PDA

View Full Version : Which famous dog is the cutest?

AdoreMyDogs
03-11-2001, 09:46 PM
I was a full time couch potato this weekend due to a cold so I got LOTS of tv watching done! I watched "As Good As It Gets" and have come to the conclusion that Virdel (sp?), the little Brussel Griffon, has got to be the MOST adorable of all movie star dogs I have EVER seen! That little doll is almost too cute for words. So does anyone have a favorite movie star dog? If so post which big screen dog makes your heart melt http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Fuzzy317
03-11-2001, 09:55 PM
I put Rin Tin Tin, and Old Yeller toward the top of my list.

But my favorite is Lassie. The dog that adopted me, Eli, is a collie lab mix.

------------------
Recently adopted by 3 cats: Jackson, Rosie, Fluffy; a dog: Eli; some fish, and my fiancee: Lynn (Vi Co Bi)

KYS
03-11-2001, 09:59 PM
My current favorite is Eddie on the
show Frazier.
I watched part of "As Good as it Gets" yesturday, and I have to agree with you,
Virdel sure is a cutie.

Angels3
03-12-2001, 12:18 AM
I'll go for Rex & Fly (& their puppies), the border collies from the movie 'Babe'. And, of course, Lassie!

Pam
03-12-2001, 05:57 AM
Definitely Otis, the little pug, from the movie Otis & Milo! He stole my heart! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

RachelJ
03-12-2001, 10:37 AM
I'm an Eddie lover too.

I love all the dogs in commercials too. There is a new for for Advantage where the dogs are at the groomers and are talking about other dogs. It's a stitch.

NancyP
03-12-2001, 05:52 PM
I think Wishbone, the dog on PBS who acts out different books is adorable. I saw one episode where he was dressed up as Robin Hood and it was great!

tatsxxx11
03-12-2001, 06:52 PM
I love the little smooth coated fox terrier in "My Dog Skip" I couldn't get him out of my head for days. Then I found out that Eddie from 'Frasier' played Skip in his older years. Also love all the above mentioned nominees. Oh, and "Mom" and Rex, the Border Collies from the movie "Babe" really stole my heart. Old Yeller is another heartbreaker! But who can forget Lassie and Rin Tin Tin!!! Ahhhh. I can never pick just one!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited March 12, 2001).]

Pam
03-12-2001, 06:58 PM
Rachel I love that commercial too!! I also finally saw the commercial for Celebrex with the papillon! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

*BaSim*
03-12-2001, 09:27 PM
i dont know if any of you watch music videos? but in sorry miss jackson by outkast video there is a little dog walking across a piano and i thought that was cute but my fav moust famous dog is Rin Tin Tin i thoguht i would be the first to say this... gsd's r truely the most beautiful dogs ever!!

Genia
03-12-2001, 09:29 PM
I can't watch Ole Yeller again. I cry and I hate crying. I loved Benji. That's the first dog from a movie I ever remember wanting as my own. Right now Eddie from Frasier is my favorite. He's a hoot! And if we can put cartoons in the mix, I have to put my vote in for Lady and the Tramp.

karen israel
03-13-2001, 07:24 AM
Hey, Pam! Celebrex commercial is a Border Collie..the diet drug...whatever it's called..is with a Papillon..I think of Pet Talk Sophie every time!!! I love every dog even the Dogue de Bordeaux from Turner and Hooch..but I'm a Border Collie lover, so Rex and Fly in Babe get my vote! I also love those Purina (Must be the dog chow!) commercials where the lab runs through the front door and knocks over the guy and the other one where the guy gets licked to death!!! Isn't there also a toliet paper commerical where the kids put it up against the cabinets and then they call the puupy in to eat and it runs into the rolls..soft and absorbant??? I'm just a sucker for all dog movies and commercials!!! Can't watch Old Yeller anymore, though either..Boo Hoo!! Actually, I think the dog in the diet pill commercial is a King Charles Spaniel!! Cute! Cute! Cute!!!

[This message has been edited by karen israel (edited March 13, 2001).]

RachelJ
03-15-2001, 03:44 PM
Karen, you got to look real hard to spot the Papillion in the Celebrex commercial (and there are different variations of it, some are shortened versions, it is not in). The border collie is with a dog walker, but it is running ahead free. When you see the dog walker with the other dogs (and you got to be quick because it is just on for a second) you will see a papillion among the dog walker's dogs.

Pam
03-15-2001, 07:09 PM
Rachel's right. I kept missing the papillon because sometimes the commercial is a shortened version and also the papillon is just a quick blip on the screen. If you blink you could miss it! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

ownerof3dogs
03-16-2001, 06:29 PM
I like the Cairn Terrier from "Lost & Found"
he was just so cute. Or how about the dog from "There's something about Mary" and the Doberman from "Eye of an Angel"(great movie) But my favorit classics are Rin Tin Tin and Lassie.

Logan
03-16-2001, 07:57 PM
Well, what a great question....I saw "As Good as it Gets" a long time ago when it as in the theater. I can't remember to save my life what kind of dog it was (Maltese, poodle or something?). It was Greg Kinnear's dog I think....Help me! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif

Helen said to tell you that the Golden Retriever in Air Bud and all the sequels is her favorite. Are you surprised??

You're not going to believe this, but I think my favorite has to be Toto from the Wizard of Oz. He was such a good dog!!! And his mom (Dorothy) talked to him almost as much as I talk to Honey and Lilly!!!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Logan

[This message has been edited by Logan (edited March 16, 2001).]

