PDA

View Full Version : Oliver and Mr. B's Big Adventure

tatsxxx11
03-08-2002, 05:10 PM
I was sitting her at the computer, gazing over at my dozing Oliver, snuggled on the electric blanket, and thought I'd share his, and his brother's big day!

Today was Oliver's turn to get packed into the port-a-prison and visit Dr. Paul. Mr. B went along for the ride, as he's been a bit wheezy lately. (He has asthma and a heart condition:( ) Well, the visit went well, I'm happy to say!! They are both SUCH loves and don't so much as raise a whisker or paw, no matter what Dr. Paul does to them! He calls them the Gumby Cats!!:) Seems Mr. B needs to cut back on the vittles a bit more to reduce any strain on his cardio-vasc. system, and was given a 1/2 dose of steroids for his breathing.

Though both are strictly indoor kitties, that scampster Oliver never gives up trying to prance out the door with his doggie sisters!!:eek: He just adores them, and thinks he's part of their pack! And SNEAKY!!!!!!!!! No matter how well I think I've scoped out the area, as I open the porch door to "let out the dogs," there he is between my legs! Once or twice, in a flash, he pranced right out, but didn't go but a foot or two! So, in an abundance of caution, Dr. Paul suggested we get him vaccinated for feline leukemia and have him microchipped JUST IN CASE!! Poor baby. The doc. said he might be sleepy from the vaccinations. Well, he hasn't moved from my bed for 7 hours now! And they had to shave his beautiful, fluffy fur to chip him. Such trauma!!:D He was so distressed....Would Olivia still love the shaven Oliver? After all, she does refer to him as her "knight in furry armor!!" What a brave little boy!

Meanwhile, Mr. B is patroling the counter, looking at me with that "I'm starving" stare and pleading meoooooooow! Glad to report too, that he's breathing a lot easier now! Well, that's our day! How I love my boys!!!

lynnestankard
03-08-2002, 05:15 PM
It's all go isn't it Sandra - being the Mummy of furbabies!

Oh brave boy Oliver - I'll bet Olivia will be so proud - and of course all the beautiful fur will grown back - won't it Spencer? - Errr .....Spencer? Then she'll adore him even more.

Glad Mr. B's breathing is easier - he'll be able to miaooooowwwwww - even longer now - won't he!!!:rolleyes:

Lynne

PS Anyone heard how Spencer's doing - fur wise??!!:D

Pam
03-08-2002, 07:00 PM
Sandra it sounds like you and the boys had a nice outing today. I hope it was nice and sunny like it was here. I am so glad to hear that Mr. B is breathing better. Good thing he has a "nurse mommy" to look after him. It sounds like his appetite is still intact. Trevor says he can relate! :D

Oh Oliver, I bet you are just trying to escape out the door to make your way to your lovely Olivia. I think it might be safer, little one, to confine your amorous adventures to the written page......er....screen for now. Maybe someday you and Olivia will meet, furry face to furry face, but for now she must remain your fantasy kitty. ;)

Logan
03-08-2002, 10:07 PM
What good boys they are, Sandra! :)

Oliver is a mild mannered Butter....just wants to be where the "big" kids are!! :)

I'm glad Mr. B is better.....the D-I-E-T word is almost as bad as a cuss word around here.....thank goodness the cats haven't got that problem. In fact, my only worry is that Mimi is too thin!! Butter is a heavyweight, but only muscle, no fat on him. He's far too active to ever have an ounce of fat!! LOL!!!

Lilly sends her sympathy to Mr. B. But it is best....too bad they can't understand that!! :D

tatsxxx11
03-09-2002, 09:31 AM
My Oliver still isn't feeling himself. He's still sleeping! Got up this morning but wouldn't eat. Finally drank a little water and is back sleeping on my bed. I'm sad and worried that he was too traumatized by the microchipping (that needle gauge is large!!!) and that the feline leuk. vac. really knocked him for a loop. (He never even whinced!) Mommy's sorry my little OlliePitsterMan....:( (As for the nickname....don't ask!;)) I know he'll be fine; still, if you have the time, just a few little teeny weeny well wishes for Oliver, please.

lynnestankard
03-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Oh poor Oliver - I do feel sorry for you poor lickle furbaby!!

