PDA

View Full Version : Chihuahua - Baby

Barbiro
03-08-2002, 01:21 PM
This is Baby, the little chihuahua I had opened a thread about in the Rescue section. She is Buffy's sister. In any case, the owner decided against getting rid of her.

Isn't she beautiful? Can you inmagine anyone wanting to get rid of her?
http://cesarmodels.com/Cesar-Pic/buffy/baby1.JPG
Here she is with Buffy - see the size difference?
http://cesarmodels.com/Cesar-Pic/buffy/baby2.JPG
The size difference is really obvious in this picture. Buffy was the only one out of a little of 5 that came out that tiny.
http://cesarmodels.com/Cesar-Pic/buffy/baby3.JPG
Baby luvs it when we bring Buffy over.
http://cesarmodels.com/Cesar-Pic/buffy/baby4.JPG
Here my daughter is picking her up.
http://cesarmodels.com/Cesar-Pic/buffy/baby5.JPG

Kfamr
03-08-2002, 04:01 PM
AWWWWWE!

Their both soooo adorable... i like Buffy best though~ hes so tiny!! CUTE!:D

Former User
03-08-2002, 04:32 PM
Awwwwwwww, they're both cute!!!! :) :)

AdoreMyDogs
03-08-2002, 05:05 PM
Oh my gosh....how could you not absolutely INHALE those Pups??????? They are SOOOOOOO adorable :) My goodness, they are even too cute for words :)

I have mixed feelings about Baby's home, but hopefully it's for the best. I hope they realize what a gem Baby is, and hopefully decide to put her through a few obedience classes and to spend alot of time to fix that problem of hers. I hope they have the patience to fix it, because she's just irrestable.

Barbiro
03-08-2002, 06:10 PM
Aren't they beautiful? :D

I tell you, Buffy is the best birthday present I could have ever gotten for my daughter. She is the tinyest little thing that it's unbelievable she is so perfect.

I have my doubts also about Baby, but if the owner changed her mind there is not much I can do about that. I did tell her she needs to teach Baby not to run out of the house, that's it's common sense to the dog since she doesn't know.

I gotta tell you guys, Baby is so lovable. She loves playing with her sister Buffy. They look like little clones of each other, except Baby as you can see is twice as large. All of Buffy's siblings are Baby's size; Buffy was the runt of the litter and I'm so glad she's ours.

I'll keep everyone updated on how she's doing since I will be making a pest of myself and visiting often. That dog is really precious to me and I want her in a happy home.

purrley
03-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Soooooo Adorable - I miss my Tess so very much - Barb - did you know I was forced to give her back to the breeder. I do know that she's doing really well though. Liza, the breeder does not like to crate her dogs so Tess must be in seventh heaven. That's what I hated most, was to have to crate her for 8 to 10 hours a day:(

purrley
03-12-2002, 09:36 AM
When I first read up on the Chihuahua, it was written that there was no such thing as a teacup Chi, that a Chihuahua, was a Chihuahua - obviously that just isn't so!!!. Look at the size - what a difference. My Tess was the size of Baby. I guess the really tiny guys are not as common, hence they probably cost more.

Barbiro
03-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Purrley,

What happened? You had to give her back? awwwww :(:(:( I can't inmagine what you went thru with that. I kept wondering where you were and kept looking for your thread with Tess' picture. I'm so sorry to hear that.

Yeah, the size difference between Buffy and the rest of the litter is substantial. I'm trying to coordinate a get-together picture of 5 of them. I'm not sure if i'll be able to accomplish that but I'm gonna try.

Buffy is so very tiny in comparison to all the rest, yet she's just as bubbly and energetic.

Purrley, will you be getting another dog?

purrley
03-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Barbi - I have an incredible miserable neighbor across the street who knows I have 4 cats. When she saw my little dog, I guess she decided to make trouble. Turned me in to the Condo Complex for having too many animals - I'm only allowed 1 pet so someone, I don't know if it was her called Animal Services on me and they sent an officer out to fine me for having 4 cats. I'm only allowed 2 of one species. In this case the dog wasn't the problem, but when I got another letter from the Association, they said I would be charged an addition $3 a day for each day I was not in compliance with the rules. So I decided since Tess was the newest addition and the most visible since she needed to be let out for potty and walks that it just wasn't fair to her or to me to have all this anamosity where I live. I'm still having trouble because of the 4 cats, but things seem to have eased up a little. I refuse to rehome my cats - I couldn't bear it, I've had them too long.

Barbiro
03-12-2002, 04:43 PM
:mad:That was a 'miserable' neighbor indeed. How pathetic that some people have nothing better to do then make trouble for others.:mad:

:(:(You must miss Tess a lot. :(:( It must have been hard for you to crate her for so many hours during the day, plus also the situation with the cats. I have a friend who has 3 cats, but now she just got a small dog. We were talking about the same situation you had of the new dog eating the kitty litter, etc. She came up with a solution of placing the kitty litter on top of medium-to-high shelve where the dog can't reach. The cats don't mind climbing up to the litter box to do their thing, and the problem is resolved.

You were right about the fact that there are no "teacup" chihuahuas. I think I read somewhere that a person invented that name to describe a really tiny type of chihuahua. In any case, Buffy fits that description perfectly since she is the tinyest chihuahua I have ever seen.

jennifert
04-08-2002, 10:04 AM
Baby is SO MUCH bigger than Buffy! It's amazing! Buffy is a cutie-patootie! Baby looks like a little fox! I hope her living situation works out and improves! I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing the pictures! :D

anna_66
04-08-2002, 03:13 PM
Those two are such sweethearts! Makes me just want to cuddle and smooch them! Give them a huggie & kissie from me!

DoggiesAreTheBest
04-10-2002, 06:15 AM
What a cutie Baby is! I had to do a double take for a seconfd. They are spit images of eachother with the exception of the size difference.

Barbiro
04-10-2002, 06:46 AM
I'm so happy you all like the pictures.

Update on Baby as of 4/7/02: I stopped by her home and she was so ecstatic to see me, she would not stay still.

The owner bought her a very long leash, which she keeps on Baby at all times. She says that now, in case Baby leaves, she'll be much easier to grab. The only problem is I was telling her that it's dangerous for Baby to wear a long leash at all times since she can get tangled on it by playing and hurt herself. She seems to feel that's the best they can do at this time and that Baby will be ok. Overall though, Baby looks healthy. She had plenty of food and water on clean bowls and smelled like they had just given her a bath. I'm getting really attached to this little one and maybe next week I'll borrow her for a couple of hours and take her to the park or just OUT of that house. I'm glad to see she's doing well :):):)

purrley
04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
:) :) so glad this baby is adjusting well. Can't blame you for worrying - what a cutie pie. I hope soon I get a picture of Tess posted for you to see. I don't have her, but she is doing really well back with Liza (the girl I bought her from). Liza told me sooner or later there will be more Chi puppies and if conditions are OK - she will give me one:)