PDA

View Full Version : A Second Job??

manda_moo87
08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
Well, as many of you know I got my very first job about 3 weeks ago. I just got a phone call from our local Wal-Mart yesterday (I dropped off an application there in July) and they've invited me to a Wal-Mart information session tomorrow. So I'm hoping that it may follow with a job interview and that I'll be able to have 2 jobs... I REALLY need the money. Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes smoothly... :) I've always hoped I could work at Wal-Mart... :D

PS
My first job is getting easier, its a tough job but its not at all as bad as it was at the start.

Daisy and Delilah
08-30-2005, 08:02 AM
Good luck!! We hope you get it!!:D

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

petslover
08-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Good Luck to you too. I hope you get what you want.

manda_moo87
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
Thank you both... I'm leaving in a couple hours. I'm really excited and also nervous, but I'm sure it'll turn out fine, whatever happens.

Anita Cholaine
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
Good luck for you!!!:) Hope everything goes fantastic.......

manda_moo87
08-30-2005, 07:10 PM
Just got back. They just made me fill out some forms and then they interviewed me. I think it went pretty well and they said they'd call me if I got the job... so I've got my fingers crossed!! :)

moosmom
08-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Good luck! I hear Wal-Mart is a great place to work. I just applied to Bath & Body Works. The woman I spoke with said someone would call me tomorrow. I need that extra income SO bad!!!!! Plus I love their stuff. Employee discounts are nice perks!!

buckner
08-30-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Good luck! I hear Wal-Mart is a great place to work. I just applied to Bath & Body Works. The woman I spoke with said someone would call me tomorrow. I need that extra income SO bad!!!!! Plus I love their stuff. Employee discounts are nice perks!! Sorry for the hijacking of this thread, but Donna, do you know how you have to be to apply at Bath & Body Works?

Good job, Amanda! I'm sure you'll get the job. :) And I'm glad to see that your first job is finally easing up a bit, it sucks doing something you hate!

moosmom
08-31-2005, 09:39 AM
Buckner

do you know how you have to be to apply at Bath & Body Works?

Care to explain it? Did you mean how OLD you have to be to work there??

If that IS the case, believe me, I'm of age, and then some!!! ;)

bluekat
08-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Ooh good luck! I hope you get the job :D

moosmom
08-31-2005, 07:38 PM
I had my interview at Bath & Body Works. I'll know Tuesday whether I've got the job. Only pays $7.00 but you get a 30% discount!!!! That works for me!

Sirrahsim
08-31-2005, 07:39 PM
Good luck! WalMart was my first real job and I liked it a lot. :D

lizbud
08-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Just wanted to say that I admire your spunk and initiative.
Hope you get that second job.:)

manda_moo87
08-31-2005, 08:39 PM
Thank you... :D So far they haven't called... but I'm still hopeful. :)

buckner
08-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Care to explain it? Did you mean how OLD you have to be to work there??

If that IS the case, believe me, I'm of age, and then some!!! ;) Hehe, silly me! Yes, that's what I meant to say.

I was asking because I wanted to know if I should even bother picking up an application. I'm only 17 and I'd love to work there - anywhere small and close-knit, and I'm in dire need of a job.

moosmom
09-01-2005, 09:30 AM
Buckner,

Don't let your age hold you back (I certainly don't! :p:p ) Now is the time to start looking because all the kids have gone back to school.

Good luck sweetie!!!