He'll feel better soon - Sandra - whenever Bagel has her shots she's very sleepy for two days - I leave her to snooze and honestly two days later - she's up and about!!:D :D

A warm bed and some water nearby - I bet he's looping the loop by Monday :D :D

Lots of nose kisses and tummy rubs winging their way over the miles to lickle Oliver xxxx

Lynne

tatsxxx11
03-09-2002, 04:41 PM
Thanks Lynne! He's still poopy and not eating yet. I called the vet and they said it's not uncommon for them to sleep for 24hrs. following this vac. He drank water, so that's good! Should he vomit, they said to call tonight, anytime, but felt he should be fine tomorrow! Your kind words were very appreciated!! Love to you and Bagel!!:)

Gio
03-12-2002, 07:11 AM
Sandra, how is Oliver doing? By the way you can have all the well wishes that you want, even huge ones :)

tatsxxx11
03-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Ahhhhhhh, thanks Gio! Oliver finally WOKE UP late Sunday!!!!!!:eek: He really had me frantic there for bit! Now, he's happily herding his canine sisters around the house, eating with abandon and having "crazy kitty hour" every night!!:D They shaved a BIG area of his fuzzy fur coat when they micro-chipped him~ His skin is so soft and warm! Mom kisses his boo-boo every day!:rolleyes: What a nut case I am!! Thank you so much for your concern, sweet Gio! I think about you and your family so often!! Oliver and Mr. B send their love as well!

wolflady
03-12-2002, 04:56 PM
Awww, Oliver...so glad to hear that you're up and about after your excursion to visit the white coat!!! Both a shot AND a microchipping...no wonder he was a little bit down for the count:( Poor guy, but he's tough!!! :D :D I'm so happy to hear that he is feeling better.
Mr. B....bless his little cat heart!!! I can relate to the cutting down on vittles for both Marius and Scooter!!! Give them both lots of head butts and scritches for me!!!:D

LoudLou
03-12-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by tatsxxx11
.... What a nut case I am!!

... No more than the rest of us, so you are in good company!;)

Glad that Oliver is feeling much better. Lots of loves and headbumpies to Mr. B, too.... we all know its no fun when we have to cut back on those snackies..;)

tatsxxx11
03-12-2002, 06:57 PM
The Olive Pitster Man is sitting on my lap, playind editor! He would like to thank you all for being such extra special pals! Love and purrrrrs and sweet licks from Oliver and Mr. B!

lynnestankard
03-13-2002, 04:34 AM
Oh goody Sandra - so pleased Oliver is up and about being his old self:) :) Nut case - what nut case?:D
So please give him and Mr B great sloppy nose kisses from across the miles xxxxxx

Lynne

AmberLee
03-13-2002, 10:24 PM
My furry delight,

Mommy just told me you were at the White Coats and had an 'owwie'. How I wish I were there to cuddle you and make it better with a little slurpy lick. I had the same chippie thing last summer. Didn't think my fur would ever grow back, but it's been fine for months -- when you see my picture, does the clippie spot even show? Mommy says it doesn't (but can human REALLY tell?) We now have one more thing in common, my treasured snugglebunny! How romantic!!!

I've been so frantic nursing Mommy recently, climbing into her arms and purring her coughies away... I've been begging for stories of how my darling Oliver is. I had no idea you were having a health crisis, too, my precious! So glad that you are back to your nimble, athletic self again. Mommy has new pictures of me, looking adorable. We must find a way to get them posted -- I like this as a way to feel even closer to you, beloved.

Your devoted Jewel-iette,
Livvy

P.S. Mommy's started calling me her 'Lovely, Lively Livvy'. What do you think of that, you handsome furry delight? (You are STILL my knight in furry armor, silly!)

AmberLee
03-15-2002, 12:44 PM
Oliver,

Are you all the way better yet, my furry delight? You've worried your Jewel-iette!

Dreaming of my Romeo!
Livvy

yorkster
03-15-2002, 10:48 PM
Oh Sandra- I just saw this thread. I've been so distracted with Kedi the last several days.
Anyway, so glad to hear that Oliver is back to normal now. I have been thinking about getting my kittys microchipped too. Especially Kedi because he is a REAL DOOR-DASHER! :eek: and we live quite near a busy street.

