PDA

View Full Version : Stuff

slleipnir
08-30-2005, 11:39 PM
We had flyball practice for the first time in a few weeks. I have been playing with zeke in the yard with his tug a lot. Throw the ball, he gets it and gets to tug.

As some know, he doesn't always listen to me at practice. And he definetly has never been interested in playing tug there.

Anyway, sundays practice there weren't a lot of dogs, so Zeke only got to run one on one with a Doberman, Rook. Rook is a lot slower than Zeke (Zeke usually only chases if the dog is AHEAD of him) however, he ran over to Rook once.

BUT, he played with his tug! I tried it, he didn't do it os I threw it aside like I usually do when he won't play with it. One of the members came over and got him to play with it. Someone says he seems to want to play "rough" or he loses interest. So I was tuging and pulling as hard as I could (I'm telling you, it's a good work out - I was exhasted LOL) I even was growling at him (he seems to only wanna pull if I do that) someone was laughing at me for doing it :o

Maybe he's slowly getting the hang of it...they tell me he's really fast too, I wish he'd learn he can't chase! He knows the game really good and I've only seen him drop the ball once when he got distracted.

Classes start soon..I'm thinking of taking my sisters dog sometime. But she is too young right now. So I'll probably help out with the newcomers. I'm looking forward to seeing the next heap of dogs :)

pointless again

cloverfdx
08-31-2005, 08:50 AM
Not pointless at all Audrey. Atleast you have not given up on Zeke like i have seen happen too many times ;). Thats is great he wants to tug after returning, and if he likes rough play then thats ok, not for your poor arms though lol.

Keep up the great work and thankyou so much for the update.

slleipnir
08-31-2005, 11:17 AM
It feels great to see even a LITTLE improvement. I hope he'll understand he can't play with the other dogs.

A lady who has really great dogs has one that always has her eye on the other dogs. She even crosses a lot. I always thought she was the perfect dog. I guess he's not the only one anyway. I truely believe that once he gets it, he will have no problems....I jsut think it's the getting there that will be hard!!

Oh, and trust me, the thought of giving up has crossed my mind A LOT. I really want to do this though so I hope I don't give up on Zeke. Especially when I know he can do it. It's me that has the problem though lol.

jesse_3
08-31-2005, 09:34 PM
Trust me, I know that it can be hard, but hang in there! Zeke seems to be catching on!

Good Luck!-
Steph, Jesse, and Splinter

sandragonfly
09-01-2005, 04:03 AM
echoing jesse's post - your sweethearts seem so bright. with time & patience, you'll (and them) be very happy! :)

my crayola never is interested in playing tug either. :p