina. It has a smell unlike any other. Apparently my litter has been doing a FABULOUS job of odor control because I honestly never smelled the campy smell. Oh, I smelled poop smell, but I think its just permiated the house at this point.

Driving home, Angel went potty in her carrier.... wooooboy! I had to open ALL the windows and she cried her heart out and looked up at me with the most pitiful look. :( She didn't want to be in that carrier with all that poo! I hate to admit it, but at the light, I took her out and put her on the car seat next to me. I can't imagine how she must have felt sitting IN the carrier next to it. I closed that window but a left it cracked a wee bit and she was so good the remainder of the ride. Man, I tell you, it WREAKS in my car hours later. I have to give credit to my litter! And here I was all this time banging my head thinking my litter WASN'T helping control odor! LOL

momcat
09-02-2005, 06:51 PM
Don't feel bad, fellow PTers, I also had no idea what "campy" was.Thanks for explaining, Catnapper. How serious is the problem? Even if the meds do the trick will Angel have any long term or permanent effects from it? Such a sweet kitty, I sure hope not!!!