Your vet saying your kittys are 'gumby cats' is so funny!
:D :D ;)

tatsxxx11
03-19-2002, 05:41 PM
Thanks so kindly Yorkster and AmberLee and Livvy! The "Knight" is doing just fine. But I need your prayers for my 12 year old beauty Mr. B (a.k.a. Buddy, Beaster, the Easter Beaster, the Polar Beaster{depending on the season, you get it:)} B Boy, "B")

Last week when the boys went for their big adventure, I had Dr. Paul check "B's" respirations. He was breathing loudly; not with his mouth open, but through his nostrils. I could hear him across the room!! His lungs were a little wheezy, but not too bad. Still, he was given a small dose of steroids for his asthma. Starting Sunday, he sneezed incessantly. I mean every 2-3 seconds for minutes at a time, over a period of hours. I called the "on call" vet (not mine or my hospital's) and she said it was probably the dry heat in the house and to put on a humidifier or put him in the bathroom with me while I took a shower! By Monday his sneezing was much better and he was sleeping most of the day. By the evening, the sneezing began again with tearing eyes (and I mean real "tears" coming down his cheeks) runny, drippy nose and sniffling. I called my vet who was in emergency surgery. Long story short, it was a long wait; we left the vet's office at 11:30 pm!! Seems Mr. B has a bad cold. I feared that, as I had heard once that colds could be fatal to cats!! Dr. Paul said that it can be very serious, but those cases are usually seen in young kittens. Mr. B is was give an injection of Amoxicillin, and Clavamox tablets to take for a period of 10 days. He seems better today, but is still a little sneezy and sniffly; he face looks like ours does when we have a bad head cold:( Poor B, he hasn't purred in 3 days, and he is one big bruiser of a purrring machine. Anyway, thanks for listening. Anyone else have experience with kitty flu? All prayers greatly appreciated. Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver.

wolflady
03-19-2002, 06:40 PM
Oh good heavens! Our prayers are on the way for Mr. B!! Bless his little kitty heart!! No purring!! He must be feeling icky...and having to take pills? Yikes! How is the cat pill-popping coming along?? Do I need to post the infamous How to Give a Cat a Pill set of instructions for you??:o :)
What a bad cold! I certainly hope he's feeling better with the medication he's on.
Let us know how he's doing, and I'm thinking about you and your fur family!!
**hugs**
Karen

momoffuzzyfaces
03-19-2002, 06:58 PM
PLEASE, GET WELL SOON MR. B.
Mr. B. and you are on our prayer list. I went the sniffles route with mine last year. They are like little kids, when one gets it, the others do too. Leonardo has allergies that act just like a cold and takes an antihistimine when it acts up. Poor Leonardo just hates it when I have to wipe his runny nose. He has such a jucy sneeze too. Cats can catch colds just like people. When my dad was a boy, he had a cat who caught the mumps. I didn't believe it until I saw a picture.

Anyway, we all hope Mr. B. gets to feeling his wonderful self soon.:)

Pam
03-19-2002, 06:59 PM
Sandra what awful news. I have never heard of a kitty with a cold and it sounds terrible. Poor poor Mr. B!!!! I wonder if he has the body aches that we humans get with a bad cold. I bet the poor widdle guy just is feeling real low if he can't even muster up a purr!!! Here goes yet another Pet Talk sweetie pie on the prayer list. At least he's got a good momma standing right there to administer her special brand of TLC nursing. Please do keep us posted. Trevor and Andy are distraught over this and send him their very best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Logan
03-19-2002, 07:27 PM
My goodness, Mr. B!! Whatcha doing getting your mama all worried like this?? Poor boy. I do hope Dr. Paul has found the trick and is going to get you better. You are not the first kitty I have heard of to catch a cold. I know one of our members, Xena, has experienced this. I think I will email her so she can come help your mama out with understanding this. :( I'm so sorry you're feeling bad, Mr. B. I do hope your motor will start running soon. I know your mom and Oliver miss hearing it. :)

Sandra, when you first started describing his symptoms, I thought of Mimi and the sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes from a couple of years ago. After all the worry, medication, etc, turned out she had a blade of grass caught in her pallate (sp?) and once he got that out, she was fine. But I had no idea what to think at the time, and was worried to death.

What these "kids" do to us is just like having a "skin kid" for those of you who haven't experienced that! :D

Prayers for Mr. B coming from South Carolina. Get well soon, sweetie. :)

tatsxxx11
03-19-2002, 07:43 PM
Thanks everbuddy....I'm going to go tell the Beaster that lots of extry special people are pulling for him. He just took his place on the couch for a little Animal Planet. No purrrrs yet:( And I just gave him his pill so he's not too happy with his mama. He just had a few sneezeys, but no teary eyes:) Still, you can tell he's feeling poorly. Paws to heaven that tomorrow will be brighter. Thank you so much for caring about my B Boy. He's such a kind, gentle giant. (17lbs as of last night:eek: ) And you have no idea how much reading your words meant to me Chuck. Mr. B has a thing for Garbo, you know!!;) Love to my friends, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

yorkster
03-19-2002, 07:49 PM
:(
Oh, Sandra. I am so sorry to hear about Mr. B now. Your kitties have been keeping you busy (and worried) lately. :eek:

My Kedi, who has the heart/breathing problems like your Mr. B, has always had problems with cold- type syptoms, and I wonder if there is a conection???

