PDA

View Full Version : A day in the life of a foster mom.

jenluckenbach
08-31-2005, 07:36 PM
It is 8:30 PM and I am exhausted. Besides the feeding and scooping and general play time with the kitties THESE are some of the things I had to do today (and most days).

Check Marvin's butt....yup, still has the diarrhea. Give pill.

Check Toby Greg's chin......WOW, the huge sore is now just a tiny pinpoint of a scab.....pat's self on back.

Give de-wormer to 3 cats due. (I think I am wearing about 1/3 of it) :rolleyes:

Comfort a dying baby.....Magic, I miss your tiny silent meow already. :(

Eye drops, ear cleaner, ear mite medicine, and a pill to 5 (yes FIVE) babies. Do you know how hard this is? These cats can wiggle!

Give KRM to Skinny from a syringe and make sure he eats his fair share of canned food.

Give Skinny some nutrical, one tiny drop at a time since his mouth is so tiny.

Keep in mind that the fosters are on the 3rd floor and my sink and refridgerator are on the first floor.......nutrical, ear mite medicine, KRM are all in the fridge. Microwave the KRM to warm up. Can never seem to remember EVERYTHING on the first trip. :rolleyes: Who needs an expensive stair climber machine? :p

And what will I do when these guys find homes????? Get more of course, and do it all over again! :D

jackie
08-31-2005, 07:40 PM
As long as you feel good doing it, its all worth it! Pat yourself on the back!

kittycats_delight
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
So sorry Jen about Magic but that baby could not have been with a better or more loving meowmie at the end of his short little life. You are amazing. I read your post in CM and started to cry I just couldn't reply at the time. It's just soooo unfair that these little ones have to suffer and die so young in their little lives. ((((HUGS TO YOU)))) Job very well done. There is a special place for you among all those kitty angels.

You have quite a full day and I applaud you for all you are doing, have done and will do again for these angels that need you so bad. Take a breath, have a bath, relax. You deserve it.

jazzcat
08-31-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't see how you do it all Jen. I'm feeling very lazy right this moment.

furrykidsmother
09-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a very busy, but very fulfilling day. Give yourself another pat on the back from me, you deserve it!! Stair climber, when would you find time to use it?

catmandu
09-01-2005, 11:36 AM
JEN,ONE FINE DAY,TERAS FROM NOW,YOU WILL BE REWARDED ,FOR ALL THIS HARD WORK.
YOU,AND CHARLES,WILL BE LYING,IN LOUNGE CHAIRS,ON A BEACH,AND ALL YOUR CAT ANGELS,AND THE FOSTERS,THAT YOU REHOMED,WILL BE AROUND YOU,BRINGING YOU UMBRELLA DRINKS,AND SNACKS.
THAT WILL BE AN ETERNITY,OF LOVE,ALL RICHLY DESERVED!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture704.jpg

CalliesMom
09-01-2005, 11:37 AM
You are an AMAZING woman. I wish I had half the energy and after work, my three tire me out.

momcat
09-01-2005, 12:58 PM
For your dedication, caring, and all the wonderful things you do,
The applause from these paws is

JUST FOR YOU!!!!!

Purrs, headbumpies, and lots of kitty kisses,
Groucho

catnapper
09-01-2005, 01:20 PM
You forgot about the extra litterscooping, nail trimming, and feeding! :D

You only check Marvin's butt once a day? :eek: I check Angel a dozen times a day... and its always swollen and leaky looking :( Ah well... off to the vet tomorrow we go! More meds to give a girl who HATES to be medicated. Nails flying, head twisting, body squirming.... fun! :p

Why do we do it? Its almost thankless. Ahhh, because we love them while we can. :D