PDA

View Full Version : We Got The House!!!

king2005
08-29-2005, 11:36 PM
We were approved for the NICE Townhouse in Mississauga today!!!
We get the moving truck on the 14th & I'm not sure of our moving day yet. I didn't get to finish th convo with Rob cause the bus' were drowning him out.

I had to call the 3 people I promissed I'd call as soon as I found out any more news.

I first called Adair my manager/good friend. She was sooo happy, cause shes been helping us the whole time with support.

Then I called my dad, he went nuts (happy nuts) & then went on about his new scanner (hes odd like that).

Then I called my 61yr old co-worker from the old store. She was so excited she asked where I was. I said I'm at the station near work. She said get off & come to my place, We gotta have a get together before u leave.

I went to her place at 8pm & she drove me home at 11pm. OMG we had so much fun. I got a tour of her & her hubbies home. Got a coke & then we chatted about work for an hour, cause she didn't know why I went of stress leave & then left the store. Then we just had a blast blabbing about everythig.

Then her hubby said, show her the pic u have that she did. I said the post card? she said nope. She took out a photo album & showed me the picture I drew for her when I left her a note to do something if she had time for me. I couldn't believe she had kepts it

SO I plan to draw her a nice photo when I get to my new house & mail it to her

I'm really gonna miss her. Shes a great friend & like a grandmother to me. I will miss all her hugs.

Oh & we took a photo of us on her couch & then she tooka photo of me.. Shes gonna make 4 copies, 1 for her, 1 for me & the others go to friends hehehe

I had a wonderful first time back at work. Stress free, quick day, GREAT house news & had fun with my friend. It couldn't have gone any better

NoahsMommy
08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
How exciting!! Congrats!! :)

king2005
08-30-2005, 12:48 AM
I nearly cried when I got the news.. I waS sooo scared we wern't gonna get it & then Rob would loose his job & I would be stuck here.

I feel like a bolder has been lifted off my chest. Thats why I still haven't gone to bed yet.. still bouncing off the walls!!

BitsyNaceyDog
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Great News!!! congratulations!

king2005
09-01-2005, 10:43 PM
OMG I can my nerves r really getting bad now..

Our moving date is the 16th. Its getting so close. I'm hardly eating, peeing like mad & my tummy seems to be always upset (not barfing I haven't barfed since 1990 & don't plan to start).. but my insides r a total mess...

This is a really big thing & Rob & I r just under so much stress cause his mother wont P!$$ off. Its non-stop hounding & telling us what to do & how to do things. Shes always quite wrong however.

My dad want's daily updates, which itsn't so bad, but I don't have the time to call him for 2hrs a night.

However my friend in toronto is going crazy cause I'm not moving fast enough.

Karen
09-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Congratulations again! A stressful time, but happy stress! And I'm sure your Dad will be okay with shorter phone calls in preparation for the big move!!!

king2005
09-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I don't have the heart to tell him to hang up or I have to go. He has brought up alot of questions & stuff for us to look into to make sure we don't mess up our plans... & to make sure were safe & secure.

I know he feels bad for not being able to give us any money, cause all his extra money is going to my sister for her education. Shes ummm a bit slower then most so its harder for her to work & go to school. so my dad is paying for her apt & utils so she only has to worry about school & so far shes doing GREAT except english.

So I told dad I'm only able to talk at night, so I usually have to call him around 10pm my time.

-----

Here is a map of Mississauga. We live near the N (north sign). Its a great location, so many store & stuff near us!!

map of mississauga (http://www.mississauga.ca/ecity/download/?repositoryKey=Ecity&itemDesc=file&dataName=data&mimeTypeName=mimeType&id=4400181)

king2005
09-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Heres a photo of what our house will look like (this ones not ours, its just the photo they use)

http://www.zerogerman.com/blog/archives/house.jpg (our server is temp down, so the photo will not show up for a bit. So a friend on a turtle forum added it to his website so I can use it). Our poor poor poor server is going through hell & back.. the guys r hooking up all kinds of stuff so we can have a secure network with a 500km distance.. Tom wrote a sweet program (cannot say what). & he's selling the rights to his boss's (friend) company & its gonna be BIG!!! But they r messing with the sofeware & the didn't finish working on the server before they went to bed so no website...

king2005
09-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Anyone want butterflies?? I feel like I'm being twisted in 1/2.. Tomorrow (well really today) is gonna be sooo hard!! Its my last day at work & Gerry is gonna be so upset. She finally got me back in that office with her again & Now I'm leaving for good.

Adair the Post Office Manager/Good Friend, offered my a couch & a love seat for $500.00!!! She bought it for $2000.00 only a couple yrs ago & its in good shape. She just doesn't have a need for it anymore. She lives in the basement of her daughtors house & she spends alot of time upstairs with everyone else, so its just collecting clothing & dust.

We don't have the $500.00 so I turned her sweet offer down. Then she said, I don't need the money now. Pay off ur bills, get settled in & send the money when u get it.

We plan to send her the money for xmas. I think it'll be a perfect time to get $500.00.

Rob is in Shock that she wants us to take the couches without paying up front. Hes not use to people being nice to him. SO he doesn't understand it the greatest.. hes still going on about Adair being so kind & doesn't know why (hes has a rough life, evil parents)