PDA

View Full Version : Bed Hoggers

sweet_stormy
03-08-2002, 05:40 PM
My dog Snowball loves to sleep either at the end of my bed or on the pillows above my head. Smokey (my bro's cat) likes to sleep next to my head (I think he wants to keep guard of my light so he can get the fly). Stormy (my princess kitty) usually sleeps at the corner that Snowball sleeps at. They are BED HOGGERS!:D :)

LoudLou
03-12-2002, 11:50 PM
We have "Bed Hoggers" Too!!! Every night it's like we play the game Twister... Told my Husband the other night I need Polka-Dotted sheets!!!:D

sweet_stormy
03-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Now I know Im not the only one with "Bed Hoggers"! Y would u need polka dotted sheets?:confused:

Crikit
03-13-2002, 06:18 PM
hehehe polka dotted sheets, right back paw to blue...left front paw to yellow...tail to red..:D

Smudge and Winter always hog the bed, except for today when I refused to get out of bed. Usually I have to make sure I can get to the bed first, stake out my spot and then let them up otherwise I end up diagonal and in a little ball or as a pillow for the two of them, which can end up being really hot :D

sweet_stormy
03-13-2002, 06:27 PM
Sometimes I have to rush to bed also or Snowball will claim her spot at the top of the bed and it is hard to get her away from it. Im glad I dont have to play Twister with my dog every night. That would be exausting.

Snowy's Mom
04-12-2002, 07:33 AM
My little Snowman is a bed hogger!

When my fiance and I go to sleep, he has to sleep right in between us...it is so cute. So I just usually end up squashed on the end, but I don't mind at all!

Snowy's Mom
04-12-2002, 07:35 AM
I have a feeling that we all like the winter months on this post--
Snowman, Snowball and Winter!

If I have a human son, I am going to name him Winter.

nsweezie
04-13-2002, 06:57 AM
Boy can I relate! My two cats have their own beds next to mine, as does my dog. Most of the time they will sleep in their own beds, but there are times when they want to sleep RIGHT next to me. It makes things pretty crowded.
Pugsley the dog is the worst too, if you try to move her even an inch she wakes up and give me the most angry look, and then moves back to where she was.
Still, I wouldn't really change anything!

sweet_stormy
04-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Thank you all for replying to my post. It is nice to see that other people have the same things happen to them that I do. For example, bed hoggers. Thanx again for replying to my post!:)

Cincy'sMom
04-17-2002, 03:25 PM
Cincy prefers to sleep on the floor in her own bed, but Sadie loves to hog the bed!!! She likes to sleep under the covers, between Ralph and I, with her head on my legs. If she gets too hot, she comes out fromunder the covers and curls up on top of the covers, but still between us....and if she thinks we have not lef ther enough room bewtween us, she will try to sleep on top of me!

sweet_stormy
04-25-2002, 02:53 PM
That is so funny. I dont know what to say. I think you need to teach her manners. LOL!:D

Cincy'sMom
04-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Yeah, she could use a little work on a few things...like waiting for us to take her out instead of constantly "insisting".(She LOVES to be outside!) The bed thing, she just wants to be close to her pack. She is a great dog though and over all had decent manners :)

sweet_stormy
04-28-2002, 02:50 PM
i think our little critters just want to be close to their family. They dont want to be lonely.

mollymc
04-29-2002, 01:59 PM
Oh, bed hogs....a subject "close" to my own heart...and all the rest of me! Two years ago, after my mother passed away, her kittie, Merlin, started joining me and my kittie "CJ" in bed. I had a standard double bed that was just fine for me and CJ, who was very good at stretching from one side to the other...diagonally! Add 15 lb. Merlin (who also snored) and there was no room left for me. After the 3rd night of little sleep, I finally got up and went to the recliner. Not 5 minutes went by and I was joined, first by CJ (wrapped around my neck like a stole) and then Merlin, pinning down my legs until they were numb. I finally got up, showered, drove to the nearest Mattress store, waited 30 minutes for it to open and bought a king size bed. When the owner asked why I had chosen to switch from full to king size when only one person slept in the bed, (which I thought was more than a bit personal) I could only laugh hysterically! I thought I would have all the room in the world, but it's absolutely amazing...two cats still take up the entire bed! Merlin passed away last summer, but his legacy has been taken up just fine by CJ's new sister, Bubba, and I swear, Merlin's spirit must still remain, because Bubba sleeps in the exact same position as he did.
Syl, CJ & Bubba

moosmom
05-13-2002, 08:12 PM
I have 6 bed hoggers that jockey for position every single night. When it was time to get a new bed, I opted for a queen size. From the looks of it, I may have to upgrade to king size (NOT!!). I've also learned to be a contortionist sleeper. Not very comfortable but at least the cats are happy.

PerfectLittleAngel
05-28-2002, 05:16 PM
U r right! my cocker (not that big) hoggs the bed!1 and to top it off he snores!! and farts!! Yuck lol

mel55smiles
06-01-2002, 09:26 PM
LONNIE MY RAT TERRIER DOES THAT SHE GRADUALLY PUSHES ME OVER.. THINKS SHES A SNEAKY LIL THING SHE DOES~

PerfectLittleAngel
06-02-2002, 08:26 AM
excaly!!:p