Anyway, it's good to hear that he seems to be feeling better now :D
Keep us up to date on his progress!

Gio
03-20-2002, 05:01 AM
Dear Sandra,

I'm so sorry that Mr B is sick. My Gigio had cat flu when he was about 2 years old. It was over 17 years ago and the only thing I can remember is that he was quite bad. As you know though he lived to be 19 and luckily he had no sign of the disease at all. I will pray that it will be the same for dear Mr B.

Please give him a hug from me.
Gio

lynnestankard
03-20-2002, 05:05 AM
Sandra - so sorry to hear Mr B's not feeling his usual happy purry self and can only hope the magic medicine from Dr Paul is doing it's stuff. Lots of love, prayers and cuddles (for both of you) winging across the miles. Hope the Purr Machine is soon back in good working order :D

Lynne

auggie
03-20-2002, 06:03 AM
Poor sweet mr. B, I hope you're feeling much better today. Auggie has been sneezing not stop in the last few days. Guess it's time for the dreaded trip to the vet.

Pam
03-20-2002, 06:18 AM
Any purrs today Sandra? How is the sweetie pie feeling this morning?

purrley
03-20-2002, 07:45 AM
OH NO Mr. B - you gotta a nasty cold like so many of us you poor purdy - get feelin better lovey -you're Momma's worried sick!!
Hope you're feeling better today sweet thing!!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-20-2002, 01:16 PM
Oh no! Sooo sorry to hear about Mr. B. :( Yes, he must be feeling bad if he isn't purring, poor thing. I have no experience with colds in cats. I have heard that they can get them, but I had no idea they were this serious. :( Tubby and Peanut send special nose kisses, with an extra snuggle and hug from Peanut for her Maine Coon pal. 17 lbs! Whew, he must really be a purring machine when he's feeling good. :)

Please keep us updated on his progress.

Oh, and Karen, I would like to see the "infamous How to Give a Cat a Pill set of instructions." I try and get Tubby when he's sleeping and quick slip it in before he knows what's going on, but sometimes it's not quite that easy. :rolleyes:

GET BETTER MR. B!!!!

Edwina's Secretary
03-20-2002, 01:51 PM
A couple of weeks ago Edwina was sneezing, had a tearing eye, and was in general low energy. I got so worried during the day after doing some research -- with the help of people here, I decided to leave work and go home (:rolleyes: creative excuse -- it was a Friday!) By the time I got home her eye had cleared and she was perky again.

I don't know if it was a cold or she has allergies (like me) but she is fine now. I will discuss it with her vet next month though.

My thoughts are with Mr B!

tatsxxx11
03-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. It means so much. I told Mr. B about all of his friends out there in PT land, and he weakly lifted a paw and tapped my face to express his thanks. He is such a love "B.":) I don't know if it was wishful thinking, or if I was dreaming, but last night as Mr. B and me snuggled to sleep, I swear I remember him purrring, and how happy I was. Sadly today, no purrrrs.:( Good news is that he has only sneezed a few times; eyes are barely tearing. But, he still he seems SO lethargic. He naps all day, though not contentedly, if you can imagine what I mean. Dr. Paul, the dear that he is, called me last night at 9:45pm!!! He reassured me that most adult cats come through a URI just fine. But, it has to run it's course, about a week or a little more, and emphasized that they will look and act poopy; just like we do when we feel sick. He said that it is most important to monitor his intake. Should he stop eating, I am to call him STAT!! and bring him in for exam. So far, while not chowing down his usual amts., he is eating small amts. fairly freq. and drinking his water. Right now he has taken his position on the couch. I am going to go down there now and sit with him to see if comes to his usual spot by my side and maybe....just a purrrr or two. Thanks so much for helping me keep my spirits up! You're terrific. Ok if I give Mr. B a kiss from you guys? Every night, with all of the animals, I get down on their level and whisper in their ears...."Do you know who loves you??????" I'd like to tell B-Boy you all do!:) I'll let you know how he's doing tomorrow; or, if there is any dramatic change! Love, Sandra, B., and Oliver

momoffuzzyfaces
03-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Poor Mr. B. Leonardo says get well quick. He is having allergy problems and the sneezies too. He says not to worry. It's hard to purr with a sore throat. He's mad now because he had to take a pill too. His should clear up when we get a good rain which should be soon. We are glad Mr. B. has such a caring vet. Keep us posted please.

