PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone maybe give me some info on this ?

Den Anne Pen
08-30-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi, everyone

I was wondering if anybody knew how to start up getting a dog park in there city.

There is no dog parks here or in any surrounding city there are a few in some towns near here but it's still about a 45 min drive.

So i was wondering if anybody might have done it in there town or have any info on this subject.

And i was wondering if it was possable to have like a members only park rather then one open to the public soto speak maybe that will keep some of the irrasponable owners away ? :rolleyes:

Any info would be apprcited :D

Suki Wingy
08-30-2005, 08:58 PM
Our dog park is strick members only and you must get a stool sample and ok letter from the vet to join plus money. It was started by some people who went the the park district and asked for some acrege to fence in for dogs because there are leash laws all over and were no fenced areas in our area. They eventually got a whole 26 acres with pond, forest, and field, fully fenced! If you have forest preserves close to a highway of bussy place (like our dog park) then get a few doggie friends and go to the park district and prepose your ideas. You might have to get signatures. Good luck!

Giselle
08-30-2005, 10:53 PM
The Oakland dog owners started a website about this. Here's a link:
http://www.odogparks.org/howto.html

That should help you :)