Pam
03-17-2001, 06:56 AM
Logan I think the dog in As Good As It Gets was a Brussels Griffin. I could be wrong. Anyone else know? Whatever it was, it was sure a cutie! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

AdoreMyDogs
03-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Yes he's a Brussel(s?) Griffon. In Dog Fancy there was an article about the breed shorlty after the movie came out. I called a few breeders to see what they had to say about the breed because the breed was so adorable. The breed is not for me, but boy are they cute!

My next door neighbor at the time got a black one shortly after the movie came out. He was cute, but he was not quite as cute as Virdel in the movie http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

clarebear__45
05-01-2002, 06:44 PM
apart from my Lab Sophie, I think Draco who plays Diefenbaker in Due SouTH is the handsome dog ever!

I agree with you all about Moose who plays Eddie in Frasier !

I think Niles is the cutest ! lol

Cincy'sMom
05-01-2002, 07:42 PM
My favorites have to be the dalmations in the Glen Close version of 101 dalmations. 99 squirmy little, stinky white puppies!!! (And two good lookin adults!) HEAVEN!!!

Crikit
05-01-2002, 08:28 PM
I'll have to say the famous dog that's the cutest is Snoopy or maybe Scooby doo...you guys don't mean cartoon dogs do you? Well okay hmm let's see. Loved Fly for obvious reasons ;) Chance from The incredible journey was a cutie and of course the dalmations from both movies (101,102) and I'm thinking when I actually have the time to sit down and watch it again carefully I'm going to like some of the dogs that are in Shanghigh noon because a couple of my friends had dogs in it.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Yo! Rinnie!!! Rin Tin Tin that is. He's my favorite from the past but I like Wisbone on PBS too.
This got me to thinking of old tv shows. Does anyone remember the one about, 'Fury! The Story of a Horse and the Boy Who Loved Him.'? Fury was a beautiful black horse. I wanted one just like him. Peter Graves played the father and Bobby Diamond was the son. There was another boy called Packie. I know Peter Graves is still around but I've always wondered about Bobby Diamond and the boy who played Packie. They seemed to disappear after the show went off. They've never even shown up on the 'Where are they now?' shows that pop up from time to time. Just wondered.

Deb Motter
05-03-2002, 06:52 AM
I love the mutt Sandy from Annie.

anna_66
05-03-2002, 07:27 AM
I have to say he was always my favorite, always saving kitties and everything! And he was so adorable!

jennifert
05-03-2002, 08:16 AM
I love the dog in the PetSmart commercials. I think it's a briard? There are so many cute dog commercials out lately, I love them all!
And Anna, I love Benji too!

sabies
05-03-2002, 09:58 AM
Wishbone and My Dog Skip are adorable...but the all time favorite is definitely:

BENJI

Mary101
05-03-2002, 11:21 AM
I have to go with Lassie and with the little dog from Petticoat Junction (anyone else out there remember that show :D )

Albea
05-05-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Logan

Helen said to tell you that the Golden Retriever in Air Bud and all the sequels is her favorite. Are you surprised??
Logan, tell Helen that I'm with her. This is no surprise either.;)
After Bud, I always loved Benji and, of course, Lassie and Rin Tin Tin.

Corinna
05-05-2002, 12:57 PM
ok puppies get me I love the kitties and pups in the advantage commercials ,the one where they sing the cute little song. But if I must pick one movie dog Nanna the old english in Peter pan With Robin Williams.Maybe the St.Bernie in Betooven, Just love Hairy slobbery guys,( Don't tell my hubby He's none of those ).

Rottie
05-05-2002, 04:10 PM
My favorite is the goofy Dog De Beaurdeaux (sp?), Hooch from Turner & Hooch. :D

sadie-baby
05-07-2002, 05:06 PM
:cool: skip on my dog skipblue
he is eddie on frasher too;) ;) :p :p

CountryWolf07
05-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok I LOVE TV... so.. I'll say.. Eddie, from Frasier is very cute.. but the dog(s) that have appeared on FRIENDS were cute too as well.. :) Lassie is cool.. Rin Tin Tin.. I've heard of him, etc.. but.. never really saw him on tv.. - Rachel

xoxjoaniexox
05-08-2002, 12:46 PM
The dog in My Dog Skip is the Son of Eddie that's on Frasier. He's a Jack Russel Terrier. When he got older in the movie they used Eddie.

Of course everyone loves Lassie. I love all of the doggers in the movies but let's not forget about Benji. That's some cutie dog.

xoxjoaniexox
05-08-2002, 12:48 PM
I think the doggie that was on Petticoat Junction is Benji. I read that somewhere.

anna_66
05-08-2002, 02:35 PM
your right! it is!

CountryWolf07
05-18-2002, 07:17 PM
What?? I didn't know that dog was Eddie's son?! That's just amazing. - Rachel

Dogz
05-21-2002, 07:25 PM
I really like Lassie, the dog on My Dog Skip, and "mom" and Rex on the movie Babe. (The same as tatsxxx11)

lovemymaltese
05-23-2002, 03:29 PM
That dog on "As Good As It Gets" is absolutely precious. I tottaly agree. I also thought that Babe was precious in his own movie. I adore pigs.

pupper-lover
05-31-2002, 08:22 AM
My pups got on ESPN sports, but I guess that doesn't qualify as famous. So I have to say, as far as famous dogs go, Snoopy is the cutest-est!

ellensy
05-31-2002, 10:20 AM
I love Verdel, Skip, Lassie, Beethoven, Rin Tin Tin and a lab in a movie "Benny" (i think) ;)

ChewmonkeyBC
06-01-2002, 02:02 PM
I would have to say Fly and Eddie....Fly looks to me like my furbabie Chewy,and i think that Eddie is just toooo cute....well i g2g t2e1l :D