LoudLou
03-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Spencer/Chuck- so GOOD to see your words!!! Garbo looks like a cat my Mom had - Named "Erma Big Bombs" (cause of what she did in the litterbox:o ) Garbo is very cute!

Mr. B- Hope your feeling back to your self soon. It's no fun when our little furry buddies are under the weather.

Former User
03-21-2002, 03:17 AM
Sandra, how is Mr. B this morning? Poor boy, we have been and continue to keep our paws and fingers crossed for your sweet boy!

(((((((((Mr. B)))))))))

lynnestankard
03-21-2002, 05:13 AM
Good morning Sandra - Was wondering if there were any purrs audible yet? :) OF COURSE - he must have 'night-'night kisses or how will he know we're all out here thinking of him?!! And little baby nose kisses xxxxx in profusion. Hope you both had a good night and he's feeling a bit perkier.

Lynne

Gio
03-21-2002, 05:13 AM
Ok if I give Mr. B a kiss from you guys?

Sandra, if I could be there in person I would not be content with just one kiss, I would smother him :D

Pam
03-21-2002, 05:43 AM
Sandra just checking in to see how Mr. B is feeling today. Any purrs overnight? Any sign of improvement in your sweetie? I'm glad he knows his fellow furkids are wishing him a speedy recovery. If Trevor and Andy had better penmanship they would send him a card. :D Kisses to Mr. B and lots of get well wishes from our house to yours!!!!!

tatsxxx11
03-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Leonardo, Edwina, all of my Pet Talk pals, furry and human...thanks lots and lots for worrying bout me. Guess what?? I feel LOTS better today. Nary a sniffle, and I'm eating pretty good and taking those yucky pills, AND guess what??? I serenaded mommy with a purrrrfest this afternoon! Boy, did she smile! My eyes still get a little weepy, but mommy wipes them away, kisses me, and makes it all better. I got human tuna today and a special get well toy from mom; I'm saving it till I get all my strength back, though. It's a squeaking mousey hanging from a fishing pole:) I can't wait! Well, that's my update. Thanks so much for all yer prayers and get well wishes. I know that's what got me better so quick!!:) And Leonardo, Edwina, PLEASE you guys feel better soon too, ok?? Love and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrs and nose nibbies to all my extry special Pet Talk pals. Your friend, Mr. B

AmberLee
03-21-2002, 06:21 PM
Hi, Mr. "B"e feeling better real soon,

Headbumpies and snugglies from my windowseat to your couch. So sorry to hear you're not feeling wonderfuls. May my darling Oliver give you snugglies for me.

Warm wishes,
Olivia/Livvy

P.S. Oliver, you are magnificent. Hope you are healthy, too, now. Lovies!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-21-2002, 06:26 PM
Mr. B., Leonardo here. It's so good to hear you is better. Mom kept lookin and lookin for news of you today and was getting worried. She's like that. I still sneezin and watery eyes. I have to take a yuckki pill too. I gets a yummie vitamine too. I like those. All the dust in the dry air makes my alergies go nuts. Mom bought me my own air cleaner. It helps lots. Gotta go Moms comin. She don't know I can do puter. Glad you is better.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-22-2002, 12:33 PM
Oh, Mr. B, sooo glad you're feeling better!:) And I know your mom really appreciated your little purrfest. She worries so about you.

Enjoy your tuna and have a lot of fun with your new toy when you're up to it.

It's a good day in Pet Talk Land! :)

RachelJ
03-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Oh, Your B-ness , I can really sympathize with you since I got me a cold/flu thingy too. Thanks for giving your mom some purrrs to ease her mind. We all know how she worries about the B. Tell her that she just got to let you B so you can recoup your energy all in due time and B back to the best B that could ever B.

lynnestankard
03-22-2002, 02:47 PM
Oh good boy Mr B., knew you'd be up and about soon. :) :) So pleased you had the energy to do a little on the 'puter! Clever boy xxxx. And I bet Mummy really enjoyed the little purrrrfest yesterday xxx.

