PDA

View Full Version : Hair help as well

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 12:10 PM
After seeing sirrabed's posts I decided after years of agony I'll ask for help/suggestions too.

I need help too. I'm trying to grow my hair out but it's always in face. My bangs are still too short to tuck behind my ears (and stay there) but long enough that it's always in my face.

I'm not fond of styling products but I have tried quite a few kinds & had no luck, except if I wanted to look like my hair is as hard as a rock.

I've also tried a few barrettes, headbands etc... and I either look guady or like I'm 13.

I've been trying to grow it out for 5 years, every 5-6 months it gets to this length (actually a little shorter) & I give up & chop it all back off again. I told myself that this time I will let it grow out, it's longer than it ever has been in the last 5 years.
5 years ago before I chopped it all off it was long, went down to my butt. It was the biggest mistake I ever made.

I'm really thinking about chopping it all off again.
I also have very thin hair, which looks fuller when it short. I look good with short hair but I'm single & some people guess that just by looks alone with short hair that I'm not into men. And to meet a man that I don't know the first thing you see is looks, I don't want to look like I'm into females. I do dress like a girl but the short hair throws people off I guess. Plus winter is on its way. Its cold w/ short hair. lol

Here's a pic from last month (my hair is a little shorter than that, I just got it trimmed & she accidently cut off a little more than I wanted) I wish I had a pic on my comp. with shorter hair for comparison.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid177/pe6e5db3046d4ce9f8ddd2dfcb88c6499/f3425049.jpg

caseysmom
08-30-2005, 12:15 PM
I think lots of layers, then mousse it up and do some scrunching when you blow dry.

sirrahbed
08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
You have pretty face and are young:D It also looks like your face is thin so layers around your face would be pretty I think (not nags but layers along the sides. It looks like you have enough natural curl for some fullness. I am like you in not liking hard products but maybe soft mousse and scrunching like caseysmom suggested? I have not tried many of them but surely something will leave our hair soft:)

Oh and color - how about foil highlighting so there is no line as it grows out? I think you would look really pretty with both light and dark:)

heehee just saw in your profile that you are 29 - I thought you were a teenager:D

kittycats_delight
08-30-2005, 12:24 PM
I think something like this would look amazing on you.

http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.com/images/short4.jpg

Or this
http://hairstyles.free-beauty-tips.com/images/short22.jpg

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 12:48 PM
I love the suggestions that everyone is giving me but I've tried them or at least styles similar to them. Maybe I'll try them again, its been a couple months since I tried to do anything to it.

My hair is really goofy.
It is pretty curly by nature, so curly that it is pretty unmanagable if scrunched or just blowdried. I have to blow dry it straight & put a hat or bandana on my head for about 20 minutes to make it as straight as the picture shows. I don't like it curly. But when it is shorter and/or longer than it is now it gets straighter. This is my hairs curly stage.

My hair does have layers in it, and just got more added to it but it didn't really make much of a difference.

Kittycats delight, I LOVE those styles, but I can't get my hair to look like that unless I use some stiff styling products. The softer ones don't really work in my hiar. After about an hour it all falls out of place.

I'll be playing around with styles tonight.

caseysmom
08-30-2005, 12:49 PM
You could try a chi straightening iron, that thing works miracles.

JenBKR
08-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Ugh I hear ya - I have thin hair too. I hate it. For years I had a perm because it looked like my hair actually had a little body, but I recently got it cut to just above my shoulders and straightened. I think no matter what hair we have, we always want something different :rolleyes: Did you try going in to a salon and talking to someone about it? I am very lucky, my sister is a stylist and does my hair; she comes up with some really good ideas :)

jackie
08-30-2005, 01:39 PM
If you have curls, I would not put more layers in. If you are growing your bangs out, sweep the to one side and clip being your ear.

something like this, but the bangs tucked behind your ears.
http://images.zap2it.com/20050317/sonypspphotos/000_nicolerichie_sonypsp.jpg

jackie
08-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Oh. and if you have really thin hair, I would go for a darker colour. a chocolate-y brown would look GREAT on you, just not too dark.
Or with lighter streaks in the front. Like this...
http://photos7.flickr.com/8711733_1eb9a181c7_m.jpg

lv4dogs
08-30-2005, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by sirrahbed
heehee just saw in your profile that you are 29 - I thought you were a teenager:D

THANK YOU!!!! :D :D