PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions and Advice please =)

Muddy4paws
08-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Well my boyfriends mum asked me if you needed qualifications to start up dog walking, I didnt actually know the answer :o but I suggested that she went to the local animal rescues and offer to do volentry dog walking, but she wants to get into it long term.

Does anyone know if she would need to be qualified? I think it would be a good idea to get police checked so if she does go along with it she can put it on cards

Dont get me wrong she loves dogs so much but she cant own one herself, so what are your opinions?

BitsyNaceyDog
08-31-2005, 07:17 AM
I don't know anything about wether she'd qualifications or not, but I doubt it. Why can't she own her own dog?

I think dog walking is a great idea as so many people work during the day and their dogs are stuck inside. Also older people who can't take walks with their dogs.

Someone like my friend could use a dog walker too- she has a 1 year old baby and it's hard for her to take her cocker for a walk. Luckily she has a fenced back yard and he goes out there and runs around and they play fetch with him, but leashed walks don't happen too often anymore.

Muddy4paws
08-31-2005, 07:01 PM
She cant own a dog herself but shes looked after a dog for a while, when the owner went on holiday and it kind of gave her a new look into something like pet sitting and dog walking.

She cant actually own a dog full time because it wouldn't be fair on her husband as pet fur doesnt agree with him too much and in the long term they didnt think it would be a good idea.

jesse_3
08-31-2005, 08:41 PM
I really doubt that you need to be qualified for dog walking, but I would just check to make sure.

I wish her good luck! This is a great thing that she is doing!:)

Steph, Jesse, and Splinter