Wishing you lots more tuna, head bumpies, neck scratchies and nose kisses xxxx.

Lynne

gini
03-22-2002, 03:00 PM
I just finished off a huge project and sent it out by messenger, so now I am treating myself to catching up on some of the threads.

Oh Mr. B. it was touch and go there for a while. I know how very worried your Mom has been about you. But it sounds as though you are well on your way back to good health and ready to pounce on that new toy.

Purrs...........there isn't anything quite like them - they make everyone very happy! Snuggle on the couch with Mom and give her some more!!

shais_mom
03-23-2002, 12:25 AM
MR. B! I came in late to this topic, but I am so glad the kidz are doing better especially Mr. B! How scary. Keep us posted, hugs and kisses to you!

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone. I can't believe this, BUT, guess who's sneezing now!!!!:( Yes, the "furry Knight has broken out the kleenex box!) No watery eyes yet, or lethary, and he's eating well and playing gleefully, so I'll hold off on a trip back to the vet's till I see what tomorrow brings! Oy!

Logan
03-23-2002, 05:03 PM
Oh Oliver!!! Please be ok.....I think your mommy has worried enough!!!!! :(

Take care Sandra and all your furry friends!!! :)

tatsxxx11
03-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks Logan. Oliver is sneezing now constantly, and snuffling. Looks like it's off to the ER tomorrow for medic., poor baby. But, Mr. B says many thanks for all the prayers and get well wishes!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-23-2002, 07:17 PM
Poor Oliver. Sounds like you caught Mr. B.'s cold. That happens with my gang too. If one of them gets it, they share with the others. They are like little kids in school that way. They doctor will give you something to make you all better. Maybe some chicken soup would help? All paws here hope you are all better soon.

LoudLou
03-23-2002, 08:04 PM
Oh NO Poor Oliver! So sorry you caught Mr. B's cold. Hope you start feeling well again soon. Maybe your Mama will get in touch with AmberLee and Livvy can write you a "Get Well" story... Poor, Poor Oliver, being sick is NO FUN. Gets lots of reat and LOTS of LOVES.;)

AmberLee
03-24-2002, 05:57 PM
Oh, Oliver!

My hunky hunka burning pudtat ... you've got sneezies? My prayers are with you my darling Romeo!

Your worried Jewel-iette,

Livvy

tatsxxx11
03-25-2002, 04:10 PM
Oh Livvy Love, Pleeeeeeeeeze come rescue me! Mommy stuck me in the porta-prison and carted me off to the white coats yesterday! Snuffles and sneezies; though no eye drippies.:( I woulda been fine.....but now she's sticking a straw in my mouth and feeding me drippy, icky white stuff!!!! Yuck! But Olivia, this indignity I will tolerate. I wouldn't want my Jeweliette to catch any buggies when you come to visit me, so I will be good and do what Mommy says. You are coming soon, aren't you my furrygodess???:confused: I've gussied up my window perch and adorned it with a velvet pillow to serve as your throne. And Mommy's bought all sorts of new birdie treats to tempt those winged invaders ever closer to our grasp! Spring has sprung my tabby temptress, and my thoughts wander to visions of we two, light of paw and heart, frolicking in flats of fresh mown catnip, indulging our every whim! Alas, again, I am left but to dream! Livvy, you alone are my life's prescription, the only medicine needed to heal me, body and soul. I miss you so. Gentle head butts, paw pats and nose nibbies to you dear Olivia, my soul mate, my life's desire, my Jeweliette. Love, your Knght in Furry Armor, your Romeo, your Oliver!

lizbud
03-26-2002, 02:23 PM
Mr. B and OLIVER

Prayers and Well Wishes are flying your way.
Feel better soon sweet guys !!! Liz ,Buddy &
The Gang Of Four (Redbud, Mikey,Blackie & Punkin)

RachelJ
03-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Sandra, how are the boyz doing now? I hope everbuddy is feeling better. Can't have the fellers feeling poorly, or them girly doggers will take over at Happy Acres.

