PDA

View Full Version : This may sound stupid but...

Heather Wallace
03-08-2002, 06:25 AM
Yiu may all think that I have lost the plot but although my cat Tatty aged eight was neutered when he was 6 months old, I think he still has sexual feelings.

He had a toy duck that he is particularly fond of, he moans at it and (this is hard to explain) gets it between his legs. While doing this his penis is out. He also licks it a lot.

Sometimes he also pees in a certain part of the hoouse.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. The vets said that it is not unheard of.

Former User
03-08-2002, 06:36 AM
Did he get into heat before you got him neuterd?

Casper hasn't had anything like this after his operation, we had him fixed before his first heat.

lbaker
03-08-2002, 06:37 AM
There was a whole thread about this kind of thing not too long ago :o I'll try to find it and let you know the link. Quite informative and also sometimes rather hysterical :D L p.s. gurls go into "heat" boys just get horny

K & L
03-08-2002, 07:43 AM
Some cats, even though neutered, will still be active, they just can't reproduce.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-08-2002, 11:21 AM
Tubby used to do the same thing with some fuzzy slippers I used to have. Every morning I'd put the slippers in my bedroom. Every night I came home and they were in the living room. Then, every night when I took them off, I left them in the bedroom. I'd wake up in the morning and they'd be in the living room again. I knew I wasn't crazy, and then I caught him in the act. He would bite the slipper and have it between his front legs like you described, and be making a yowling kind of noise - while still biting. I eventually got a new pair of slippers, but I couldn't bear to take these away from Tubby, so I just kept moving them back into the bedroom so he could drag them to the living room. :rolleyes:

About 4 years ago I moved in with Terry, and I have no idea what ever happened to the slippers, but they are nowhere to be found now. Tubby doesn't seem to miss them, except sometimes I hear him yowling away like he used to, in the basement. I just call his name once or twice and he comes upstairs and stops yowling. Nothing moves around in the basement, so I don't know if he has ahold of anything while he's yowling, or if he just likes to hear himself yowl. :rolleyes:

He never peed anywhere though, and it was never a problem. I just thought I had a goofy cat.....still do. ;)