PDA

View Full Version : One pic of Daisy

Glacier
08-29-2005, 11:45 AM
I forgot to post this one yesterday. Daisy tagged along on the berry picking trip with Pingo. She had to amuse herself most of the time with sticks as Pingo doesn't wrestle like the other dogs do.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/beautidaisy.jpg
Pretty, isn't she? As much as I enjoy her company, I wish I could find a way to make her owner understand what a great dog he's missing out on.

Jadapit
08-29-2005, 12:48 PM
She is beautiful!! I love her curls. Does her owner not pay much attention to her?

cyber-sibes
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
Daisy sure is lucky to have you for a neighbor. She's a real cutie, and it's so cool that she gets along with all your dogs, too. You're right about her owner, he's missing out! Looks like Daisy gets in on most of the action at your place!

Glacier
08-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
She is beautiful!! I love her curls. Does her owner not pay much attention to her?

Daisy spends about 80% of her time at our place. She actually lives a kilometre or so away. She can get to our house through the forest and never has to cross a road. She comes over as soon as she hears howling or any kind of ruckus. She comes on every walk, every bike ride, ect that I take. She ran behind the sled for hundreds of miles last winter.

Her owner is a nice enough guy, just kinda clueless about her needs. Physically she's well cared for. He feeds her good food & gets her vet care when she needs it. She goes home to sleep most nights and is allowed in the house. He would never hit her or physically abuse her. He just doesn't understand that she has emotional needs too. He used to have an underground fence for her. It worked until she figured out that there are other dogs nearby she can play with. Then she didnt' care if she got zapped. She's very social and has a high energy level. He has commented that since she started hanging out with us, she doesn't chew up stuff in his yard anymore.

Daisy is a bright dog and well mannered. She knows all the basic obedience commands and some sled commands. If she had a better coat, I'd put her in harness! She gets along with all my dogs, even Kayleigh tolerates her on walks. She's good when we run into other dogs on the trails, always comes when I call her. Most people thinks she's my 23rd dog. I say I have part-time custody of her. If she was a hassle, I'd complain more to him about her, but she's an easy dog and I enjoy having her around. I'm really part of the problem. I enable him to neglect her, but at least Daisy gets all her needs met between the two homes!

Jadapit
08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
She is really lucky to have a neighbor like you! It sounds like you love her as much as your own dogs.:D She sounds like an amazing dog. What is she mixed with do you know?

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Aww, Daisy's beautiful! Don't you wish she was yours??;)

lvpets2002
08-29-2005, 03:29 PM
;) Awe Dasiy you are just adorable ..

Queen of Poop
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
Daisy sounds and looks like the perfect doggie. She's lucky to have you for a step-mommy.

Ginger's Mom
08-29-2005, 05:17 PM
She is a pretty girl, and very lucky to have you for a neighbor. If she didn't get her needs met at your place, who knows how far she would wander looking for companionship. :( Although having said that, I must admit that I do smile to myself everytime you mention Daisy going along on a walk, or getting into a picture. She has a way of worming her way into your heart.

sandragonfly
08-29-2005, 05:20 PM
ahh, you are still walking her! seriously, you gotta have this lucky daisy!

love her curls too, yep very pretty girl! did daisy (or pingo) got some berries? :D

chocolatepuppy
08-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Daisy is such a pretty girl! I'm glad you and your pups are there for her. :)

jackie
08-29-2005, 06:15 PM
I love the look in her eyes, Beautiful!

Glacier
08-29-2005, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jadapit
What is she mixed with do you know?

Not a clue! She has rottie coloring, curly fur like a poodle, she's about the size of a small husky, curled tail like a husky, double coated. Temperment like a lab--loves to fetch and swim. There's husky in her somewhere--there is in almost every dog up here, but no idea what the rest is. I've always wondered where she got the curls from!

finn's mom
08-29-2005, 11:01 PM
She's so pretty...that's a great picture.

Lobodeb
08-30-2005, 01:13 PM
Aww come on. What's one more doggie? Listen to me. This is coming from the same person who asked when you sleep when you had done the thread on all of your doggies. I about fell out of my chair when I found out you had cats too. I literally fell out of my chair when I found out that they weren't your full time job.

But still, Daisy looks like she would fit in with your sweet family. As you said, at least she's getting her needs met between the two homes.