PDA

View Full Version : Kasha is here...

Glacier
08-30-2005, 08:22 PM
I think I'll keep the name, but I'm dropping the extra H! She arrived an hour ago. She accidently met Glacier. I didn't realize he was in the bedroom when I let her out of the carrier. There was some hissing, but nothing major. She's now hanging out in the bedroom by herself. She's exploring every corner.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/Kasha/kasha.jpg
Isn't she pretty!?? She has a small red area above her tail. The vet says it's from over-grooming. She's probably stressed right out though! Hopefully, that will stop once she settles in.

She can hear, but it seems to be only really loud noises. She jumped when Stuart's pager went off--it's for the fire hall he works with and it's a nasty, ear-splitting sound. She jumped & looked around a bit when it went off, but the other cats usually head for the hills when they hear that thing! I think she hears, but maybe not particularly well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/Kasha/pretty_Kasha.jpg
She likes to be held although I haven't heard her purr yet. She feels very solid. None of the muscle loss that older cats often get. Her coat is in great shape, no mats and very soft. She can meow with the best of them. She let it be known that she did not like the carrier or being in the trucK!

More pictures later. I'm going back to snuggle her some more now!

catmandu
08-30-2005, 08:25 PM
WOW,THE FOUND CATS,STARRYS,ANGELS,AND I ARE THE FIRST,TO CONCATULATE YOU,ON KASHA,SHES A VERY BEAUTIFUL CAT,AND VERY FORTUNATE,TO AHVE FOUND SUCH A WONDEROUS FURR EVER HOME.

IM HOPING,THAT FOR4ANGELS,IS THAT LUCKY!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture701.jpg

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-30-2005, 08:28 PM
She's beautiful!

She's probably wondering what is going on. One day she's home where she has been for the last 15 years, the next day she's in some cage with lots of other cats around, now she's in another home, but one that's not familiar. I sure hope you get her to purr for you while you're snuggling. That would be a sure sign (to me anyway) that she's happy to be where she's at and is starting to feel comfortable.

Still got the LES syndrome when I see her and think about how Twicket sent her to you, but that will probably not go away anytime soon. :)

kittycats_delight
08-30-2005, 08:28 PM
:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I love her. She is beautiful and I am soooo excited for you. Twicket sure did good. And I love the name. I really love it and it does suit her. She is sooo pretty and the name is sooo feminine.

welcome to PT Kasha !!!! We can't wait to see more of you my beauty !!!!!

jenluckenbach
08-30-2005, 08:29 PM
She is quite lovely. And I like the name Kasha (without the extra H). Deaf cats do usually make quite a noise, so her hearing loss probably helps with that. Best of luck introducing her to the other cats.

Shady
08-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Wow....she's absolutely stunning...one could never tell she's 15, no way!

Gorgeous girl..so pretty!

Uabassoon
08-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Aww she's beautiful! I love her pink little nose.

manda_moo87
08-30-2005, 08:39 PM
What a beauty... congrats! :D

momcat
08-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Kasha! What a beautiful kitty you are!!! You're such a lucky girl to have found such a wonderful furever home where you will be loved, cared for, and treated like the princess you are. Sure hope to see much more of you. Sending tummy rubs and lovebug just for you.....

chocolatepuppy
08-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Kasha is beautiful! :)

sandragonfly
08-30-2005, 09:10 PM
:eek: BEAUTIFUL KASHA!!

welcome board girl!! twicket definitely must have sent her to you! oh how I love your miracle stories, glacier!!

sooo beautiful! and congrats! :D

Queen of Poop
08-30-2005, 09:15 PM
WOW!!! She's a big, beautiful girl. Congrats on your new addition.

rg_girlca
08-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Oh Twicket, you did good sweetie.

Glacier, Kasha is absolutely stunning. What a gorgeous girl.

What a sad story on her though. How anyone can give up a beloved companion after 15 years is beyond me. I pray that she settles in well with you and the other cats.

Keep us posted. :)

prechrswife
08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
She is a real beauty. I hope she settles in well and quickly.:)

Freckles
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
Kahsha was surrendered by her owner yesterday because he is moving to the East coast.

sirrahbed
08-30-2005, 10:11 PM
Major leaky eyes here. But so happy!! So many emotions going on today but I know that I am thrilled to read about and see this dear old cat and know she is now with you:) Whata ahppy ending!! She does not yet look like a geriatric either!! Wonderful!!:) Guess my eyeballs are due for a good cleaning:o as they are leaking quite badly.

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Kasha's gorgeous.:D I'd never guess her age to be 15 years old. I hope that everything goes well and that she'll fit in with your other furkids.:)

jazzcat
08-30-2005, 10:48 PM
Welcome to PT Kasha, you lucky girl.

She sure is beautiful!

CalliesMom
08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Aww, thank you so much for giving an elderly lady a chance. Your original post regarding her made me cry!! She's beautiful. :)

smokey the elder
08-31-2005, 07:58 AM
Paw applause for adopting this beautiful senior girl! GRRR to the original "owner" for dumping the poor old lady.

catnapper
08-31-2005, 08:28 AM
What a beauty!! Welcome Kasha!

Killearn Kitties
08-31-2005, 09:00 AM
What a beautiful girl! She was meant to find you. ;) Is she purring yet? :D

rkidsrcats
08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
Very beautiful addition to the family. Thanks Twicket for giving the process your undivided angel attention...thanks Glacier, for gviing this senior kitty a wonderful home.

Whisker kisses from the Tribe,,,slobbers from Sam

Barbara
08-31-2005, 09:12 AM
Twicket, what a good job you did in sending Kasha right to your purrents:)

Glacier, I think you are blessed with your husband too:)

furrykidsmother
08-31-2005, 09:23 AM
Welcome Kasha!! What a beautiful girl you are. I am certain that Twicket sent her to you!

catlover4ever
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh My she is just beautiful. Congratulations!!!

catlover4ever
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
Oh My she is just beautiful. Congratulations!!!