PDA

View Full Version : Going to Boston!

gini
08-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I leave early tomorrow on a flight to Boston to see my sweet little nieces (ages 11 and 4). I haven't seen them for a year and I am so excited. They relocated to Boston from Santa Monica about a year ago.

I plan on spoiling them as much as I can in just a few days.........shhh, don't tell their Mom and Dad!!

I am hoping that I get to meet our Mayor Miss Karen and her husband while I am there.

I will be back next Wednesday.

Have a safe and fun Labor Day everyone!

shais_mom
08-30-2005, 12:34 PM
safe trip Mom!

Logan
08-30-2005, 12:39 PM
How wonderful!!!!!!! :)

I just sent you a PM with a name and phone number that you might try to reach while you are there.

Have a wonderful time!!

Logan

Randi
08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
Gini, I'm so exited for you!! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy everything! :D

Say Hi to Karen and Paul if you meet them! :)

slick
08-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Psssst....hey Randi....how about you and me stowing away in the suitcase.....hee hee.....she'll never know! :D :D

Have a wonderful trip Gini and don't forget to check in when you return! :)

xo

Edit: Forgot to say Cheers! :D :D

momoffuzzyfaces
08-30-2005, 01:08 PM
Have a fun trip.
Don't worry if you hear a faint flutter while traveling. That's just the wings of the extra guardian angels I've asked to accompany you and get you home again safely! ;) :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Have a great trip, Gini!!

Cinder & Smoke
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by gini

I leave early tomorrow on a flight to Boston ...

Uhhhh ....

Remember to Pack a Lunch!! :rolleyes:

Last few PT Trans-Con Flights have tended to take a mite longer
than was advertized ... hate to hear you starved to death on the plane!

Have **PHUNN**!

:D

Anita Cholaine
08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Have a wonderful time!!:D It must be so exciting for you....

Randi
08-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by slick Psssst....hey Randi....how about you and me stowing away in the suitcase.....hee hee.....she'll never know! :D :D

What an excellent idea!! :D And we could carry her bags. ...... Oh I miss you all!

slick
08-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Randi
What an excellent idea!! :D And we could carry her bags. ...... Oh I miss you all!
We should give her a few slushies first so she'll sleep on the plane. Then after she gets through with Boston, we can sweet-talk the pilot into diverting over to Belgium, then Copenhagen, then the UK. ;) :D

Gee, I wonder if pilots are as good looking as firemen? :confused: :D

gini
08-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Randi, oh, how I would love that! What a wonderful surprise to find Slick and Randi with me!

Phred, yes, my ticket says "food available for purchase" I am sure it will be wonderful, nourishing, and inexpensive - ha ha ha.

Just had an email from my brother and the four year old is promising me kisses, kisses and more kisses. She is full of herself and I love her dearly!

AmberLee
08-30-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh, have a WONDERFUL time. ~~~ <-- easy travel vibes accompany you!

anna_66
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
I may be a little late, but I hope you have a wonderful time:)

Killearn Kitties
08-31-2005, 09:23 AM
:D Have a great trip, Gini! I hope it all goes smoothly!

Bet your case is heavy with all those extra people in it.

slick
08-31-2005, 10:13 AM
She left for the airport at 5:15 this morning so I guess she's 30,000 ft in the air by now. I spoke to her briefly last night and she was so excited, but running around doing last minute stuff. I heard her mumble something about "a ton of ironing to do."

Safe trip Gini.
xoxo

RICHARD
09-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by slick
I heard her mumble something about "a ton of ironing to do."

Safe trip Gini.
xoxo

Now I know Gini is crazy......She irons stuff to fold it up and put it into a suitcase??

She is having fun...no word from her, yet...;)

lbaker
09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
IRONING? Oh no.. I think the poltergooses must have captured her. Poor Gini :( One does NOT iron on vacations) Gee Gini love, one does not iron at ALL, silly wabbitt ;) :D

gini
09-07-2005, 11:23 AM
I am back home safe and sound after a wonderful trip to Boston. I was able to bring California weather with me for the week I was there, so we all enjoyed full sunshine without the humidity.

I was able to introduce my brother and his wife to their new next door neighbors. We were at a festival on Sunday and I saw this spectacular Australian cattle dog - nine months old named Duke. Of course, I had to stop and pet him and it turns out that he lives right next door to the home my brother and his wife just bought. So my little nieces got to meet the boy and girl next door and my brother and his wife had a long chat with their new neighbors.

They shared a funny story about the puppy. They had a BBQ and had about 30 guests. The puppy was going crazy trying to herd all of the guests into one area. Finally they had to put Duke back in the house to give him some peace and also their guests.

I ALSO GOT TO MEET KAREN AND PAUL.........but I will open a separate thread later with pictures too! A wonderful experience and a highlight of my trip!

Do you know they don't lock the doors of their homes or their cars where they live? I came home to the land of burglar alarms!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Welcome home, gini! You were missed a lot!!!

Sounds like you had tons of fun! Did you tell them about YOUR BBQ? ;)

Killearn Kitties
09-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Welcome back!! :D Glad you had such a good trip.

Logan
09-07-2005, 11:43 AM
I'm so glad you're back, safe and sound, and that you had a marvelous time!!!! :) Can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your week.

Logan

lbaker
09-07-2005, 11:48 AM
:D :D YEAAAAHHH! Welcome home!! You have been missed like crazy, woman. Or is that "missed crazy woman"? ;) Settle in, spoil the orangies so they won't hold a grudge for toooo terribly long and THEN give us an uppitty date on you and yours. I still don't have a home computer so I've not been real together on what all's been going on either (I'm sure some of the other can fill you in on all the "good stuff"). Welcome home!!!

luvofallhorses
09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
sorry I just got to this :o sounds like you had a great time!! :D

AmberLee
09-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Welcome home, dear! More details of your trip once you are rested, pretty please with sugar on top!

slick
09-07-2005, 03:56 PM
A big welcome home {{{hug}}} to you. Glad you had a good time and looking forward to hearing more about it.

other me
xoxo :)

Karen
09-07-2005, 10:14 PM
It was such fun to meet you in person, and to meet some of your family as well. It was especially good to be able to give bunny-pointers to your nieces, too! :) Hope that helped ...

Thanks again for a lovely dinner, and we welcome you back to Massachusetts anytime! :)

RICHARD
09-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Karen

Thanks again for a lovely dinner, and we welcome you back to Massachusetts anytime! :)

Una pregunta?

La Senora Gini, Se porto bien???;)

lbaker
09-08-2005, 06:56 AM
Richard, I'm sure she did.. especially in front of The Mayor and The Founder!! Brother and wife too, maybe, but NOT when she was alone with the nieces *one of the joys of being "an Aunt", doncha know* ;)

slick
09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Una pregunta?
WHAT??????? Gini's pregnant???? :eek: :eek: :confused: :D

anna_66
09-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Welcome back Gini! I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip and even were able to meet up with Karen & Paul.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

gini
09-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Sorry for the delay in posting the pictures...........I will get to it today - gotta work now though.

Pregnant? Hmmm, what a thought!

Seeing the two nieces is like having this incredibly delicious meal - you walk away very full and satisfied - only in their case - I am filled with love received from the two of them. It is like nothing else in the world - except the love from Rascal, Annie and Emma.

Vermontcat
09-08-2005, 12:44 PM
I can't wait to see the photos.
Boston is a fun place to visit and I'm glad you got to meet Karen and Paul too.
Did you get to meet Miss Hoppy?