PDA

View Full Version : Twicket at work from the bridge! :)

Glacier
08-30-2005, 04:03 PM
As you all know, I lost my senior baby three weeks ago. Twicket was a senior when I adopted him. One of the last things I told Twicket before he left for the bridge was if he found another senior in need to stick his little paws in and send the kitty my way.

This morning my hubby called and asked me to bring him lunch at the Humane Society. He's the manager. This was a little odd, but I didn't think much of it. So I bought him a sub and dropped it off. Just as I was about to leave, he said "do you feel like meeting a kitty?" Well, I'm always up for meeting a feline friend. He just pointed me to a room and said to check out the white one hiding in the kitty condo. A wee torti in the room insisted she be held first, but I finally got down on the floor to peek into the condo.

I was greeted by a huge ball of white fur with big, clear blue eyes. I think she might be deaf, but it's hard to tell in the shelter. She has no peach swirls like Twicket did, but is solid white. I immediately burst into tears cuz I was reminded of my sweet white boy. After a couple minutes of petting her in the condo, she made her way out and let me hold her. She's a very big, long-haired, BEAUTIFUL girl. So I cried into her fur for awhile and went back out to say goodbye to my hubby.

When I got into his office, he had a cat adoption form waiting for me and asked if I wanted another senior. I told him that I asked Twicket to send me one. Well, it turns out that kitty's name is Kahsha and she is 15. She was born in 1990, just like my Twicket, but is in much better health. She was seen by the vet this morning and is in good health. The vet had to tip the condo to get her to come out for the exam! She was surrendered by her owner yesterday because he is moving to the East coast. :( His loss is my gain. I signed the papers and Pretty Kahsha (who may get a new name) is coming home in 3 hours!:D :D :D :D

My heart will forever miss Twicket, but I have room to love another too. I can't wait to have white fur all over my black clothes again!!!!

Pictures to follow this evening.

:D :D

caseysmom
08-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh good for you! I can't wait to see the pictures.

may51380
08-30-2005, 04:17 PM
That's great news - esp. for Kahsha! Almost busted out in tears, sitting here at work reading you wonderfull news! I am so happy for you. :D Can't wait to see pictures!

Janine
Beth
Lulu
Joey

kittycats_delight
08-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Twicket is a miracle worker. He knew just what to do and he sent Kahsha to you. Concatulations !! I actually love the name Kahsha. One of the names we have in our kitty name file is Akasha so Kahsha is quite similar. I can't wait to see her.

((((HUGS))))

Good Job Twicket !!!! :D

Lobodeb
08-30-2005, 04:19 PM
This post has my eyes watering!! Twicket, thank you for sending a new senior to meowmie!

Queen of Poop
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Good work Twicket. First Dominique sent meowmie Boots and now you've sent Kahsha. Glacier, you sure look after your furbabies well, and they in turn sure look after you well once they have moved on. You are very lucky.

Shady
08-30-2005, 04:23 PM
OMG, I have goosebumps and leaky eyes reading this..Twicket (and your husband) we're surely looking out for their mommy and the new girl...I cant wait to see pics..Twicket's story touched my heart in ways I could not have imagined, and I thank you for sharing it.

I'm so happy for you, and anxious to see pictures of the new baby.

:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Major LES going on here. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see some pictures of her. She sounds beautiful.:)

Catsnclay
08-30-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow...........what a heartwarming story! It sure has me in tears! Yes, I sure do believe things happen for reasons..........sometimes we just don't know what the reason is at the moment.

Can' t wait to see the pictures of the new "baby"!!!

What city do you live in? I have a cyber-pal who works for the Toronto Humane Society. Wouldn't it be funny if its the same place??!! :eek:

Donnaj4962
08-30-2005, 04:47 PM
:eek: Can kitties work miracles???? YES! That is a wonderful story. I am so happy that Twicket send you a new furbaby! How lucky for all involved. I am crying as I type, and the goosebumps are still here from reading the post. Congratulations!

jenluckenbach
08-30-2005, 04:48 PM
OMG! Major Leaky Eye Syndrome How wonderful for you both. Twicket is smiling down at you now after a job well done. Congratulations.

catlover4ever
08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Glacier

My heart will forever miss Twicket, but I have room to love another too.
:D :D

Isn't that the truth. While we miss the ones we have lost, our hearts are always open to love another one again. Twicket sent this "grand old lady" your way....I say it's Twicket's way of saying he is watching over you and knows that your love for him will carry on with this new lady.