Logan
03-27-2002, 02:59 PM
I'm wondering the same thing, Sandra!! Catch us up, please!!!!!

tatsxxx11
03-27-2002, 06:35 PM
Time for an update, and then I think it's time for us to gracefully bow out of the spotlight. The "Easter Beaster" (Mr. B) is CURED!!! Not a sneeze or drippy in two days!! Oliver is still sneezing and snuffling occasionally (I was told the PROPER name for kitty sniffles is SNUFFLES:rolleyes: ) but continues to romp and frolic with total abandon, oblivious to his condition!!:) I just gave them their PM dose of antibiotics, veiled temptingly in warm tuna and juice! (Hah! Oliver!!!:D) As I type, Star is "reading" on the bed after a night of upchucking multiple foreigh objects last night, (don't ask!!) Cody is sleeping dutifully on her blankie, B Boy is on my lap, and the OlivePitsterMan is, as usual, in full recumbance on his back, paws toward heaven, purrrring beside his best pal Squeeker the wheeking guinea pig. (They are the BEST of pals!!) So, all is well in this household. And perhaps tonight holds the promise of SLEEP for Mom!!! Mr. B and Oliver say thank you so much for your love and support! You guys are the best! Purrrrrr!

AmberLee
03-27-2002, 09:28 PM
My handsome knight in furry armor!

My treasure and delight! You've had snufflies and wheezies and I wasn't there to nurse you and cuddle you and lovey you back to health. Think of us lying on our backs on your sunporch, eight widdle paws in the air, the sun kissing our tummies and our whiskers entwined as we share our inner souls. Wouldn't you feel better fast that way my my hunky-hunka furry love?

Mommy says I get lost in our parking lot and I can't find my way to your side. Poo! :mad: What does Mommy know? Your love beam doesn't work in our parking lot, that's all.

I might not see you this Easter my furry cat of delight. One has to humor the humans some. But you know my every thought will be of you. Each nibble of kibble will be with the thought that my Oliver's lips nibbles this brand of kibble. Every slurpy at the fountain will be with the thought that my Oliver loves to slurpy water. My nappies at the window seat will begin and end with love kisses sent ... to you, my wondercat!

Get well quick!

Much healing and love are in the thoughts of your Jewel-iette,
Livvy

yorkster
03-28-2002, 12:59 AM
Hi Tatsxxx (Sandra). It's good to hear your boys are feeling better!
:) I feel like my kittys are following in your kittys' footsteps: Kedi with his heart problems recently, and now my other baby, Wylie, has a nasty cold or something- has been sneezing & congested alot for a coulple days. He is going to the vet Friday (or sooner if he looks like he is getting worse). :eek:

Good news about your boys, and hope they continue to improve! Maybe now you will get some good sleep?! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 01:02 PM
Glad to hear the kids are back to normal. ;) :D Sounds like you have quite the troup there, so a full nights sleep is a rare blessing??!?!?

yorkster, hope Wylie feels better soon. Funny, but I've noticed Peanut sneezing the last few days too. She very rarely sneezes and twice a day for the last two or three days is highly unusual, but she seems to be ok otherwise, so I'll just keep an eye on her.

Darn kids, if it's not one thing its another! :rolleyes:

yorkster
03-28-2002, 06:31 PM
Tubby&Peanuts Mom,
Your kitty too? I hope it is not serious, and feels better soon!
Let us know how it goes.

tatsxxx11
03-28-2002, 07:06 PM
Oh no, not Peanut! Sounds like the kitty flu is making the rounds:( Lots of love, healing prayers and nose wipeys for precious Peanut!! Get well soon, please!! Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 09:53 PM
Thanks everybody, but I don't think it's serious. Haven't heard her sneeze today yet - Tubby did once, but not Peanut. And the way they are running around here tonight....:rolleyes: They're just goofy! Tubby got his first look at the motorhome. I took him into it when we were loading it up the household stuff we'll need that we don't leave in all winter. He was all excited and was checking everything out. Maybe got a little too much dust in his nose. So he comes in the house and he's all wound up, so Peanut gets all wound up too. Next thing you know the rug is all akilter and the herds are back. :rolleyes: Seeing as they are both getting older though, all this excitement doesn't last long. Peanut is currently in flatso mode and Tubby is fast asleep.:rolleyes:

Thanks anyway!

