PDA

View Full Version : Finn's new collar

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 12:41 PM
Hey, everyone! My friend does embroidery at his shop in Columbia, and, he embroidered Finn's name and our phone number on a new red collar! The collar is twice as wide as the other one Finn's been wearing since he was about four months old. :) That collar will stay attached to his leash all the time, so, that we just hook the collar around his neck to walk him. It has his rabies and id tags on it. But, we couldn't keep it on him all the time, because when we'd put him out on the patio, he was getting the tags stuck in the grates that are outside, and, he just about breaks his neck trying to get unstuck. But, I worried about him getting out of the house accidentally (which he's never done, but you never know). Now, he'll always have at least his name and number on his all the time collar...anyway. Here's his pretty red collar with the his name in brown...I chose the color and font, I think Brian did a great job!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/kariann9181976/Finnscollar001.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/kariann9181976/Finnscollar002.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/kariann9181976/Finnscollar004.jpg

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Aw, that looks great on Finn!:D Your friend did a great job!:)

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
Aw, that looks great on Finn!:D Your friend did a great job!:)

I know! I love how it turned out, and, it was way cheaper than getting it done online or something. He does a great job on stuff, the machine he has is amazing. I'll post the other thing he did for me in general...it's so cute!

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Thats nice!

How about getting him microchipped?

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
Thats nice!

How about getting him microchipped?

He was microchipped before I got him. But, those only work if he's scanned, and, not every place is going to scan him. It'd be a lot simpler for someone to just call the number if he gets picked up by just your average person. But, yeah, my pets have had microchips since they became available.

Lobodeb
08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
As always, Finn, you are just too handsome. That collar just enhances your good looks. (not to mention keep you safe in case you get lost).

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by finn's mom
He was microchipped before I got him. But, those only work if he's scanned, and, not every place is going to scan him. It'd be a lot simpler for someone to just call the number if he gets picked up by just your average person. But, yeah, my pets have had microchips since they became available.

I didn't know he was microchipped.
And I know what you mean, all my pets are microchipped, but don't wear their collars indoors (Nanooks tags get stuck in the heater vent covers). I'm always afraid if they get out & run off without their collars on and someone picks them up but doesn't bring them to a vet or shelter to get them scanned.

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
I didn't know he was microchipped.
And I know what you mean, all my pets are microchipped, but don't wear their collars indoors (Nanooks tags get stuck in the heater vent covers). I'm always afraid if they get out & run off without their collars on and someone picks them up but doesn't bring them to a vet or shelter to get them scanned.

It's cool, you couldn't know he was microchipped. You could always do a collar like I did for Finn for Nanook. I mean, the rabies tag isn't on this collar, but, at least his phone number is. But, yeah, Finn was getting his tags stuck all the time. And, there's always the chance that if he does get out, someone could just remove the collar and keep him. But, I will do what I can to keep him safe and get him back if he ever does escape or get lost. I've never had a dog run off or get lost, though, so, I'm hoping never to have to worry about that. Knock on wood!

jackie
08-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Thats a great idea to get the name and number sewn into the collar, none of my dogs tags ever stay on for long, the boys take turns chewing them off of each other. :rolleyes:

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jackie
Thats a great idea to get the name and number sewn into the collar, none of my dogs tags ever stay on for long, the boys take turns chewing them off of each other. :rolleyes:

My friend had dogs who did that to each other all the time. She went out & bought the spiked collars & years later they are still in good condition.

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by jackie

And, some people just put a phone number, not a name. Just because they might be able to steal your dog easier if they know it's name. But, heck, Finn's such a lover, he'd never be hard to catch if he did escape. But, now that I think about it, you could even just put a vet's number or something if you didn't want to get your home number on the collar...but, my parent's didn't mind me using their number, and, I know, even if I move or anything, this will always be a valid way to reach me. :) it is a good idea, and, I'm glad I finally got it done. It just makes me feel better, even if it's a false sense of security. ;)

beeniesmom
08-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice new collar FINN! You are such a cutie!

luvofallhorses
08-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Very nice! :)

elizabethann
08-30-2005, 02:11 PM
What a great collar!!!

finn's mom
08-30-2005, 02:30 PM
That's so cool that everyone digs his collar! It looks so nice in person!

gemini9961
08-30-2005, 05:09 PM
It is a great idea Kari. Never have too many ways to keep our pets safe.

Giselle
08-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Nice collar! I love the color red on dogs with Finn's coloring. Gissie's first collar was red, and I still think it looks absolutely dashing on all pups. I love the idea of having the name and phone number embroidered on the collar. We can't really do that to our collars, so I make nametag necklaces to compensate for my princess ;)

cyber-sibes
08-30-2005, 11:14 PM
looks great! I was just thinking the other day that I need to somehow put his name & a phone no. on Sherman's collar. He just pulled his tags off for the third time. He likes to lie on the wood decking and his tags get stuck between the boards. Maybe I will find a place that can embroider them around here. Finn's collar looks fabulous!

Uabassoon
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
I really like it! It's super cute and I think that red looks great on Finn!