I look forward to seeing some pictures. May your heart continue to heal.

CalliesMom
08-30-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
OMG! Major Leaky Eye Syndrome How wonderful for you both. Twicket is smiling down at you now after a job well done. Congratulations.

Shame on her former owner for giving her up, but you and your husband are so wonderful for bring in this kitty. I can't wait to see pictures!

jackie
08-30-2005, 05:31 PM
That is such a great story. I can't wait to see some picture of your new baby!

jazzcat
08-30-2005, 05:37 PM
That's wonderful Glacier!
:)

rosethecopycat
08-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Life is too short not to give out all the love you can give.

Twicket will watch over you both now.

Concatulations.

captain
08-30-2005, 06:05 PM
I am in tears ......... how absolutely fabulous for you ....... :D

Can't wait for pics.

{{{hugs}}} and THANKS Twicket ...

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Twicket's hard at work for you even now. What an amazing cat, and, I think it's safe to say that you and your husband are amazing people. I know Kahsha knows how fortunate she is to have fallen into your heart and life. I can't wait to see pictures. This made my heart feel good.

NoahsMommy
08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh I'm sooo excited for you!!! This is wonderful...you are wonderful for opening your home, heart and life to a kitty in need.

Thanks, Twicket!! :)

sirrahbed
08-30-2005, 06:10 PM
Major LES going on here. But, what I feel is HAPPY for you Glacier, for that sweet senior and what a sweet hubby you have!!!

Can't wait to see pictures and hear what name you will give her:) Wow - good job Twicket!:)

lizbud
08-30-2005, 06:16 PM
Shame on the former owners for abandoning their kitty
friend, but wonderful for you that you found her.:) This doesn't
happen very often. I'm glad Twicket had a hand in this.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-30-2005, 07:43 PM
<happy tears>

What a wonderful husband you have! And yes, I believe Twicket is taking care of you in order to say thank you for taking such good care of him in his last years.

<sniff, sniff> now where did I put those tissues.

Welcome home Kasha! :)

rg_girlca
08-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Gee, I thought I was going to be able to post this without any tears, I obviously thought wrong. How sweet of Twicket to send you another senior kitty to love and care for.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of this sweet girl.

catmandu
08-30-2005, 07:51 PM
WHENEVER,I THINK THINGS ARE BAD,THE FOUND CATS ANGELS HELP ME OUT.
I AM CONVINCED,THAT THEY ARRANGED,FOR THE CITY,TO UNDERWRITE,THE FOUND CAT HOTEL RENOVATION,AT THE COST,OF 16,000.
AND IF IT WANT,FOR THE CATS,I WOULD EVER MET,ALL THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE,ON PET TALK,AND MADE SO MANY,LASTING FRIENDS.
AND TWICKET KNEW,TAHT YOU MISSED HIM,AND THAT THIS NEW CAT,NEEDE ,A FURR EVER HOME,AND HE KNEW,JUST WHERE ONE,WAS AVAILABLE.
THAT,IS A WONDERFUL STORY,OF LOVE,THAT WILL NEVER DIE.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture701.jpg

Uabassoon
08-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics! You're husband is so sweet and thoughtful, it's so nice of you both to open up your hearts and home to another senior. I know that is what Twicket wanted.

catnapper
08-31-2005, 08:31 AM
I saw your new post with pictures - I missed this! What a beautiful tale! I had tears in my eyes reading it. What a good boy Twicket was sending you a beautiful needy girl.

furrykidsmother
08-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Yes, my eyes are leaking too! What a wonderful story. Have to go look for pictures now!