PDA

View Full Version : Little Kasha update...

Glacier
08-31-2005, 11:32 AM
Just a quick update on Kasha's first night. She started purring after about 2 hours in the house. She has a nice loud rumbly purr and she makes happy paws while she's purring! :D She liked laying beside me with her upper body on my chest while she napped.

At about 9:30, I opened the bedroom door and let the other cats come in. Boots and Felicia completely ignored her and went straight to the enclosure entrance! Glacier, Onyx and Polly Paws all laid on the bed, surrounding her and stared at her. There was some growling, but mainly from Kasha. About half an hour later, Boots showed her how to jump out the window into the enclosure. She loved that! She spent much of the night outside sniffing the air and laying in the willows.

She seems to have been exposed to dogs before. She showed no fear of them and didn't freak out when they had a choir practice this morning. The dogs aren't allowed much interaction with the cats indoors. The house is the cats' territory and the dogs get kicked outside if they bug the cats. So none of them bugged Kasha and she ignored them.

This morning, I found her using a litterbox in the laundry room. Mornings are squishy food time at our house. She figured that out in a hurry and ate like a little pig! Some more minor growling, all from her, but nothing serious. No swatting or fighting. I snuggled her for awhile this morning. She likes being carried around to check things out.

I have an amazing group of cats! I'm always stunned by how easily they accept a newcomer. When I left for work, Kasha was on one of the recliners in the living room. She not in a full relaxed position, not like Boots was within a couple hours! But she was comfy and just watching everything around her.

The thought occured to me this morning that she could be Twicket's littermate. From what I can figure out, they were both born here. No month is listed for Kasha, but the year is the same. Both white with blue eyes. It could be???

CalliesMom
08-31-2005, 11:35 AM
Wouldn't that be strange if she was Twicket's litter mate? I'm so glad that things sound like they are working out and your kitties are so lucky to have an outdoor secured enclosure. I hope things only get better from here.

THANK YOU for taking in this baby.

furrykidsmother
08-31-2005, 11:37 AM
Sounds like things are going quite well. Glad she is settling in and being accepted by the others. Wouldn't it be wonderful if she were Twicket's littermate? WOW!! I bet he really did send her to you. As Dominique sent Boots to you I believe Twicket has sent Kasha!

kitten645
08-31-2005, 11:39 AM
That you even thought of that makes me think that Twicket sent you his sibling. That is so kewl. What better way of sending his spirit? Bless you for being so brave to take on another senior. Love and headbumppies to all.
Claudia

momcat
08-31-2005, 11:40 AM
Sounds like things are going well and Kasha is settling in just fine. What a sweetie she must be. All the furkids need is a chance to get to know each other. So happy to hear the adjustment is moving right along with no serious problems.....

Lobodeb
08-31-2005, 01:52 PM
How fantastic that Kasha is settling in so quickly. I, personally, feel that Twicket did send her. Why else would she feel so comfortable so soon? And, what's more comforting is that your other cats have also taken to her as if she's been there all along!

I can't wait to see picutures.

LOL (choir practice). How I do love the husky/malamute howls.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-31-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm so glad to hear she's doing so well. Twicket knew who to send, and he probably let the others know she was sent by him so she was ok - thus the easy acceptance. :)

catmandu
08-31-2005, 06:49 PM
YOUR CATS,ARE VERY MUCH,LIKE THE FOUND CATS,IN THAT NEW CATS,DONT BOTHER THEM,AT ALL,AND THEY ALL GET ALONG,VERY WELL,FOR ANIMALS,THAT ARE ESSENTIALLY LONERS.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1084.jpg
AND THAT,WOULD BE SO RIGHT,IF KASHA,AND TWICKET WERE LITTERMATES.

krazyaboutkatz
08-31-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm glad to hear that Kasha is settling in nicely and has been accepted by your other furkids.:) I'm so glad that you were able to adopt her.:)

captain
08-31-2005, 09:18 PM
How fantastic!!!!

So glad to hear she is settling in!

NoahsMommy
08-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Awww, that's great news! :)

Welcome home, Kasha! :)