AmberLee
03-28-2002, 10:53 PM
Awww, T&P sound so excited about the motor home. Give them scritchies for me, please. So glad P doesn't have the flu.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2002, 11:00 PM
Thanks Amberlee. :) I think they get their excitement from the motorhome from their daddy. With him its more of an obsession. :rolleyes: I'm going to try to slowly introduce them to it and maybe someday they can join us. Tubby I'm not worried about. He's a real explorer and would enjoy every minute of it. Peanut on the other hand would be scared to death while it was going down the road, which would only put Daddy into a panic, so we'll have to work on it a little with her...and him. ;) Thanks again for all the well wishes, and hope everybody has a great weekend! :)

yorkster
03-31-2002, 11:36 PM
T&P'sMom and Tatsxxx:
How are your kitties tonight? Kedi seems to feel much better (still don't know from the cardio Dr. exactily what is the problem).
Wylie has a URI, and I am having the worst time giving him his meds- it takes BOTH me and my hubby to do it! There has to be a better way............:confused:

Hope all you kitties are feeling better! :)

momoffuzzyfaces
04-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by yorkster Wylie has a URI, and I am having the worst time giving him his meds- it takes BOTH me and my hubby to do it! There has to be a better way............:confused:

If your cat seems to be all flying feet when you need to give them medicine, trying wrapping them up tight in a towel with just their head poking out. I've had to do this in the past on other cats I had. Hope all your babies are all better now and in no need of medicine.
:)

yorkster
04-01-2002, 07:29 PM
Thanks Momoffuzzyfaces, I'll try the towel thing ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-01-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by yorkster
T&P'sMom and Tatsxxx:
How are your kitties tonight?

Thanks for asking yorkster. My two are doing just fine. They had a nice relaxing weekend by themselves, so they are more than happy to see us and climb all over us (Peanut just jumped down from my lap when I started typing this). I think she just had a few sniffles and everything is back to normal now.

Sorry you're having so much trouble with Wylie's meds. :( If they could just understand that it's for their own good.... Let us know how they both are progressing.

yorkster
04-02-2002, 05:39 PM
T&P'sMom. Glad to hear your kittys are feeling better :D
I tried wrapping the towel around Wylie, and it worked pretty good. :)
It's silly how he carries-on though. You would think I was abusing him or something :eek: I keep trying to tell him that it would be much easier on BOTH of us if he would just cooperate, but he just does not get it. :confused:
Silly kitty! :)

tatsxxx11
04-03-2002, 09:43 AM
Yes, so happy to hear that T&P:D are feeling better.:) And Yorkster, knowing that Kedi is feeling better is a great relief. Still anxious to learn what the cardiologist says:confused: Are Wylie's meds liquid or pill? Have you tried mixing the medic. with food? I used a very small amt of warmed human tuna and added the crushed pill or liquid and that seemed to do it. Mr. B is easy; he "pills" well. Oliver hates the medic. dropper, and is not to found of pilling either! Wrapping tightly in a towel is a big help! Love to you all, T&P, Kedi, Wylie, and all our kitty pals! Love, Sandra, Oliver and Mr. B

yorkster
04-03-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi Sandra. Still have not heard anything from the cardio Dr. about the specific problem with Kedi. All I know is that his heart is enlarged and he has fluid on his little lungs. :(
The meds have helped a whole lot though: he has been up to some of his old habits :)
Last night he opened the cupboard where his treats are kept, pulled them onto the counter and dumped them out. He was just stuffing himself with them when I walked in :D ........ate almost half the bag!
He has also gotten more active again. His favorite thing to do is wait at the bottom of the stairs until you get aprox. half way up, then he dashes up, beating you to the top. Then he turns around and looks at you like "ha-ha, I beat you! you're so slow!"

;)
Wylie is doing better. Have been able to get his liquid meds in him easier. I think I will give the tuna thing a try though (that is the only meat/seafood he will eat :confused: ......other than his cat food) He LOVES graham crackers and granola bars. Won't even touch chicken, steak, fish when we offer. We call him our little vegetarian cat. :rolleyes:

tatsxxx11
04-03-2002, 05:51 PM
Oh Kedi, you scampster!!!;) You just keep kickin up them paws and livin the good life, Kedi!! I'm so glad to hear your medicine is helping you Kedi. You keep doing what your mommy says....and beating her up the stairs!:) And Wylie, TAKE YOUR MEDICINE!! No more sniffies! (Graham crackers??????:D)

yorkster
04-03-2002, 11:15 PM
Yes, Kedi is a Scampster! I like that word, and I think I will add it to his list of nick-names :)

I'll tell Wylie too that Tatsxxx, aka Sandra, said to take his medicine! :rolleyes: (yes, g. crackers are his favorite 'people' food!) :D
He is a strange, but lovable cat!

Lachesis
04-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Max, Milo and Pepper send their kitty wishes to get better soon fellow kitty friends....